[APP] GalaxSim Unlock 1.02, JB compatible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

spocky12

Recognized Developer
Back in business ! With an app to sim unlock your Galaxy S / S2 / S3 (and variants) (to use any other network operator).

A little background first. I bought my GS3 2 monthes ago. It was sim locked, but I didn't care as I read there was an app to unlock it. Unfortunately, what I didn't know at that time is that this method was not behaving the same way as official sim unlock method. And as you might know, sometime in July, starting from LG6 rom, Samsung added checks to prevent unofficial lock methods, that would relock your device upon each reboot. It looks like they recently did the same on GS2. So I took my favorite decompiler and started looking for a workaround. And here it is : "GalaxSim Unlock".

Now I won't lie to you. I won't tell you it will unlock your phone forever, as I can't say for sure. I won't enter into technical details, but I can't affirm that this app makes all the changes made with buying an official unlock code (at least, not yet). Why ? Because I honestly don't know what those changes are. So Samsung might add some checks in future roms that could probably relock the phone. Or they won't.
With my growing experience of Samsung's EFS, it seems however that they might not do more than my app, in other words, I'm starting to believe that this patch will still work in the future.
One thing for sure : as of now, this app does more than any other manual or automatic methods available, so your device won't relock with any currently available roms (post lg6, Jb leaks...).
So apart from buying an official code, that's probably your best chance to unlock your device for now.

*** FAQ ***
This app will :
  • unlock/unbrand your phone the best as my current knowledge permits to. Which is sufficient to run any currently available roms (including JB).
  • work on any existing rooted rom
  • support international Galaxy S3 i9300 (Us qualcomm based GS3 are not supported at this time)
  • support other Galaxy family devices (S, S2 and their variant) (not extensively tested as of now, drop me a pm if yours is unsupported or supported but not written so)
  • work if you previously unlocked your device with "voodoo unlock" or "galaxy s unlock"
  • work if you installed a previous ril (aka mike's patch).
  • warn you if you're using other dangerous methods
  • warn you if your imei has been lost due to any error in nv_data caused by a third party app.
  • give you detailed information about current locks status (be it locked, unlocked or "partially locked", ie unlocked with methods not compatible with newer roms)
  • backup efs before modifying anything (that should guarantee you a safe use)
  • enable you to restore your efs backup if you want to.
  • be updated when needed (I need it as much as you ;))
  • compute md5 files properly (no log hack)
  • support more galaxy devices soon

This app won't :
  • Restore your previously lost efs/nv_data/imei or any other magical stuff.
  • Support non samsung phones

*** Download ***
GalaxSim Unlock is now available in the Google Play Store here. It's free to download, with in-app billing to unlock, for what I believe is a fair price (I've made it that way so that people can see if GalaxSim Unlock is able to sim unlock their phone before buying).
Other features (device/lock information, nv error detection, efs backup/restore, efs export to a safe place like gmail or google drive) are free to use.
* Temporalily removed the xda version until more tests have been made and a new beta is released. *

In any case, I'd appreciate if you could rate the app on the Play Store.

*** How to use ***
Prerequisites :
  • Rooted rom
  • Busybox (found on the market and already present in many custom roms)

Install the app, click on "unlock" and reboot.
If it worked successfully and you want to encourage my work (either by supporting more devices or by improving the unlock in case of samsung new ril update) a small donation is appreciated.

Recommendations :
  • Even if this app makes a backup of your efs folder, you might want to make one yourself before using it (better safe that sorry)
  • Don't delete /sdcard/GalaxSimUnlock/ folder, it contains the efs backup made by the app.
  • You can use it with mike's fix libsec-ril.so, no need to restore another ril before unlocking. However, after your phone has been unlocked with this app, I recommend reverting to the ril provided with your rom / adapted to your radio so that the device's functions as expected.
  • You can use it on a device previously unlocked with "voodoo unlock" or "galaxy s unlock". However, if possible, restore a stock efs (or uninstall any other previous patches). It's not necessary, but this way, the efs backup made by the app will be clean. And restoring this backup will revert to what your phone was in its initial state, not an intermediate state.
  • However you need your .nv_core.bak/md5 (not one from another device found on the web). This is required because using nv_core (or nv_data.bak for the record) coming from another device is dangerous as you might lose your imei anytime in the future if your original nv_data.bin file gets corrupted.

