[SOLVED]How to add a city in the TF3D weather tab ?

Search This thread

JVH3

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 24, 2008
Minneapolis
www.twitter.com
Hi! you program ain't working anymore. please help me! i have touch pro! I've tried to add my city [LocId="EUR;RO;RO023;ORASTIE] . and then... the weather tab stoped working!.
please help me to get it work!
when i give command to update it returns me with the mesage: there was a connection error while attemting to download weather data. retry?

p.s: the internet is present on the phone. tested with youtube

Are you using a stock or standard ROM?

Try uninstalling the program and restartying your device. You should still have the custom cities that you added.

The reason it is not working is that it tells it to use the weather server not2advanced.com. This server went down sometime after August 2011, but probably closer to the beginning of 2012.

In the past custom weather cities required this server.

So, if that does not work, try applying this registry setting

[HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila]
Weather.ServerURLOverride="http:// htc.accuweather.com/widget/htc/forecast-data_v3.asp?ac=TR2cra9U&locCode=%25ls&version=1&device=innovation"

(remove the space after // before htc.)

Reactions: broucker

broucker

Nov 14, 2010
london
Sorry! i'm using the original latest TOUCH PRO ROM DOWNLOADED from HTC site.

thank you jv!!! u saved my last 7 hours of the day! i't worked! :D i did presed the "thank you button"
have a awesome week man!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi! you program ain't working anymore. please help me! i have touch pro! I've tried to add my city [LocId="EUR;RO;RO023;ORASTIE] . and then... the weather tab stoped working!.
    please help me to get it work!
    when i give command to update it returns me with the mesage: there was a connection error while attemting to download weather data. retry?

p.s: the internet is present on the phone. tested with youtube

Are you using a stock or standard ROM?

Try uninstalling the program and restartying your device. You should still have the custom cities that you added.

The reason it is not working is that it tells it to use the weather server not2advanced.com. This server went down sometime after August 2011, but probably closer to the beginning of 2012.

In the past custom weather cities required this server.

So, if that does not work, try applying this registry setting

[HKCU\Software\HTC\Manila]
    Weather.ServerURLOverride="http:// htc.accuweather.com/widget/htc/forecast-data_v3.asp?ac=TR2cra9U&locCode=%25ls&version=1&device=innovation"

(remove the space after // before htc.)