[PRJ] GVV 0.7.5 - Google Visual Voicemail - Now with more Login options [1/02]

Search This thread

tferrill

Feb 1, 2008
I'm getting the "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values." error as well. Tried both of the "Clear cache" buttons in settings and I get DirectoryNotFoundException.

ckong1

Jan 16, 2008
New York
awesome project, thanks for your time. I would love to use this but under settings it won't allow me to enter anything in the password field.

edit - once i switched to swype input it allows me to add text, strange that touch input wouldn't work for me. so far so good, this app was really needed.

Last edited:

perasite

Sep 28, 2007
Yuma, AZ
www.perasite.com
Sounds like it's having trouble reading your cache.

Try to clear the cache from the settings menu and make sure you're using username@gmail.com.

If you want, make a backup of your messages.xml and if clearing the cache fixes the problem send me a copy of the xml file so I can see what went wrong. (Keep in mind that that file would contain your message details.)

Let me know if clearing the cache doesn't fix it, that would be weird.

I get the same error. I am unable to use the program. My Google Voice name is not @gmail.com, it is a different email account. Could that be related? Also, entering passwords is a bit "wonky." I cannot use uppercase characters when using the hard keyboard on my CDMA Touch Pro 2, when I use the on-screen keyboard, I can type out the password unless I switch to symbols... then it stops accepting input.

valinhorn

Sep 27, 2007
Portland
I'm getting the "Specified argument was out of the range of valid values." error as well. Tried both of the "Clear cache" buttons in settings and I get DirectoryNotFoundException.

I am getting this same error on my CDMA Touch Pro 2. I also had a problem with the capitals not working on the hardware keyboard for password input but didn't have a problem with the software one.

wmserver

Nov 27, 2007
Thanks for the good work Sl4sher!
I've encountered the attached error during launch and update on my Pure with custom ROM.

Attachments

• Gvv1.jpg
    Gvv1.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

gowell

Mar 23, 2010
I got a NullReference Exception error msg upon running the app. I'm on Sprint 6.5 stock ROM.

s'pht

Jun 21, 2006
Salt Lake City
getting the value out of range error, tried to clear the cache and got:

An unexpected error has occurred in GVV.exe.
Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

GVV.exe
DirectoryNotFoundException

at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String fullPath, Boolean file)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
at GVV.Settings.clearCache(Object sender)
at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SensePanelItem._notifyClick()
at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SensePanelItem.OnMouseUp(Int32 x, Int32 y)
at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SenseListControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
at GVV.Form1.Main()

Sl4sher

Dec 13, 2006
getting the value out of range error, tried to clear the cache and got:

An unexpected error has occurred in GVV.exe.
Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

GVV.exe
DirectoryNotFoundException

at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String fullPath, Boolean file)
at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern)
at GVV.Settings.clearCache(Object sender)
at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SensePanelItem._notifyClick()
at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SensePanelItem.OnMouseUp(Int32 x, Int32 y)
at StedySoft.SenseSDK.SenseListControl.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control._InternalWnProc(WM wm, Int32 wParam, Int32 lParam)
at Microsoft.AGL.Forms.EVL.EnterMainLoop(IntPtr hwnMain)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form fm)
at GVV.Form1.Main()

I'll look into the current set of issues when I get home tonight. Looks like you don't actually have a cache to clear :p.

gowell: Is your inbox empty?

Aug 25, 2008
Further Development

This is a great piece of software! Kudos to you. I was mapping out a similar concept but unable to get anywhere due to lack of programing knowledge. I am amazed at what you have been able to accomplish thus far. I am more than willing to help out wherever I can to see this project through to completion.
I have been getting an error for the last week both on Version .1 and .2 saying I need to install the .net Messages cab to get more info. I installed the cab and it still says the same thing. it is the same error as wmserver in post #25. I am running a custom 6.5.x rom sys build 23563.

Sl4sher

Dec 13, 2006
This is a great piece of software! Kudos to you. I was mapping out a similar concept but unable to get anywhere due to lack of programing knowledge. I am amazed at what you have been able to accomplish thus far. I am more than willing to help out wherever I can to see this project through to completion.
I have been getting an error for the last week both on Version .1 and .2 saying I need to install the .net Messages cab to get more info. I installed the cab and it still says the same thing. it is the same error as wmserver in post #25. I am running a custom 6.5.x rom sys build 23563.