What I would do coming from a previous unlock patch : restore efs, reboot (optionnal but recommended to verify efs has been correctly restored), unlock with the app, restore libsec-ril if needed (manually or by reflashing the rom)

*** Changelog ***
v1.02 (2012-08-24) :
  • improved error messages
  • added a check for busybox
  • modified some checks for more safety
  • added full product code string
  • updated supported models (and the warning on untested models is not blocking anymore. Although you should be safe thanks to efs backup, USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISKS)
  • added a "efs backup" button even if there was an error during prerequisite checks so that you can send me your efs if you want me to have a look at it.
  • cosmetic changes

*** Contact ***
Dont hesitate to contact me if you :
  • want to buy me a beer :)
  • encounter a bug
  • have any suggestion concerning GalaxSim Unlock
  • have unlocked your device with an official unlock code and want to send me your efs folder so that I can improve this app.
  • have any kind of information concerning nv_data that I should be aware of (Odia, if you read me... ;))

*** Credits ***
This app couldn't have been made without the work of a lot of people before me, starting on galaxy s up to latest samsung devices : dawen, Helroz, and NWolf, txlibre, dagentooboy, Odia... (if you feel somebody should be added here, drop me a pm).
Also a big thanks to beta testers : Mopral, Pyr0x64, tisazalay, balviforever, mabmed, OXINARF, xdafann, asphaeris, SweetthD3ViL
Last but not least, donators : Pyr0x64, superfloup, Adrian l., Pacoraban, Rudigus (5 donators for more than 5k downloads... Positive point : I guess my conversion rate could hardly decrease :D. Edit : well, seems that it did nonetheless :p)

*** Disclaimer ***
As always, use with caution, I made my best to build something safe to use, but if anything goes wrong please don't burn my house :)

*** Legal notes ***
YOU MAY NOT USE THIS APPLICATION FOR COMMERCIAL PURPOSES.
Wow, you read it till the end ! Congrats, now go unlocking your device :)

Last edited:

0hm05

Jul 25, 2012
AUT
Is this a permanent unlock for sgs3.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA Premium HD app

do you read the first post?

Now I won't lie to you. I won't tell you it will unlock your phone forever. I won't enter into technical details, but this app doesn't make all the changes made with buying an official unlock code (at least, not yet). Why ? Because I honestly don't know what those changes are. So Samsung might add some checks in the future that could probably relock the phone. Or they won't.
One thing for sure : as of now, this app does a bit more than other manual or automatic methods available.
So apart from buying an official code, that's probably your best chance to unlock your gs3 for now.

Last edited:

sergiuhusca

Apr 15, 2012
Ok...
First of all thx...
The app tell you if the phone is locked or not,after press unlock button or behind press the buton!I don't now what at the service do at my phone but now is unlocked and i have Cwm and Superuser.I'm afraid that i will lock sim again...I don't if i will can update the phone with jellybean...cause im scared i will can not use the phone anymore!What shoul i send you to find what method they applied to reunlock the phone?
I HAVE BUBLG 2 VERSION...:mad:

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

kenmasters321

Oct 8, 2010
leeds
thank you spoky12, I recently bought a sg3 and was locked on t-mobile uk... not any more ;)

nice work with the unlocking app.

skivnit

May 21, 2012
thanks for your work i'm using mikes fix and i read on OP that it will work however should i back up the efs now or will the app do it before patching?

spocky12

Recognized Developer
Ok...
First of all thx...
The app tell you if the phone is locked or not,after press unlock button or behind press the buton!I don't now what at the service do at my phone but now is unlocked and i have Cwm and Superuser.I'm afraid that i will lock sim again...I don't if i will can update the phone with jellybean...cause im scared i will can not use the phone anymore!What shoul i send you to find what method they applied to reunlock the phone?
I HAVE BUBLG 2 VERSION...:mad:

I believe you can use the app with no problem, it will warn you if anything is not safe. If you have any doubt and want me to check, just send me your efs folder.

