HTC One S - voice quality

Search This thread

Hiken_Ace

Nov 19, 2011
Kiev
I migrated over from a mt4g as well. The call quality on that thing was perfect. You might want to try and do an exchange on your one s because mine doesnt hang on basic tasks and ive been really surprised by the battery life in comparison to my mt4g. With some moderate morning use (some games, surfing, app downloads) and then forgetting to charge it afterwards my phone lasts on stand by from 9pm to 1pm the next day with some charge still left over. it sorta lags a tiny bit but nothing to complain about. the only game ive really played on it is temple run and it seems to glitch in the beginning a few times by freezing and continuing the game but it sort of fixes itself? My screen, like yours, is apparently always the culprit for battery time even though i have it set to auto brightness and have it so it turns off in 30 seconds.

the call quality is what i can't handle. this phone is great but if i can't make a phone call whats the point!? i'll be getting my 3rd replacement on monday =/

I get 7-8 hours max and I'm running stock ... What ROM are you using ??

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 AM ----------

I have a normal quality whit stock rom. then i upgraded to maximushd and in call sound quality issues begin.
here is all i did, and no improvement until last step.
1. tried different radios. 1.13 and 1.15 and reflashing 1.20, no improvement
2. installed ElementalX 6.1 kernel and nothing
3. tried In-Call Quality Fix for Sense 5 here > http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2482089
4. finally i tried flashing phone.apk from here : http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=46945481&postcount=1844
after 2 days, it seems the problem is solved.

How is your battery life on maximus ?? And have you experienced any other bugs ?? I'm thinking about it .. since this stock Rom battery life is super bad ... 7-8 hours ..

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yup I've had that too. I get it about every time that I call a new number. Completely muffled and can't hear other side. But that might just be me sincevI'm convinced that my phone is completely defective.

I've noticed that my phone lags in basic tasks that even my mytouch 4G handled smoothly. It'll even freeze halfway through a song quite often. Not sure what's going on but I've had major performance problems with my One S even after a full reboot.

My battery dies in about 10 hours of mostly being on standby. I go to school so I listen to music for about a total time of an hour and half throughout the day.
    I turn my Internet off, wifi off and Google location services off and still the same result.
    Battery settings says it's mostly using the screen even though it's off for about 85% of my use... Anyone else?

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using XDA

I migrated over from a mt4g as well. The call quality on that thing was perfect. You might want to try and do an exchange on your one s because mine doesnt hang on basic tasks and ive been really surprised by the battery life in comparison to my mt4g. With some moderate morning use (some games, surfing, app downloads) and then forgetting to charge it afterwards my phone lasts on stand by from 9pm to 1pm the next day with some charge still left over. it sorta lags a tiny bit but nothing to complain about. the only game ive really played on it is temple run and it seems to glitch in the beginning a few times by freezing and continuing the game but it sort of fixes itself? My screen, like yours, is apparently always the culprit for battery time even though i have it set to auto brightness and have it so it turns off in 30 seconds.

the call quality is what i can't handle. this phone is great but if i can't make a phone call whats the point!? i'll be getting my 3rd replacement on monday =/
    3rd? Wow. I had about 17 exchanges on the mytouch 4G (no joke) and was hoping that I wouldn't have to go through any on this phone. Was there anything special that you did with the phone? (ie charge before 1st use?). I'll probably just tell Tmo about the call quality and lag for them to exchange it. I hate that they won't take battery probs seriously and ask you to do a factory reset.

!! You sound like me. I lost count on how many returns I did on my mytouch4g. In fact... that's how I got my one s.
    I b*tched and had so many returns they offered me whatever android I wanted (after threatening to cancel and not pay them sh*t and getting into an argument with their "customer loyalty" department when she tried to "upgrade" me by sending me a sidekick -_-) for free... so I waited until the release date of the one s and ordered it =3

Even though nothing too special must be done with these phones batteries I still let it get an entire charge before I started to play with it. The phone is perfect in every way and I honestly had no complaints until everyone I spoke to told me I sounded like I was muffled =/
    My first phone - Everyone could hear me fine, i couldn't really hear them...everything was high pitched and muddy and buzzy sounding for me and it actually hurt my ears to talk to anyone
    My second phone - The complete reverse. I can hear everyone fine but no one can hear me.
    My third phone - I'll let you know... I'm stuck at work but I'll find out tonight.
    (i still haven't sent any of my phones back in case todays phone is even worse.)

They don't take anything seriously -_- every time i call them I'm prepped for the argument because they never know wtf they're talking about. I always had to tell them "HEY...This is my 20th mytouch...CHECK MY ACCOUNT...(by then they just sit silently when they see i'm not lying)... i'm PRETTY SURE i know how to trouble shoot and reset my phone, no there isn't any water damage, so stop wasting my time and send me another phone so we can both get back to whatever the hell it was we were doing >_<" all of my rage.

EDIT:
    Received my phone and the call quality isn't 100% but its SUCH an improvement from my other two devices. I'm keeping this one. It'll do. I can hear everyone (not as great as on my mytouch4g) fairly well without any muffled sounds and they can actually understand everything I'm saying. Finally! Definitely try and return your OneS.... i know it's a pain in the ass but it's worth it in the end =/
    Haha yup I was offered a sidekick too! I will never know how in the world they find a sidekick a "comparable model" to the mytouch4g and not a Galaxy S 4g at least.
    I called about an hour ago, they said my replacement will arrive on Wednesday. They charged me a $5 fee though. I'll definitely charge that one for at least 8 hours and hopefully get more than 4 hours of heavy use out of it.

My first one i had to foot the $5 too, but the other two it was more of a "you guys f*cked this up" type situation so they didn't bill me anymore for returns. Good luck =)