Last edited:
Reactions: rod_ol_fo

imnuts

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2007
West Chester
www.imnuts.org
@imnuts

The MJ9 firmware link has a corrupted version of the firmware causing it to not pass MD5 checks and if forced, will fail at the very end of the flash via ODIN. Here is a mirror for everyone to the MJ9 firmware which should not be corrupted. Feel free to add this to your OP under the MJ9 section...

Feel free to go advertise somewhere else too. The MD5 of what I uploaded matches what the upgrade assistant downloaded, and that was flashed to my old phone successfully.

Sent from my Moto X

jackwagon06

Jan 12, 2013
Feel free to go advertise somewhere else too. The MD5 of what I uploaded matches what the upgrade assistant downloaded, and that was flashed to my old phone successfully.

Sent from my Moto X

Here Here! I just downloaded it and it saved my ass too! Thanks to imnuts! Guess no twrp, oh well at least its rooted. Didnt even lose anything....awesome!

dorkfish2425

Apr 2, 2013
help?

Ok just some info about the phone. running twrp, have vramc3 update. Im trying to get back to stock, but I cant seam to get the right md5 file. got the file from the OP, and odin fails at the md5 check. then got the KIES_HOME_I605VRAMC3_I605VZWAMC3_1098177_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 file from another site, and it still fails at the same md5 check. keeps saying md5 hash is invalid. posting what it shows. any idea what im doing wrong??

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> MD5 hash value is invalid
<OSM> KIES_HOME_I605VRAMC3_I605VZWAMC3_1098177_REV04_user_low_ship.tar(1).md5 is invalid.
<OSM> End...

Update: found a workind link, but now its doing this,
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> KIES_HOME_I605VRAMC3_I605VZWAMC3_1098177_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..

what am i doing wrong?

Last edited:

dorkfish2425

Apr 2, 2013
fixed

Well thankfully I made it threw on my own just playing around with things. Odin 3.7 would not work at all, no matter how i did it, but finally jumped back to an old odin 1.8 and it restored just fine.

npainter7

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell
My Odin program does not have a pda spot. So where do I put the file at???

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388809793978.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388809793978.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 230

icedventimocha

Last edited:
Reactions: npainter7

npainter7

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell
Well the serial (com) port failed. No clue what that means

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388810698999.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388810698999.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 401

npainter7

Apr 21, 2012
Caldwell
I would try the version of odin I linked you to, one because it's been proven to work with this phone, and two it has the pda spot so less margin for errors.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Downloaded it. It says it's for the Samsung S3. Not sure of that is the wrong one. I tried it anyways and it says failed

Sky12

Mar 15, 2009
Honolulu
I'm one of the unfortunates who has the OTA locked bootloader. I was able to odin the 4.3 stock, and rooted with Kingo. Still can't apply any zip files. I just need to be able to use wifi. Is there anyway to enable this somehow w/o having to flash a zip or go back to a 4.1 rom. Any help would be appreciated.

highwaybandit

Jan 3, 2012
Ontario Ca.
I'm one of the unfortunates who has the OTA locked bootloader. I was able to odin the 4.3 stock, and rooted with Kingo. Still can't apply any zip files. I just need to be able to use wifi. Is there anyway to enable this somehow w/o having to flash a zip or go back to a 4.1 rom. Any help would be appreciated.

If u mean use the hotspot. I use this one when I was stock and locked it worked for me

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1388878466481.jpg
    1388878466481.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 346

Sky12

Mar 15, 2009
Honolulu
If u mean use the hotspot. I use this one when I was stock and locked it worked for me

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
These don't work on stock 4.3. I believe Verizon put some kind of lock on the tethering. I can't flash the fix in some of the other roms. Wondering if there's some other way to unlock it? Any other ideas? Or how did u make the tether work on the stock 4.3? Thanks.

I actually got it to work with FoxFi from the play store. They don't support all phones, but it worked on the Verizon Note 2.

