[KITCHEN] Chrome ROM Kitchen | Release and User-To-User Guide | Endless Possibilities

Search This thread

buzzmanfly

Jul 21, 2009
Mississippi
ROM is not good enough

This ROM is missing VERY important setting files. Can't set local time as it's locked in to somewhere in South America, and it locks up frequently.

sponge_worthy

May 11, 2007
I need help! I decided I would try to cook my own ROM using the Chrome kitchen since I became a fan.

I've downloaded the 3 files and unzippd everything in Chrom_ROM_Kitchen. I turned off my Virus protection while I work and excluded the directory from scanning just in case.

I loaded the the 23518 Sense 2.5 ROM with absolutely no changes and pressed the Create ROM button. Its not working. First I see this in the readout at the bottom of the kitchen: "ERROR!!! Found File duplicate on Module..." But I didn't think that was a problem. I get a Visual Basic debugging error on platformrebuilder.exe [5972]. When I look at the build log it says at the top:

XIP: xip.bin not found!
XIP not Inserted!
ImgfsFromNb 2.1rc2

That doesn't seem right to me. Although reading a little bit I thought the process would automatically create the file. Its possible whatever error I'm getting The RAPHIMG.nbh file ends up only 8 MB. I didn't see any other step that I missed. Anyone got anything?

EDIT: Never mind. I downloaded the packages from the mirror site and that seemed to clear things up. Now I just need to get the ROM cleaned up. When I flashed the Sense 2.5 was all screwed up.

Last edited:

madnish30

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2009
New Delhi-India.
guys if any of you are interested in beta testing for my my rom series beta starting around 20th march after my exams...
please pm me if interested they would be similarto chrome roms.
deeply like to thank JMC for the chrome series and all the lovely contributions to xda.
i dont know if this is the end of chrome but i would love to see it continue for forever...
best regards and wishes for you JMC you truly inspire me heaps !

menomenic

Sep 27, 2008
blackandroidtheme.com
where is the initflashfiles.dat in the oem_lang

Hello everyone

I am bussy to convert the chrome rom to another language.
I have downloaded da_g file.
Now the problem i have is that when i push the start button i have some maps in 2 languages.
So the question is how can i change the location of some maps or delete some?
Because i can't find the initflashfiles.dat file in the oem_lang file.

I have read the chrome_custom.xml file and found some links to some maps is this the file where i can change some maps?

Last edited: