[MOD] "Nag-Free" Statusbar | No Wifi, Carrier, GPS, Battery Full or IME Notifications

Search This thread

Apfels

Sep 9, 2011
Problem

I used twrp recovery to install the mod however nothing has changed when the phone rebooted. I did do the dalvik cache wipe. What did I do wrong?

ahmarchi

Aug 20, 2008
Greensboro
Flashing thus on ptmr3 x6 Rom makes rom not boot anymore. 4.1.2 base

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app

sk806

Jan 30, 2005
Rye, New York
Maybe because I don't have deodex.

Yes. That would do it, as the smali coding is in classes.dex for my mods, while its in the odex files in your rom, so basicalll nothing is changing when you flash coding-wise. However, I have seen it happen that classes.dex mods work. I font know what the hell is going on sometimes...;).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda premium

Apfels

Sep 9, 2011
Well, I'm downloading a stock root deodex rom. Do I need to do a factory reset? I know I have to wipe the cache and the dalvik cache. Then I can apply this mod.

mypantsaretorn

Oct 7, 2006
If, you're taking requests... Would it be possible to only remove the full battery and ime notifications ? I find the wifi and gps still useful most of the time.

I'm running the original port by cjspape along with the 15 toggle mods from this thread:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1929217

[THEME][11-12] 15 & 23 TOGGLES ☆ Simplistic Framework ☆ Modded pulldown ☆ & more

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

dacornholio

May 10, 2011
Re: [MOD] "Nag-Free" Statusbar | No Wifi, Carrier, GPS, Battery Full or IME Notificat

I know op is not working on this project anymore, but since op pm box is full & I couldn't ask him for instruction, is there anyone out there that can help me out??? I'm trying to mod cleanrom 4.6.1 to remove battery full and ime switcher notification

J

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

antiochasylum

Recognized Contributor
Re: [MOD] "Nag-Free" Statusbar | No Wifi, Carrier, GPS, Battery Full or IME Notificat

I know op is not working on this project anymore, but since op pm box is full & I couldn't ask him for instruction, is there anyone out there that can help me out??? I'm trying to mod cleanrom 4.6.1 to remove battery full and ime switcher notification

J

You can use xposed framework, and disable battery full by pulser_g2 to remove the battery full, and as for the IMEI, just un-installed the keyboards you don't use and it will go away.

dacornholio

May 10, 2011

Thanks antiochasylum, I couldn't uninstall Google voice typing, hence the ime switcher is always on. Even if I disable it, it will enable itself after a reboot or a new app being installed.

J

You can use xposed framework, and disable battery full by pulser_g2 to remove the battery full, and as for the IMEI, just un-installed the keyboards you don't use and it will go away.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [MOD] "Nag-Free" Statusbar | No Wifi, Carrier, GPS, Battery Full or IME Notifications

For personal reasons, I cannot continue to support this thread. If someone wants to take itb over, PM me, and I will send you the files to comp. Thanks!

Hi All, the attached flashable zip will stop several of the annoying "nag" notifications in the statusbar, including the Carrier Label, "GPS Searching", "Battery Full" and "Select Input Method" notifications that drive me crazy. As the Wifi notification has already been addressed in another thread, I did not include it, but I can if people want an all-in-one solution (mine likely nwould be done a different way). This is based on the latest UCALJ2 firmware and is DE-ODEXED.

I have ben running this for several hours, and all seems OK, but, as always, you flash this mod at your own risk and I am not responsible for what happens. If people notice any bugs or FC,s please let me know in the thread.

PLEASE NOTE: This will replace your SystemUI.apk and services.jar. Accordingly, if you are using a ROM that has custom versions of either of those files, this will remove said customization! Please ask your dev if this is the case, and, if so, ask to have the changes made compatible with the ROM in question (I am happy to provide code, but it's way too much for a "How To").

To Install:

1. Make NANDROID Backup;
    2. Download http://d-h.st/Rmx and place on internal or external SDCard;
    3. Reboot into recovery;
    4. Flash zip in recovery (dalvik wipe recommended);
    5. Enjoy!
    Thanks for the mod,

2 Q's

1. Will enacting this mod alter the signal indicator icons? (4G LTE, 4G, etc). Because in another thread for a custom ROM, you had the choice to apply the "Canada" style status bar with no Carrier Label, but the signal indicator would not be like the AT&T version, so I was not sure if this mod swapped them out.

2. Would I still be able to switch my keyboard on the fly when I am typing? or does removing the icon also remove the entire notification?

Thanks.

I can confirm that this has the ATT icons. Also, works great on CleanROM with Perseus kernel.
    Thanks for the mod,

2 Q's

1. Will enacting this mod alter the signal indicator icons? (4G LTE, 4G, etc). Because in another thread for a custom ROM, you had the choice to apply the "Canada" style status bar with no Carrier Label, but the signal indicator would not be like the AT&T version, so I was not sure if this mod swapped them out.

2. Would I still be able to switch my keyboard on the fly when I am typing? or does removing the icon also remove the entire notification?

Thanks.

Att icons are unaffected. It will prevent you from changing input method on the fly. I am happy to make a version that doesn't (I.e., wont hide the ime notification), as that's the only useful one if thise I removed. Can lkely get it out tomorrow at some point.

I was running dagr8 rc3 ROM. No mods

I may be mistaken, but that does not appear to be a straight UCALJ2-based ROM...accordingly, this would not work properly.