audio cutting out on headphones and bluetooth

Search This thread

DMC78

Jan 15, 2008
For a couple of months now I having been having an issue where I will be listening to a podcast and the audio will drop for a few seconds even though the podcast will progress. I thought it was a bluetooth issue but have had the same problem with just the headphones. Most of the time I use Pocketcasts but it happens with other apps. It is almost as if the system is working too hard and the cpu is bogged down. Sometimes while this is going on the S3 is slow to turn on a unlock. Any ideas? I am about to do a hard reset to see if that works. Thanks

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
Sounds like you have a ton of stuff going in the background or a "battery saver" app running thats killing or suspending data or the streaming app.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

DMC78

Jan 15, 2008
The only battery saver is the one built into the S3. When I do turn it off, it doesn't make a difference. I am not streaming my podcasts either, they are playing from local storage. One idea could be an issue with the SD card, but can't find any errors on it.

Sounds like you have a ton of stuff going in the background or a "battery saver" app running thats killing or suspending data or the streaming app.

tokenpoke

Apr 3, 2011
And youre sure its not caused by notifications?

Id check running programs and make sure there isnt an app you installed a few months ago to blame before doing a stock factory reset.

I dont remember if stock recovery has the option to not wipe the internal sd card. If it doesnt then you can use a custom recovery to avoid wiping the internal sd or just back it all up to a pc.

If you use a custom recovery just wipe data cache and dalvik. Do not format system.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Im leaning towards a cpu hungry app because of the lockscreen and lag issues. A corrupt or damaged sd wouldnt do that

Reactions: DMC78

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And youre sure its not caused by notifications?

Id check running programs and make sure there isnt an app you installed a few months ago to blame before doing a stock factory reset.

I dont remember if stock recovery has the option to not wipe the internal sd card. If it doesnt then you can use a custom recovery to avoid wiping the internal sd or just back it all up to a pc.

If you use a custom recovery just wipe data cache and dalvik. Do not format system.

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Im leaning towards a cpu hungry app because of the lockscreen and lag issues. A corrupt or damaged sd wouldnt do that