@farahbolsey
Hey farah, long time no see ! :cool:

@skivnit
The app will do it automatically before modifying any file. A manual backup is recommended just in case something goes wrong. Anyway, if the automatic efs backup in my app fails, it won't modify any file in efs, so that should be a problem, but well, you never know what could happen.

@zohawkish
lol I would not have warned people against the mod you posted, just to use it for myself ;) My app modifies users files, so imei should be safe (at least the same than with other unlock app : obviously, if the battery fails during nv_data file write, it might be problematic, but here again, there's the backup).

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2011
After Voodoo and the Voodoo patch stopped working I unlocked with the efs hack posted by another member. Am I better off restoring my efs folder and using this method?

tisazalay

Mar 17, 2012
Panama
As far as I know mike1986 fix is a patch to libsec-ril.so found under system/lib and you can deinstall by reapplying your Rom (assuming it doesn't have the patched version) so I would suggest restore efs reboot reapply the Rom you use without wipe and then apply this app. During the process you may get locked but at the end works.

Reactions: Captain Morgan

spocky12

Recognized Developer
After Voodoo and the Voodoo patch stopped working I unlocked with the efs hack posted by another member. Am I better off restoring my efs folder and using this method?

Yes, the best way would be to restore your efs before unlocking with the app. Anyway, my app won't unlock anything if the nv_core patch is installed (as the device would be already "unlocked")

No he used my files the big stealer...:D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

I answered you 2 posts above.

As far as I know mike1986 fix is a patch to libsec-ril.so found under system/lib and you can deinstall by reapplying your Rom (assuming it doesn't have the patched version) so I would suggest restore efs reboot reapply the Rom you use without wipe and then apply this app. During the process you may get locked but at the end works.

I should clear that up in the faq. There is absolutely no problem using libsec-ril.so. You can perfectly unlock with it, if you feel safe as you won't have a "crack detection" and phone relock on recent roms upon reboot. It's just recommended to keep the ril adapted to your rom / radio afterwards so that the device's functionnality is good.
So the order would be : restore efs, [optionnal but recommended to verify efs has been correctly restored] reboot, unlock with the app, [optionnal but recommended] restore libsec-ril (manually or by reflashing your rom)

GIO44

Aug 21, 2007
Palaiseau
Back in business ! With an app to sim unlock your GS3 (to use any other network operator).

A little background first. I bought my gs3 2 monthes ago. It was sim locked, but I didn't care as I read there was an app to unlock it. Unfortunately, what I didn't know at that time is that this method was not behaving the same way as official sim unlock method. And as you might know, a few weeks ago, starting from LG6 rom, Samsung added checks to prevent unofficial lock methods, that would relock your device upon each reboot. So I took my favorite decompiler and started looking for a workaround. And here it is : "GalaxSim Unlock".

Now I won't lie to you. I won't tell you it will unlock your phone forever, as I can't say for sure. I won't enter into technical details, but this app doesn't make all the changes made with buying an official unlock code (at least, not yet). Why ? Because I honestly don't know what those changes are. So Samsung might add some checks in future roms that could probably relock the phone. Or they won't.
One thing for sure : as of now, this app does more than any other manual or automatic methods available, so your device won't relock with any currently available roms (post lg6, Jb leaks...).
So apart from buying an official code, that's probably your best chance to unlock your gs3 for now.

*** FAQ ***

This app will :
  • unlock/unbrand your phone the best as my current knowledge permits to. Which is sufficient to run any currently available roms (including JB).
  • work if you previously unlocked your device with "voodoo unlock" or "galaxy s unlock" (however a stock efs is preferred)
  • work if you installed a previous ril (aka mike's patch). But I don't recommend it.
  • warn you if your imei has been lost due to any error in nv_data caused by a third party app.
  • give you detailed information about current locks status (be it locked, unlocked or "partially locked", ie unlocked with methods not compatible with newer roms)
  • support all galaxy s3 variants (will extend to more galaxy devices later)

This app won't :

*** How to use ***
Prerequisites :
  • Rooted rom

Please do not redistribute this file, link here instead (if an issue is discovered, it will be better for everybody to have only one source).

