Completely wipe Note 3 N9005

Search This thread

sherbie

Sep 29, 2013
Melbourne
I'm looking to completely 100% wipe my Note 3. I mean everything, SD card, System, CSC, bootloader, everything.

I've been flashing ROM's, recoveries and other files like crazy these last few weeks in order to revive it from a soft brick and now I want a totally fresh phone without any risk of dodgy files hanging around in unseen areas.

I'm aware of the usual "Settings > Storage > Format USB Storage" and CWM format methods however I want to know how to wipe more than just my "system" partition.

I'm using an N9005 if that's useful to anyone.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
I'm looking to completely 100% wipe my Note 3. I mean everything, SD card, System, CSC, bootloader, everything.

I've been flashing ROM's, recoveries and other files like crazy these last few weeks in order to revive it from a soft brick and now I want a totally fresh phone without any risk of dodgy files hanging around in unseen areas.

I'm aware of the usual "Settings > Storage > Format USB Storage" and CWM format methods however I want to know how to wipe more than just my "system" partition.

IN CWM just delete all data /ext SD card /dalvik etc etc, then relash Stock and it should be like brand new out of the box.

Reactions: sherbie

sherbie

Sep 29, 2013
Melbourne
IN CWM just delete all data /ext SD card /dalvik etc etc, then relash Stock and it should be like brand new out of the box.

Thanks for your reply. It's my understanding that if I have downloaded a CSC/pit file containing carrier specific bloatware, it will still install that bloatware once I start the phone up again. Is that correct or will wiping everything and flashing a new (non-bloated) ROM as you said replace this pit/CSC bloatware too?

Last edited:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
If you flash a stock rom like XEO (Polish version) there's nothing on it at all.

It has multi csc for most of Europe. Not region specific so to speak.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: sherbie

sherbie

Sep 29, 2013
Melbourne
Sweet! So a ROM with a good CSC like the Polish Stock KitKat ROM will overwrite any issues or bloat that were caused by the old CSC.

Thanks for your help :)

svarognsa

Aug 12, 2008
Polish version changed my csc from carrier specific TEB into regional SEE, but installed one (and only) app from my service provider.

Only bloat installed was the one from Samsung, but in KitKat most of it can be turned off without root.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If you flash a stock rom like XEO (Polish version) there's nothing on it at all.

It has multi csc for most of Europe. Not region specific so to speak.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app