[And 1.6+] Game On - *ROOT USERS ONLY* Download other users' game progress [11 Jan]

Search This thread

avidmovies

Nov 29, 2011
Looks like it fails somehow, as I don't see WheresMyWater.zip in /GameOn/GameData (but I see sealforce.zip)

I uploaded via the app again, but I doubt it will go through.

I uploaded here as an attachment.

Attachments

• com.disney.WMW.zip
    10.3 KB · Views: 12

BrooklynAvi

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 5, 2008
Brooklyn
www.mibapps.com
Looks like it fails somehow, as I don't see WheresMyWater.zip in /GameOn/GameData (but I see sealforce.zip)

I uploaded via the app again, but I doubt it will go through.

I uploaded here as an attachment.

Thanks. I'll look into it tonight. Did you get an error message when you uploaded the data or did it appear to go through fine?

Update: I see the error. Now to figure out what's wrong. :)

Last edited:

avidmovies

Nov 29, 2011
Glad to help :)
Even though that game looks like it's for kids, some of the later levels are downright devious, and you need some concentration to figure them out hahaha

salvacion

Apr 19, 2011
Singapore
Just bought the app, great work. I read the list of planned features, I vote for allowing me to save and load my game data across multiple devices to be the priority.

mfitz8530

Jan 18, 2012
Just bought the app, great work. I read the list of planned features, I vote for allowing me to save and load my game data across multiple devices to be the priority.

Definitely agree! I've got my phone, my tablet, and my wife's phone so that would be great. Almost cloud based high scores. Love it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Help Me Add Games to the Game On Network

You can now help get games added to Game On. Time constraints have made it very difficult for me to test games and figure out which files need to be transferred to the new device. But you can help me new games added. Here's what you need to do.

Find out what files store the game's data. These files will usually be found in /data/data/package.name folder of your device. For example, Angry Birds Seasons stores its data in

/data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsseasons/files/highscores.lua
    /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsseasons/files/settings.lua

If you copy these two files from one device to another you will transfer the game's progress. Unfortunately, there is also a ton of other junk including personal data files. I don't want these. I need the absolute minimum number of files necessary to transfer game data. Stay away from libraries and cache and you can usually, but not always, ignore huge files. I just want the data files that store the game's progress, not personal information and other unnecessary things. So, using a root file explorer, find the directory where the game's data is stored. Games may also store data on the SD card as well (sometimes data is stored on both the SD card and the internal storage). To help me out, you need to send me the following information and make sure that it's well tested. Perhaps you can post it here so that other can test it as well. Once I have all the info, the game can be added to the Game On Network.

• Name: The name of the game
    • Package Name: For example, com.rovio.angrybirdsseasons
    • Data Files: For example, /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsseasons/files/highscores.lua and /data/data/com.rovio.angrybirdsseasons/files/settings.lua
    • Icon: The app's icon. You can get this by visiting app's page in the Play Store on the Web.
    Post this here and maybe even give me a kick by emailing or PMing me so that I actually look at it. Once you have all the above and are sure that it works I will add it to the Game On Network. The hardest part of this is getting the information and testing it. If users are willing to do some of the leg work then games could be added rapidly.

Game On is now in the Play Store.

Great News: For a short time (possibly forever?), I'm offering Game On absolutely free here on XDA. Please consider purchasing it from the Play Store to show support.

Download Game On for Free

Please considering supporting Game On by purchasing it on the Play Store.

qr_game_on.png

Please recommend games you'd like to see added to the Game On network.

Requirements
    • A Rooted Device
    • Android 1.6+
    • A love of games
    Game On is a unique application and the first of its kind. Game On allows you to download other users' game progress as well as upload and share your own progress with others. There are currently over 60 games hosted on the Game On server with more being added each day and with the ultimate goal of building a library of thousands of games and thousands of game progress files for users to download and enjoy. To use Game On you will need to have a rooted device (there are non-root and iOS versions currently in development and should be ready for prime time in the first half of 2012).

Game On is currently in beta and needs users to test and add their game data to the server. If you would like to a copy of the current iteration of Game On, please download it from the link above.

To ensure the quality of uploads and to prevent multiple copies of the same game data, all uploads are, by default, inactive until an administrator approves them. This will be done at least on a nightly basis, if not more often. You can find screenshots to the application below to help you get a better idea of what to expect from Game On.

If you need help using the app please first read the help file and FAQs located in the app by clicking Menu > Help from the Dashboard. You can PM me or email me using the email address listed in the app but if you have something you feel will help all users, please post it here. I will do my best to follow this thread closely but I am under tremendous time constraints and will not always be able to respond here right away or at all so please be aware of that. I pretty much always answer email.

Supported Games
    • A Game With Balls
    • A Moon for the Sky
    • Abduction! 2
    • Abduction! World Attack
    • Age of Zombies
    • Air Attack HD
    • Airport Mania
    • Airport Mania 2
    • Angry Birds
    • Angry Birds Rio
    • Aporkalypse
    • Apparatus
    • Blast Monkeys
    • BlockFall
    • Bouncy Mouse
    • Burn the City Free
    • Chalk Ball
    • Cows Don't Fly
    • Cut the Rope Free
    • Cut the Rope Paid
    • Dismount
    • Doodle Bowling
    • Early Bird
    • Fire Ball
    • Fix It
    • Geared
    • Greedy Spiders Free
    • Greedy Spiders Paid
    • Grow
    • GuerrillaBob
    • Jet Car Stunts
    • Konas Crate
    • Mega Jump
    • Meteor Blitz
    • MiniSqadron
    • MiniSqadron Special
    • Muffin Knight
    • My Paper Plane 2
    • Need for Speed Shift
    • Orbital Defender Full
    • PapaStacker
    • Paper Jet
    • Peggle
    • PewPew 2
    • Plants Vs Zombies
    • Radiant HD
    • Raging Thunder 2
    • Reckless Getaway
    • Reckless Racing
    • Riptide GP
    • Roll in the Hole
    • Saving Private Sheep
    • Seal Force
    • ShakyTower
    • Sinister Planet
    • Slice It
    • Snowboard
    • They Need To Be Fed
    • Train Conductor 2
    • Trial Xtreme
    • Turbo Fly
    • Walkabout
    • Where's My Water?
    • Where's My Water? Free
    • X Construct
    • Yumsters

Note: Error reports are absolutely useless without a logcat. If you don't know how to get a logcat of an error then you probably should not beta test this app. I will not even entertain error reports that aren't accompanied by a logcat since they are almost always useless.

Screenshots

AllScreens.png
    It does not appear that it does at the moment. I'm working on it. I could not get it to work on my Xoom yet.
    Does Game On support Honeycomb 3.1?
    Awesome app :) Will it always be for rooted devices only or non rooted as well? And any chance of Gameloft games like spiderman being on there bc I use to have venom suit but lost it in an update.
    A non-root version is in the works. I will be adding Gameloft games shortly.

Sent from the XDA App