[GUIDE] How to remove "data traffic" icon (notification)

Search This thread

abhaz

Apr 28, 2012
Works on Xperia S Stock ICS 4.0.4

Confirmed. Works smoothly on Xperia S Stock Rom ICS 4.0.4 --- Build 6.1.A.2.55

HOWEVER, does NOT work on Stock Rom 2.3.7. So, those who still use this version, do not try in vain.

Many thanks to the contributor.

Last edited:

irontech

Sep 8, 2007
Working fine on xperia Sola GB, thanks Karlson2k :good: to keep away the annoy/unnecessary data traffic notification :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    X10 with GB stock ROM got new feature: "Data Traffic" notification (icon).
    With some localizations this notification is appeared only when cell data is disabled and can be cleared, with some other localizations this notification is displayed whenever cell data is enabled or disabled and can't be cleared.

You need your phone to be rooted if you want to modify "Data Traffic" behaviour.
    You can activate/deactivate this notification for enabled and disabled data traffic and switch on/off ability to clear this notification.

All settings are in /system/etc/customization/settings/com/android/phone/custom_settings.xml file.
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <settings version="1">
       <setting key="data-connection-except-mms-can-clear-icon" runtime="false">true</setting>
       <setting key="data-connection-except-mms-show-icon-when-enabled" runtime="false">false</setting>
       <setting key="data-connection-except-mms-show-icon-when-disabled" runtime="false">true</setting>
    </settings>
    Settings are self-explanatory.

Some localized ROM don't have phone/ directory or custom_settings.xml file. If you don't have this file, then you Xperia will defaults to quoted settings. In that case you can just create /system/etc/customization/settings/com/android/phone/ directory and put attached xml in it.

You can use attached xRecovery patch to completely disable all "Data Traffic" icons with any stock 2.3.3 ROM. (thanks to audacious from 4pda.ru for assembling this patch)

Moreover this patch should works with any Xperia. (x10, x8, x10 mini/pro, Arc, Arc S, Neo, Ray...)
    Tested on X10 (stock, Wolf's ROMs), Neo (stock).
    ;) You could press | THANKS | if it works for you and you like it.:)
    thanks mate. working well with Thjap rom v11
    Actually this should work with any ROM based on stock. Or, to be exact, on any ROM that uses SemcPhone.apk.
    Important setting for power saving: "<setting key="prefer-2g-visibility" runtime="false">true</setting>".
    Allow you to switch on/off preference for 2G network.
    As I understood if you set in GUI "WCDMA (preferred)/GSM" and "Use only 2G networks" than in reality 2G network will be used if available and 3G network will be used only if 2G isn't available.
    It's better than "GSM only" because you'll not lose connection if only 3G network is available.

In a few words: you can use both 2G and 3G networks and save battery in the same time (but with lower data speeds).
    I am trying to disable a voicemail notification on my Xperia Neo. I have tried everything, I mean even decompiling SemcPhone.apk and messing with smali settings, without sucess.

Do you know a setting to completely disable voicemail notification?

This setting only works with the text on the notification and not the notification itself:
    <setting key="show-voicemail-notification-text" runtime="false">true</setting>