Thoughts on instagram?

Search This thread

xndabox

Nov 16, 2010
What is your thought on instagram? I have come away not impressed. I mean we have a great camera, and ALL of the filters make my pics look old. I think it is just a idea that got popular. But isn't that great of a true app. I actually prefer lightbox.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

hurrpancakes

Jul 23, 2010
Just seems like a filter. Don't know why some iPhone users are getting butthurt over its Android availability

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium

eliasadrian

Nov 8, 2010
SLC, UT
It's the social aspect that's appealing. I agree that the app isn't all that great, although the push notifications are handled nicely, but for whatever reason it's become the social picture app. Who knows why and how, but it has...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: dubt17

xndabox

Nov 16, 2010
Yeah I had never really wanted it. The social aspect is cool. But I'm still not impressed. Maybe they will add things to improve it. IPhone users seem to fall in love with the most basic of things.

Reactions: eliasadrian

F033x

Aug 5, 2009
Hell
i've been using vignette and pixlr-o-matic for awhile now, its not that hard to upload a photo after using either of those programs, instagram just lacks in filters and effects imho.
a ton of hype and no delivery.

Reactions: dubt17

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Wtf is Instagram?
Never heard of it till today. Sounds like it's an iPhone thing. So it's not my thing.

Chuck Norris can but Walker Texas Ranger can't. :D

xndabox

Nov 16, 2010
Wtf is Instagram?
Never heard of it till today. Sounds like it's an iPhone thing. So it's not my thing.

It was, and my friends were raving about it, and how "droid" didn't have it. So I downloaded and I'm trying to get into it but I'm not. I have people following me too, but I can't stand the filters

Turboboxer

Oct 7, 2011
ATLANTA
he he he

Just seems like a filter. Don't know why some iPhone users are getting butthurt over its Android availability

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda premium

Its slowly sinking in that their phones really, well... suck

tiny screen/crap bandwidth/no new phone to show you are better than everyone cause it looks just like the last two...

eggydrums

Dec 13, 2010
I hate it that people think they're photographers cuz they use it. I got like 15 friends on fb that all of their pics are with instagram

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

porkchopexpress

Oct 4, 2011
Fresno, CA
I enjoy the picture sharing part of it, I like firing it up and seeing the feed of photos from my friends and family. However I am not a fan of the way it has you actually take the pictures, it seems a tad counter-intuitive to me.

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
So Mark Suckerberg bought Instagram?

xndabox

Nov 16, 2010
Did he? Must be something special then. I know I definitely won't need it now.

Double0EK

May 13, 2010
Ya. He bought instagram and their development team for $1billion.

ed116

Oct 20, 2010
North York
honestly at first i thought instagram was really nice ... till i saw the editing effects amaze has much better cause we can keep the photos (not sure if u can save from instagram? always makes me upload!) I have the app but dont use it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's the social aspect that's appealing. I agree that the app isn't all that great, although the push notifications are handled nicely, but for whatever reason it's become the social picture app. Who knows why and how, but it has...

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    Yeah I had never really wanted it. The social aspect is cool. But I'm still not impressed. Maybe they will add things to improve it. IPhone users seem to fall in love with the most basic of things.

i've been using vignette and pixlr-o-matic for awhile now, its not that hard to upload a photo after using either of those programs, instagram just lacks in filters and effects imho.
    a ton of hype and no delivery.
    I can understand some things but it just doesn't stand out as the 1 billion dollar purchase it was just bought for, what do you like about it?

You have to understand that its not popular because of the filters that it has. It's popular because of the social environment that it gives. It's unique. It's nice :).