[Q] Tried to install TWRP, but failure

Search This thread

Gil1957

Apr 21, 2012
I tried to install TWRP from Goo Manager. After when the Touchpad rebooted, I had lost my ClockworkMod and there was no TWRP item. The only recovery left was WebOS recovery. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Moody66

Nov 6, 2013
Uhrichsville
I tried to install TWRP from Goo Manager. After when the Touchpad rebooted, I had lost my ClockworkMod and there was no TWRP item. The only recovery left was WebOS recovery. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Extract the zip and place the uImage.TWRP into the boot folder. Delete uImage.Clockworkmod if it's there. Then reboot.

Last edited:

Moody66

Nov 6, 2013
Uhrichsville
I just answered that in the above post. Unzip the install zip. Name the image file.... In your case uImage.TWRP copy it into boot folder.

Last edited:

woodytrain

Dec 28, 2011
Is there any instructions on how to install CWM or TWRP recovery? I installed milaq's build using instructions in this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542353

But someone I don't have the CWM or TWRP installed. As a result, in the moboot menu, I can't see a reboot into recovery and can't install any updates either.

/boot is possibly too full

Either choose CWM or TWRP and remove one or the other (be sure to employ the recovery specific to the ROM... see the specific ROM thread for more info)

You can use 'Root Browser' in ROM Toolbox Lite app (to copy, paste, move, delete uImage files from the recovery zips to or from /boot)

zoser42

Nov 9, 2013
Holland, PA
/boot is possibly too full

Either choose CWM or TWRP and remove one or the other (be sure to employ the recovery specific to the ROM... see the specific ROM thread for more info)

You can use 'Root Browser' in ROM Toolbox Lite app (to copy, paste, move, delete uImage files from the recovery zips to or from /boot)

If /boot has adequate then you may want to to copy the TWRP installer zip file into the /cminstall folder in WebOS and use ACMEInstaller on your PC to reinstall it.