Battery life is suddenly garbage

Search This thread

berfles

Sep 4, 2011
I don't know what happened, but lately my battery has been about 20% less every day I come home from work. Right now it was down to 9% after only being on for 1d3h, I'm used to getting over 2 days easy on a single charge. I don't think I installed anything recently, and this is running CROMI 3.2.2 with I think the Clemsyn 1.3-1.8GHZ kernel. Any ideas to figure out what's causing the drain?

buhohitr

Nov 30, 2011
I don't know what happened, but lately my battery has been about 20% less every day I come home from work. Right now it was down to 9% after only being on for 1d3h, I'm used to getting over 2 days easy on a single charge. I don't think I installed anything recently, and this is running CROMI 3.2.2 with I think the Clemsyn 1.3-1.8GHZ kernel. Any ideas to figure out what's causing the drain?

You need to install "betterbatterystats" to find out what's the issue. Any changes in the way you sync email, messages? any app with location service turn on by default?? well, best bet is use the app and find out.

berfles

Sep 4, 2011
I'll check it out. I didn't change any syncing, the only change I've made is I started using GoogleNow a little more, but I don't think it would make this much of a drastic difference.

MartyHulskemper

Jun 5, 2008
Probably a rogue app, as buhohitr said. Reboot two times, install BBS, reboot again, and sniff it out. The reboot number doesn't matter that much, but I strongly advise to reboot in between to see if that solves the problem altogether. If not, BBS has your back. :)

Thats OK

Jul 29, 2012
Noticed last night that installing multiple launchers with 3.3 CROMi is eating more battery.
For instance GO is running while APEX is active.
Each on average are stealing about 3.3%

I do like the switchable launcher feature in 3.3 a lot however.

alexnoalex

Mar 18, 2006
Never mind. I just noticed that you run custom rom.

I had that problem before I upgraded to 10.4.4.25. The standby battery life was a total nonsense. It would drain in less than 2 days without me even touching the tablet.
Now with 10.4.4.25 I am on 8 and half days and still have 33%. Although they seem to screw up battery stats app in settings.

berfles

Sep 4, 2011
Well, I installed the battery app, and looks like it was draining at about 1% per hour today while it was sitting idle. Not sure if that's good or not, I had it sitting in balanced mode all day. I do know that I started reading on it when it was at 54%, after about 30 minutes I stopped reading and it was at 50%. I went to bed, went to work, and when I came home it was at about 35%. That just seems like a lot to me.

winslomb

Apr 9, 2012
Cincinnati
winslomb.com
Not sure if related since your on custom rom, but randomly my battery lasted up to about a day and a half with no use. Batterystatsplus said cell standby and maps was taking all of the power. Cell standby makes no sense and gps was turned off as well. I ended up resetting tab from the recovery menu because these rogue aps made zero sense. Back to 8 days of use.

Not sure if related since your on custom rom, but randomly my battery lasted up to about a day and a half with no use. Batterystatsplus said cell standby and maps was taking all of the power. Cell standby makes no sense and gps was turned off as well. I ended up resetting tab from the recovery menu because these rogue aps made zero sense. Back to 8 days of use.

Yep, Google Maps does that. To pretty much everyone.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

Gudders

Nov 19, 2010
Warrington
I had this problem but with stock 4.2. I narrowed it down to two widgets I had placed on my home screen. BBC news and Appy Geek. I don't know which was was the culprit. Removing them solved my issue completely.