[ROM-AOSPA] [JB 4.3] ParanoidAndroid 3.99-RC2 [Nexus 10] 21-SEP-2013

Search This thread

roool

Apr 14, 2008
Paris
Hello guys,

Nice to have PA based on Android 4.3 :)

So, i am suprise by PA 4.3 Antutu score... About 12000... I had about 16500 on 4.2.2 release ...
Any tips ?

And for the moment, i can't use miracast function... Dont work with my LCD LG TV....
Someone succed with it?

dakunesu

Aug 15, 2011
Hello guys,

Nice to have PA based on Android 4.3 :)

So, i am suprise by PA 4.3 Antutu score... About 12000... I had about 16500 on 4.2.2 release ...
Any tips ?

And for the moment, i can't use miracast function... Dont work with my LCD LG TV....
Someone succed with it?

last I checked, miracast doesn't work for n10
I've had nothing but positive results from the update, including very low ram usage(surface flinger fixed?)

oh, and storage tab is borked

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Thanks im downloading now can't wait to flash it. I was waiting for aokp to get to 4.3. but i cant wait anymore so im going to try this :D

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011
Hey guys. This is my first time running PA. I feel stupid asking, but where are the settings for Halo? I'm trying to understand it but I'm looking for actual settings to show which apps, notifications, etc...

Thanks. Rom looks good so far :thumbup:

necropuppy

Jan 7, 2013
Hey guys. This is my first time running PA. I feel stupid asking, but where are the settings for Halo? I'm trying to understand it but I'm looking for actual settings to show which apps, notifications, etc...

Thanks. Rom looks good so far :thumbup:

Well for the general halo settings it's under settings - > toolbars. For blacklisting an app from showing notifications. Open the app information from settings - >apps->your application and there is a box you can tick to blacklist from halo.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Thanks im downloading now can't wait to flash it. I was waiting for aokp to get to 4.3. but i cant wait anymore so im going to try this :D

Yeah I couldn't wait for aokp to drop either. But this PA is pretty awesome!!

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011
Well for the general halo settings it's under settings - > toolbars. For blacklisting an app from showing notifications. Open the app information from settings - >apps->your application and there is a box you can tick to blacklist from halo.

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 PM ----------

Yeah I couldn't wait for aokp to drop either. But this PA is pretty awesome!!

OK. I got it. I thought halo had is own app or something. :D is the default halo always have the weather on it? It seems like whenever I don't have a notification, it just displays the weather temperature.

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Ok i downloaded this yesterday and i want to flas it now. But just one thing will wiping data erase all sd card or just installed apps? because i dont want to ose all my pictures and downloaded data for games. I know i have to wipe cache, dalvik, and data before flashing but just want to make sure what 'data' is being erased. On my phone it never touched the sd card but since this sd card basically is the internal storage i just wanna make sure. Thanks. Please awnser as quick as possible so i can flash it :p

necropuppy

Jan 7, 2013
OK. I got it. I thought halo had is own app or something. :D is the default halo always have the weather on it? It seems like whenever I don't have a notification, it just displays the weather temperature.

The program I think you're referring for to is Halo))) search for it in play that'll let you pin apps in your halo.

If you have Google now enabled and you it has the temp it might hold the last event notification in halo. I know this was and issue and it was said I the forums somewhere that this was the intended action for halo, I can't say for certain if they changed it since then. I am out and about and not by my tablet.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

FormeriPhoney

Jan 19, 2011
The program I think you're referring for to is Halo))) search for it in play that'll let you pin apps in your halo.

If you have Google now enabled and you it has the temp it might hold the last event notification in halo. I know this was and issue and it was said I the forums somewhere that this was the intended action for halo, I can't say for certain if they changed it since then. I am out and about and not by my tablet.

That's possible. After watching the halo video, his notifications look different than mine. There is that half moon..) ) ) after the halo. I think that's what I'm referring to. Very new to all this, still getting the hang of it, but thank :thumbup:you

necropuppy

Jan 7, 2013
Ok i downloaded this yesterday and i want to flas it now. But just one thing will wiping data erase all sd card or just installed apps? because i dont want to ose all my pictures and downloaded data for games. I know i have to wipe cache, dalvik, and data before flashing but just want to make sure what 'data' is being erased. On my phone it never touched the sd card but since this sd card basically is the internal storage i just wanna make sure. Thanks. Please awnser as quick as possible so i can flash it :p

It won't wipe your saved stuff unless you tick "Internal storage" in the advanced wipe in twrp. You should be fine just using the default factory wipe which includes system, data, cache, and dalvik.... You're going to want to use titanium backup to save your app data from your games tho. I don't game so I don't know if it saves your saved data to some portion of the internal storage sd card that's not in /data

Last edited:
Reactions: abdel12345

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
Thanks @necropuppy now i can flash this. Ill just backup my titanium backups to my computer just in case or ill just use nexus toolkit to backup user apps. Either way now i will try flashing.

G0B1IN5486

Apr 17, 2012
Australia
After installing 3.94 I can't get sound to play though my headphones, it just continues to play through the internal speakers. Anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ParanoidAndroid for AOSP 4.3 (JLS36G)

Work in Progress
    • Please make sure you have backups for anything you don't want to lose.
    • Caution is advised. No promises this will not eat your device and take over your home.
    • Google apps are not official, these have PA Specific change, we have tested all apps but you could still encounter issues.
    • If you have an issue please make sure it is repeatable, capture logcat/dmesg, etc and post to pastebin or similar.

Installation
    • Update your recovery to the latest version. Pre 4.2 recoveries can mess up your sd card/storage. We recommend TWRP.
    • Download pa google apps: From GOO Updated 17-SEP-2013
    • Download rom: From GOO Updated 21-SEP-2013
    • Follow PA on Google+ for changes and other info
    • Perform a factory reset in recovery, unless you are already on PA 3.94+ (or if you run into problems)
    • Flash ROM first, then gapps
    • Wipe dalvik & cache
    • Reboot and wait, first bootup can take a little time
    • Enter your Google account info, press home when you encounter the black screen
    • Please do not restore system apps, system data and Google apps. This can cause bootloops and other problems due to mismatches coming from CM to AOSP and moving from Android version 4.1.2 to 4.2 to 4.3

Hints
    3.99-RC2 Update Posted 21-AUG

3.99-RC2 Update posted to Goo and linked in OP. New Gapps also linked.
    Update: PA-3.92 04-AUG-2013

Update links posted to OP.

Fixes usb storage mount and settings crash.
    3.99 Update Posted

Update 3.99 posted to Goo, linked in OP. Link to new gapps also available.
    For info on update, checkout PA google+
    Hybrid Settings FC - Missing PA Prefs

The issue with Hybrid Settings FC was due to missing the ParanoidPreferences.apk file. Updated build has just finished uploading, and a copy of the file has been uploaded to the manta directory on Goo.