1. Continue improve UI/UE details of the new GO 2.0 default theme
2. Add In App Purchase and download support for themes
3. GO Chat support personalized QRcode
4. GO Chat friends' searching support gender filter
5. Improve the Sync Facebook avatars feature
6. Improve the check update function
7. Optimize GO SMS settings’UI
8. Other UI/UE improvement and bugs fix

Note:location permission is needed by "Matching Nearby friends" feature, default is turned off, you control it

**Note**:We improve GO SMS continually according to users’ feedback, Release new features, bug fix WEEKLY, If you are already happy with GO SMS you are using, Need NOT update; just Rate high and spread GO SMS to support us, Thanks

Tip: If GO SMS confict with you security app or other app, try uncheck “Disable other message notification” in Receive Settings

===============================

GO SMS Pro Theme Maker released
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1154500

[App Reviews]

Angeschaut : GO SMS Pro
http://androidblogger.eu/2011/11/07/angeschaut-go-sms-pro/

We are always listening to the users ,working for the users!

If you have comments, please reply to this thread or send us email.

And if you like our work, please support us by giving your high rate in
Google Market, recommending to your friends and forums. Thanks!

Tips/Explanation:

1. To make GO SMS as default (avoid receiving two notifications), Open stock SMS, in Settings, disable the Notifications, and in GO SMS's Settings, verify that Notifications option is enabled

2. Warning about “keep getting duplicate messages”: If you installed latest Handcent. It may cause you to receive double messages in GO SMS, please disable “Self-check” under “Retrieve message settings” of Handcent settings

3. If trouble with receiving MMS, please go to the stock SMS's settings, and enable the MMS auto-retrieve

4. For time offset issue, please try: Settings->Receive Settings-> set time adjustment offset

5. To fix message out of order issue for some phones, please try: Settings–Appearance Settings–Sort type of conversation messages

6. To make automatically turn on the screen when receiving message, go to "Settings"-"Notification Settings"-"Default notification Settings", enable "Unlock screen"

7. For privacy, you can use security lock, and you can set "Notification bar privacy mode" in "Default notification Settings"; uncheck “Display message content” in Popup windows settings

8. For individual settings, you can set it through Settings - Individual Settings, or through menu in conversation UI (individual bubble settings are under dev, thanks)

9. You can set signature in "Send Settings", and set individual signature in “Individual settings”.

10. Vote function (Menu –Vote. Please vote for “3 features you would love most to get from GO SMS”)

11. For reminder for unread messages, enable option: Settings–Notification Settings – Default notification settings–Reminder

12. There are two MMS view mode: long pressing the MMS, you can select “View flat slideshow” or “View slideshow”.

13. Messages Group Mode means if two messages’ interval is within 3 minutes, they will be grouped; the second message will not display time.

14. GO SMS support sending message to group: you just need to select multiple contacts (or group) from contact list.

15. “Resend” option is available in context menu for failed messages

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:

happyllj

Dec 4, 2010
GO Sms can't disable the stock SMS client, it is up to you to disable/uninstall it. thanks.

nafnist

Nov 18, 2007
Works very well, but I'm missing more customization options.
It should be able to fit into the style of my current Android theme, and that's just not possible with this app.

But good start, none the less.

Reactions: Hand Solo

DannyDroid

Jan 23, 2010
If you disable notifications from within the stock SMS then GoSMS doesn't "sound" when you get a text.

Edit: It seems like no notifications are working.

Motorola Milestone using the leaked 2.2.1 update.

Last edited:

Coedy

May 29, 2010
Swansea
www.ignition-images.co.uk
Looks like a great starting block but just isn't for me.

I loathe the whole speech bubble thing on all the add on sms apps nowadays. Also this looks completely out of place on my black themed 2.2 system.
For me the stock system (all be it slow compared to this app) is nicer to use purely because it ties in with the rest of the android experience.

I will reinstall in a month or so though because this is definitely the fastest SMS app ive come across (Handled a 1000+ SMS Thread easily on my HTC Hero!) :D

If this had a theme that effectively cloned the 2.2 messaging app but had the sped boost this would be a winner for me.

Also it wouldn't load in pictures from my contacts.

Good luck with the development! :D

Reactions: gordec

happyllj

Dec 4, 2010
Thanks for your comments, we will add more customization options for future release; It will be soon ,I guest one or two weeks later.

happyllj

Dec 4, 2010
If you disable notifications from within the stock SMS then GoSMS doesn't "sound" when you get a text.

Edit: It seems like no notifications are working.

Motorola Milestone using the leaked 2.2.1 update.

Thanks, we do test notifications for Milestone, but the version is 2.1. we have got your concern, and will keep an eye on it. thanks again.

happyllj

Dec 4, 2010
Looks like a great starting block but just isn't for me.

I loathe the whole speech bubble thing on all the add on sms apps nowadays. Also this looks completely out of place on my black themed 2.2 system.
For me the stock system (all be it slow compared to this app) is nicer to use purely because it ties in with the rest of the android experience.