Last edited:

xda-arcane

Feb 17, 2010
Ok hello all you wonderful members of XDA.
I have a gn2 from verizon tht I tries this on. I guess i should of read every page.
There should be a disclaimer on the original post about DON~T USE THIS IF YOU ARE ON 4.3.
After doing the heimdal driver install, the exploit failed and i cant connect to odin back.
I will be pressing the refresh button every 10 minutes.
Google is getting too scrambled with searches.
Adam can you help me?
I'm assuming perhaps all you have to do is reinstall some driver.
If anyone knows for sure and/or has a link, please help me.
I will hit the thanks meter till it quivers...lol
Thanks friends...

http://pastebin.com/XP85BdFW

what exactly is the problem ? If I understand what I think is the problem, your phone no longer shows as a device in you computer and you have no connectivity. if that is the case;
(1) uninstall the driver for the phone (plug it in, go to device manager ((right click on "my computer" click MANAGE, left nav bar option "device manager")) look for "samsung USB or "android phone" *it should be under usb stuffs*)) THEN right click and uninstall driver, click yes you are sure.)
(2) go to samsung.com and download the device drivers for YOUR device.
(3) install them
(4) connect phone, yes, it should show as a sch-i605 in the device manager ... but YOU ARE NOT DONE YET.
(5) go into computer control panel>programs and features and uninstall KIES, this also means KIES AIR if it installs.
(6) you 'should' have a working samsung driver at this point that will work with odin

This method has worked for me on every device that i have, weather it be windows 7 or 8, and yes, sometimes the drivers get fubar for no reason at all, hope that I helped.

If I misunderstood the problem, please reply and I'll do my best to help.

hkbladelawhk

Sep 20, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Okay, so I've used the modified version successfully once. I ran it, it worked. I got into the system, I tried using http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2043636 to unlock my bootloader, and it bricked. So I went back to reflash this that originally worked, anddddd it now sits at the Note 2 screen. If I flash the NON modified version, it fails completely or doesn't flash at all. Completely lost on this and tired of dealing with it. Any ideas?

Edit: I found out I can't get into recovery.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is an "official" Odin restore file to return your phone back to the shipping software. Why is this useful? Well, to restore your phone back to the stock software. This is an invaluable tool for anyone messing around with their phone. If/when an OTA update is released, I'll post any future stock Odin files here as well, but for now, there is only one. A nice way to say thanks is the donate button as well, and it will help keep my hosting alive for these huge Odin files.

[size=+1]Instructions[/size]
    1. Download the file below
    2. Put your phone into download mode and connect it to your computer
    3. Open Odin and make sure your phone is selected
    4. Put the downloaded file in the PDA box
    5. Press start
    6. Enjoy a stock phone

[size=+1]Downloads[/size]
    VRALJB
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Alternate Restore - Return to stock but keep an unlocked bootloader
    Alternate Restore Mirror

VRAMC3
    Mirror 1
    Mirror 2

Alternate Restore - Return to stock but keep an unlocked bootloader
    Alternate Restore Mirror

VRUEMJ9
    Download Me

NOTE: I am not responsible for any issues caused by flashing this. Do so at your own risk. If you don't know what you're doing, then you may want to take a few extra minutes to read up on flashing with Odin before you make a very expensive paperweight
    I will have a package posted soon that allows you to restore to stock VRALL4 and maintain an unlocked bootloader as well. I just need to test and verify that everything is working first, as I didn't have time to do so before I packaged it up earlier today. I can also create a restore package that will take you to fully stock VRALL4 (including bootloader) if people would like it.
    Updated OP with 4.3 file
    I just posted an alternate restore package in the OP. It will return you to stock but retain the unlocked bootloader. This would be if you FUBAR'd something and want to go back to stock, but not have to worry about unlocking again.
    I love seeing this name in the this forum.... Please tell me your working on the Note 2

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app

Kind of ;)

Time is sparse these days.