Recommendations :
  • Even if this app makes a backup of your efs folder, you might want to make one yourself before using it (better safe that sorry)
  • If possible restore a stock efs (or uninstall other previous patches). It's not necessary, but this way, the efs backup made by the app will be clean. And some mods are dangerous to use :)
  • Don't delete /sdcard/GalaxSimUnlock/ folder, it contains the efs backup made by the app.

*** Contact ***
  • encounter a bug
  • have unlocked your device with an official unlock code and want to send me your efs folder so that I can improve this app.
  • have any kind of information concerning nv_data that I should be aware of (Odia, if you read me... ;))

The app done here is made thanks to the work of a lot of people before me, starting on GS1 (unfortunately, I can't seem to find who was the first to work on this. Odia and txlibre obviously are among them. If you feel you should be noted here, drop me a pm).
As always, use with caution, I made my best to have something safe to use, but if anything goes wrong please don't burn my house :)

LEGAL NOTES:

hi mate it s a zip file not apk how can i install it ?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Back in business ! With an app to sim unlock your Galaxy S / S2 / S3 (and variants) (to use any other network operator).

A little background first. I bought my GS3 2 monthes ago. It was sim locked, but I didn't care as I read there was an app to unlock it. Unfortunately, what I didn't know at that time is that this method was not behaving the same way as official sim unlock method. And as you might know, sometime in July, starting from LG6 rom, Samsung added checks to prevent unofficial lock methods, that would relock your device upon each reboot. It looks like they recently did the same on GS2. So I took my favorite decompiler and started looking for a workaround. And here it is : "GalaxSim Unlock".

Now I won't lie to you. I won't tell you it will unlock your phone forever, as I can't say for sure. I won't enter into technical details, but I can't affirm that this app makes all the changes made with buying an official unlock code (at least, not yet). Why ? Because I honestly don't know what those changes are. So Samsung might add some checks in future roms that could probably relock the phone. Or they won't.
    With my growing experience of Samsung's EFS, it seems however that they might not do more than my app, in other words, I'm starting to believe that this patch will still work in the future.
    So apart from buying an official code, that's probably your best chance to unlock your device for now.

*** FAQ ***
    This app will :
    • support international Galaxy S3 i9300 (Us qualcomm based GS3 are not supported at this time)
    • support other Galaxy family devices (S, S2 and their variant) (not extensively tested as of now, drop me a pm if yours is unsupported or supported but not written so)
    • work if you previously unlocked your device with "voodoo unlock" or "galaxy s unlock"
    • work if you installed a previous ril (aka mike's patch).
    • support more galaxy devices soon

This app won't :

*** Download ***
    GalaxSim Unlock is now available in the Google Play Store here. It's free to download, with in-app billing to unlock, for what I believe is a fair price (I've made it that way so that people can see if GalaxSim Unlock is able to sim unlock their phone before buying).
    Other features (device/lock information, nv error detection, efs backup/restore, efs export to a safe place like gmail or google drive) are free to use.
    * Temporalily removed the xda version until more tests have been made and a new beta is released. *

In any case, I'd appreciate if you could rate the app on the Play Store.

*** How to use ***
    Prerequisites :
    • Rooted rom

If it worked successfully and you want to encourage my work (either by supporting more devices or by improving the unlock in case of samsung new ril update) a small donation is appreciated.

Recommendations :
    • You can use it with mike's fix libsec-ril.so, no need to restore another ril before unlocking. However, after your phone has been unlocked with this app, I recommend reverting to the ril provided with your rom / adapted to your radio so that the device's functions as expected.
    • You can use it on a device previously unlocked with "voodoo unlock" or "galaxy s unlock". However, if possible, restore a stock efs (or uninstall any other previous patches). It's not necessary, but this way, the efs backup made by the app will be clean. And restoring this backup will revert to what your phone was in its initial state, not an intermediate state.
    • However you need your .nv_core.bak/md5 (not one from another device found on the web). This is required because using nv_core (or nv_data.bak for the record) coming from another device is dangerous as you might lose your imei anytime in the future if your original nv_data.bin file gets corrupted.