I will reinstall in a month or so though because this is definitely the fastest SMS app ive come across (Handled a 1000+ SMS Thread easily on my HTC Hero!) :D

If this had a theme that effectively cloned the 2.2 messaging app but had the sped boost this would be a winner for me.

Also it wouldn't load in pictures from my contacts.

Good luck with the development! :D

Thanks Coedy for your long, valuable comments, we are trying our best to satisfy you all users. remember to retry later :)

KoubaK

Aug 24, 2009
DMV
Hehe I like it so far... just gotta wait for my drunk friends to figure out how to reply back ...

archboy69

Jul 21, 2008
LOL. Thanks for the quote! I actually think it is great so far. I like the pop up and over lightness of the apps. No problems receiving/sending pics or mms. It also seems to sync with Facebook contact right? This is what I've been looking for over the other two major sms app. Nice work overall.

The FC was from the dam gameloft game that was buggy. That's why I don't like them. You get no support or updates on their crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

V4.62 Update (2012-8-31)
    1. Continue improve UI/UE details of the new GO 2.0 default theme
    2. Add In App Purchase and download support for themes
    3. GO Chat support personalized QRcode
    4. GO Chat friends' searching support gender filter
    5. Improve the Sync Facebook avatars feature
    6. Improve the check update function
    7. Optimize GO SMS settings’UI
    8. Other UI/UE improvement and bugs fix

Note:location permission is needed by "Matching Nearby friends" feature, default is turned off, you control it

**Note**:We improve GO SMS continually according to users’ feedback, Release new features, bug fix WEEKLY, If you are already happy with GO SMS you are using, Need NOT update; just Rate high and spread GO SMS to support us, Thanks

Tip: If GO SMS confict with you security app or other app, try uncheck “Disable other message notification” in Receive Settings

===============================

GO SMS Pro Theme Maker released
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1154500

[App Reviews]

Angeschaut : GO SMS Pro
    http://androidblogger.eu/2011/11/07/angeschaut-go-sms-pro/

We are always listening to the users ,working for the users!

If you have comments, please reply to this thread or send us email.

And if you like our work, please support us by giving your high rate in
    Google Market, recommending to your friends and forums. Thanks!

Tips/Explanation:

1. To make GO SMS as default (avoid receiving two notifications), Open stock SMS, in Settings, disable the Notifications, and in GO SMS's Settings, verify that Notifications option is enabled

2. Warning about “keep getting duplicate messages”: If you installed latest Handcent. It may cause you to receive double messages in GO SMS, please disable “Self-check” under “Retrieve message settings” of Handcent settings

3. If trouble with receiving MMS, please go to the stock SMS's settings, and enable the MMS auto-retrieve

4. For time offset issue, please try: Settings->Receive Settings-> set time adjustment offset

5. To fix message out of order issue for some phones, please try: Settings–Appearance Settings–Sort type of conversation messages

6. To make automatically turn on the screen when receiving message, go to "Settings"-"Notification Settings"-"Default notification Settings", enable "Unlock screen"

7. For privacy, you can use security lock, and you can set "Notification bar privacy mode" in "Default notification Settings"; uncheck “Display message content” in Popup windows settings

8. For individual settings, you can set it through Settings - Individual Settings, or through menu in conversation UI (individual bubble settings are under dev, thanks)

9. You can set signature in "Send Settings", and set individual signature in “Individual settings”.

10. Vote function (Menu –Vote. Please vote for “3 features you would love most to get from GO SMS”)

11. For reminder for unread messages, enable option: Settings–Notification Settings – Default notification settings–Reminder

12. There are two MMS view mode: long pressing the MMS, you can select “View flat slideshow” or “View slideshow”.

13. Messages Group Mode means if two messages’ interval is within 3 minutes, they will be grouped; the second message will not display time.

14. GO SMS support sending message to group: you just need to select multiple contacts (or group) from contact list.

15. “Resend” option is available in context menu for failed messages

attachment.php
    Well as the developer has not replied to this thread in months and no longer supports this thread on XDA and only uses it for advertising which is against XDA rules. I am closing it up.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    Happylij: You say you listen to users but you've royally SCREWED the backup feature.

First we got to backup whenever we want with the scheduler.

Then we got the scheduler removed so it was just once a day.

Now backup is cloud and we have to pay to have a reasonable backup.

Are you even listening to us? Why is this app so bloated?

It's funny because many of us flocked here when Handcent got too bloated. Now GoSMS is going down that same slippery slope.
    Please remove the "We are always listening to the users ,working for the users!" message in the first post. Its misleading...
    Just came here to say that I uninstalled GoSMS from my phone completely because of the stupid add-ons they throw in with every update. It used to be lightweight and unobtrusive, but now you have GoChat, GoStore, GoApps or whatever, etc. It's way too much crap. Not to mention that every time I'd open it, I'd get some kind of "update" from the Go Team telling me about new themes or new add-ons or something, which means my phone is always polling their servers, using battery, and potentially invading my privacy. So thanks but no thanks Go Team; you really ruined something good.