Any chance you're missing .netcf 3.5 altogether?

Aug 25, 2008
.net 3.5 installed?

Tried to install .net 3.5 cab that I have just in case. It said I already have a newer version of .net installed. That makes sense that I would have it installed because when I first installed ver .1 it worked?
edit: after further research I can confirm that I do have .net 3.5 installed.

Last edited:

chrisw05

Dec 30, 2007
what are the directorys and/or files the cache is stored i can see what happens if i manualy create them see if that does any good.

DeMiNe0

Dec 13, 2007
I got a NullReference Exception error msg upon running the app. I'm on Sprint 6.5 stock ROM.

I get the same error. I'm guessing it's indeed because my mailbox is empty. Gonna leave a message now and see what happens.

Also.. Just an FYI. :) It adds the Program Menu Icon as GVV.exe. Might wanna change it to Google Voice :)

Great app though. This has been needed for a LONG time. I think I may be switching off a YouMail's pay service now thanks to you!

You have a paypal address I can donate too?

Edit: I sent myself a voicemail, and that got rid of the NullException.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sl4sherm I've been testing 0.70 and everything seems great! Thank you

Wondering, is there a way I can automatically login when the program opens?

Not at the moment, I'll add it in a later revision.
    New Year, New Version!

Autologin was a glaring omission so it's in and we've got initial support for multiple accounts. Let me know how much interest there is for that feature so I know whether to develop it further.

So I present:
    (0.7.5)

Auto Login
    Autologin option added to start screen. Untick it to interrupt it and make changes.

Per account cache
    Each username gets it's own cache file. So you can use GVV with multiple accounts. I don't think you can use a character in an email address that you can't use in a filename, prove me wrong and I'll change the naming system. (You may be able to break something by typing junk into the username field but everything should work for real usernames)

Fixed
    Busy icon over messages no longer over messages.

You will loose access to your cache due to the naming change!
    If you want to keep it, rename the voicemail.xml and sms.xml files to username-voicemail.xml and username-sms.xml.

Get it from the first post as always.

Let me know what features you guys still want added to this.

Happy New Year!
    I have one issue that was not resolved by reinstalling 0.7.5, cleaning whole cashe. It is that once I get more than three messages in a conversation with someone, GVV displays only the first message of that thread and nothing else. Is there some hidden functionality that I am not aware of to show the whole thread?

PS. Will the app work if I install it on the Storage Card?

I've just had an sms conversation via google voice to see how it behaves with long conversations. I will need to update the SMS parsing code to take into account the "# more messages" link that google provides.

I don't believe there are any absolute paths in the app that would force you to to put it in program files, that's just how I built the cab, so if you wanna try to move the files you should have no problem.
    Ah sweet sweet vacation, nothing to do for a week but sit on the couch.
    And thus I present my holiday gift to you all: GVV 0.7. Get it from the first post as always!

Login Screen
    Framework for changing log in on start has been added. Right now the login screen is just a way to edit the username options found in the settings file and screen. As the main screen still performs the login right now, incorrect credentials will not stop you from proceeding to the main screen (nor will a failed login).

Quickscroll
    Quickscroll on contact lists. Buttons on the side of the contact list to jump to a section like HTC Contact Enhancement.

Fixed
    The "Error drawing image[]" bug.
    Improvements to dialer delete button, better rapid press support and holding for 1 sec+ will delete the whole field.
    Removed skip to end ">>|" button, due to lack of necessity.
    I was so excited when I saw this app...

because I've been running idialer/icontact/agephone w/PTSN and it's a. overencumbent and b. not nearly as attractive as your app!

I'm running 0.75 on a GSM TP2, tmo, htc stock rom listed below, over wifi. With everything on the device shut off except the wifi connection(including all today plugins, manila and tmo connection), when I try to log in, I get the error "Did not receive _rnr_se!" Of course at this point, everything that I try returns a 500 internal server error.

Please help... :(