[MOD][GUIDE] Changing the default android emojis [ROOT][UPDATED]

Search This thread

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
Hi XZ users and non XZ users:D
Today i was just playing with my XZ root:D and found how to change default android emojis:good:
So all you need is :
Root file manger (from play store)
AndroidEmoji.ttf (see down)

Lets get started:
Open your root file manger and copy androidEmoji.ttf to system/font and replace the old one
Set the permissions to rw-r-r anD then reboot:)

Go to xperia keyboard and press the emojis key and see the changes;)

Screenshots:

1FjH4H.jpg

ZfxmV7.jpg

ZPTgxA.jpg

xi2sfQ.jpg

FtknYv.jpg

Don't forget to hit Thanks iF i helped you:D

Note: the modded3 emojis are the most emojis supported on android.

Note2: the colored emojis for kitkat roms ONLY!

IMPORTANT!: the IOS emojis are for kitkat ROMS ONLY!

Attachments

• AndroidEmoji.zip
    1,005.4 KB · Views: 3,317
  • androidemojiMORE.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,217
  • Emoji_IOS.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 7,348
Last edited:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
No screenshots? People normally want to see what they're getting before replacing something. ?

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Reactions: androidfreak70

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
Thanks, but I already have emojis like the "after" screenshot and I haven't modified them. ?
Mel0Nio.jpg

Are the "before" screens from stock Android/AOSP?

Edit - I suppose not, as that's the Xperia keyboard in your screenshot. Here's a screenshot from my unmodified stock rom with the Xperia keyboard open.
uQk6oKx.jpg

Strange that you have those other emojis.

Last edited:
Reactions: androidfreak70

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
Thanks, but I already have emojis like the "after" screenshot and I haven't modified them. ?
Mel0Nio.jpg

I think they are sony stock
DiD you tried the both ttf files in the zip? The small size one ( 3kb ) is the yellow emojis and the ( 2mb ) one is thE black emojis.
DiD you got the "file with the samE name" massage in your file manger?
Did you set the right permissions??:confused:

Edit: now i understood what yOu meant sorry

Op will updated soon with another emojis pack :D

Last edited:

kingvortex

Mar 25, 2010
I think they are sony stock
DiD you tried the both ttf files in the zip? The small size one ( 3kb ) is the yellow emojis and the ( 2mb ) one is thE black emojis.
DiD you got the "file with the samE name" massage in your file manger?
Did you set the right permissions??:confused:

No. I'm saying that I already have the emojis from the "after" screenshot, without having to use your files. ?

Did you get "before" and "after" the wrong way around?

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
No. I'm saying that I already have the emojis from the "after" screenshot, without having to use your files. ?

Did you get "before" and "after" the wrong way around?

Yeah i was have the yellow eMojis and i replaced them with the blacK ones:D

PS. Op updated with moRe emojis and another zip
Ps2. YOU can get androidemoji.ttf from any device or rom and they will work:D

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
@androidfreak70

Good One.. But..

All Sony 4.4.2 Devices Have Yellow Emojis Keyboard. The Black Emojis is only for Android 4.3 Devices ( Ported Keyboard).

So here u r trying to change the Yellow Emojis to Black Emojis. Right? If yes means ur tutorial is only for Android 4.4.2 Sony Devices. Other 4.3 users will confuse here. So edit OP and Mention about the 4.4.2 Matter...

androidfreak70

Feb 12, 2014
here!
@androidfreak70

Good One.. But..

All Sony 4.4.2 Devices Have Yellow Emojis Keyboard. The Black Emojis is only for Android 4.3 Devices ( Ported Keyboard).

So here u r trying to change the Yellow Emojis to Black Emojis. Right? If yes means ur tutorial is only for Android 4.4.2 Sony Devices. Other 4.3 users will confuse here. So edit OP and Mention about the 4.4.2 Matter...
The 4.3 user can use the same method to change the black emojis to the yellow ones :p
I already have coloured emojis that the same as apple ones and samsung ones but maybe i cant put them here because i found them in @niaboc79's eXistenZ ultimate rom so i cant do that without he's permisson:rolleyes:
But they are really nice

Rajeev

Recognized Contributor
Nov 24, 2012
Chennai , I N D I A
Xiaomi 13 Pro
The 4.3 user can use the same method to change the black emojis to the yellow ones :p
I already have coloured emojis that the same as apple ones and samsung ones but maybe i cant put them here because i found them in @niaboc79's eXistenZ ultimate rom so i cant do that without he's permisson:rolleyes:
But they are really nice

Ur OP is little confusing.. Ok leave it. Ask to moderators to move this to Cross Development Section. So lot of users will get benefits of it.

Reactions: StrongholdIII

demonicangell™

Aug 5, 2011
Bombay
But they are really nice

colour emojis are not supported on anything under 4.4 .. so they cannot change it to yellow .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi XZ users and non XZ users:D
    Today i was just playing with my XZ root:D and found how to change default android emojis:good:
    So all you need is :
    Root file manger (from play store)
    AndroidEmoji.ttf (see down)

Lets get started:
    Open your root file manger and copy androidEmoji.ttf to system/font and replace the old one
    Set the permissions to rw-r-r anD then reboot:)

Go to xperia keyboard and press the emojis key and see the changes;)

Screenshots:

1FjH4H.jpg

ZfxmV7.jpg

ZPTgxA.jpg

xi2sfQ.jpg

FtknYv.jpg

Don't forget to hit Thanks iF i helped you:D

Note: the modded3 emojis are the most emojis supported on android.

Note2: the colored emojis for kitkat roms ONLY!

IMPORTANT!: the IOS emojis are for kitkat ROMS ONLY!
    No screenshots? People normally want to see what they're getting before replacing something. ?

Sorry i forgot to put them:silly:

OP updated

Mel0Nio.jpg

Edit - I suppose not, as that's the Xperia keyboard in your screenshot. Here's a screenshot from my unmodified stock rom with the Xperia keyboard open.
    uQk6oKx.jpg

Strange that you have those other emojis.

But they are really nice

Ur OP is little confusing.. Ok leave it. Ask to moderators to move this to Cross Development Section. So lot of users will get benefits of it.