What I would do coming from a previous unlock patch : restore efs, reboot (optionnal but recommended to verify efs has been correctly restored), unlock with the app, restore libsec-ril if needed (manually or by reflashing the rom)

*** Changelog ***
    v1.02 (2012-08-24) :
    • improved error messages
    • added a check for busybox
    • modified some checks for more safety
    • added full product code string
    • updated supported models (and the warning on untested models is not blocking anymore. Although you should be safe thanks to efs backup, USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISKS)
    • added a "efs backup" button even if there was an error during prerequisite checks so that you can send me your efs if you want me to have a look at it.
    • cosmetic changes

*** Contact ***
    • encounter a bug

*** Credits ***
    This app couldn't have been made without the work of a lot of people before me, starting on galaxy s up to latest samsung devices : dawen, Helroz, and NWolf, txlibre, dagentooboy, Odia... (if you feel somebody should be added here, drop me a pm).
    Also a big thanks to beta testers : Mopral, Pyr0x64, tisazalay, balviforever, mabmed, OXINARF, xdafann, asphaeris, SweetthD3ViL
    Last but not least, donators : Pyr0x64, superfloup, Adrian l., Pacoraban, Rudigus (5 donators for more than 5k downloads... Positive point : I guess my conversion rate could hardly decrease :D. Edit : well, seems that it did nonetheless :p)

*** Disclaimer ***
    As always, use with caution, I made my best to build something safe to use, but if anything goes wrong please don't burn my house :)

*** Legal notes ***
    Wow, you read it till the end ! Congrats, now go unlocking your device :)
    Is it the same one than your beta or do I need to update?

I added a few checks and cosmetic changes but the functionnalities are exactly the same. So you don't need to update.
    My IMEI matches the one on my phone, so I guess that is good. Frustratingly I didn't have a backup, as I flashed another ROM, thinking that would simply fix the issue. Should I be worried?

EDIT:

My phone is showing full signal bars
    My IMEI is correct
    I don't have a backed up EFS folder (stupid mistake)
    I cannot manually or automatically connect to any network

Do you think I may have a brick on my hands?

Could you also check your serial number ? If it has been reset, your device won't connect to network. I can fix it though.
    Anyway I4m not sure you read the right section of the faq : a hardlocked device will still request a sim unlock code. If yours doesn't, please have a look at the "no network connection" section in the faq.

Last night a GalaxSim Unlock update was received from the Play Store. The phone was reported as "locked". I ran unlock again and apparently it has worked fine. It also survived a cold reboot.

Thanks for a great app!

Hi, thanks for the feedback !

Tried to unlock my S3, and got this message:
    Privileged area
    This feature is only available in pro version, however we're sorry to inform you that it's not available at this time. Please try again later.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Due to law changes in the US, I had to temporarily remove GSU from the play store. Hopefully the expected revert of the law will be made soon.
    Tanks for your hard work !

Donation made : 7KB06913V21138831
    Santé !

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9300 avec Tapatalk

Thanks !
    I updated the app. Changelog :
    - cosmetic changes
    - better error messages.
    - added a check for busybox
    - modified some checks for more safety
    - added full model string
    - updated supported models (and the warning on unsupported models is not blocking anymore)
    - added a "efs backup" button even if there was an error during prerequisite checks so that you can send me your efs if you wnat me to have a look at it.

@yoshi57
    thanks for your efs folder, I'll have a look at it when I get some time.

@sergiuhusca
    your gs3 has also been unlocked with SRS Samung Remote Unlock Client. I'll tell you more when I have done some research.

@Zlatko1983
    If it doesn't work with the latest release, please send my your efs folder.

@slaman
    Could you tell me if the latest release works for you ?

@uoY_redruM
    I have never tested, tell me if it works for you (or just send me your efs folder so that I can confirm it should work).