[Q] Will a stylus for resistive touch screen work for defy?

Search This thread

sixaxis94

Mar 30, 2012
I wanna get myself a stylus and the one that comes for the Nokia N97 looks sleek, and where I live, it comes at an equivalent $2 which is cheap

zoom.php

My question is, the touchscreen for the N97 is resistive, not capacitive (like in the Defy) so will this stylus work without problems on my phone?

yasir777

Nov 7, 2009
Well , You cant use that stylus for capacitive TCs ! But there are many styluses available which have some rubbery stuff at their end ! try Dinodirect.com , They have alot of those styluses !

cerber@

Sep 17, 2009
100% no! You need a capacitive stylus which is usually a metallic body and a rubbery tip. Resistive stylus could be anything which you can apply pressure with.

Reactions: sixaxis94

vrl13

Apr 29, 2012
Bucuresti
happy accident

Just by accident i unlocked my MB526 Defy+ with a can of Pepsi :))

Perfect proof that Metall (still) Rulz! :D

kherzad

May 25, 2012
barranquilla
Other than your finger or any other part of your body, nothing will work on capacitive screen.

as they have mentioned, yes you can use stylus.
But it MUST be a C class stylus. No other kind will work.
BTW as far as I know, the S-Pen (stylus from the Galaxy Note) is NOT a capacitive stylus so... i think it doesn´t works on any other smartphones, and neither it does on some tablets either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    best an cheap stylus!!
    a metal spoon!!! try it!!!

Sent from my MB526 using xda premium
    been using my car key, just need to touch the metal part.

no fear, gorilla glas's here.
    Car keys don't work for me!? why?

Sent from my MB525 using xda premium
    100% no! You need a capacitive stylus which is usually a metallic body and a rubbery tip. Resistive stylus could be anything which you can apply pressure with.