[ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MulTiPass

May 7, 2010
How do I know what radio works for me? & How do i flash the radio?

Sorry if this is covered somewhere on this thread... i could not find it.

T-Mobile Galaxy S II - T989

gear79

Mar 21, 2012
San Antonio
How do I know what radio works for me? & How do i flash the radio?

Sorry if this is covered somewhere on this thread... i could not find it.

T-Mobile Galaxy S II - T989

Firstly, download and install both OP radios to your phone, boot into recovery and just flash a radio, after flash, reboot. Then go into phone dialer, press *#*#2263#*#* and select auto. The only way to find out is to install and test it, not every radio works for every phone or area, so no specific radio is better then another. I find LC8 works better for me, south central Texas.

jvnat

Dec 21, 2011
I did a search and didn't see anything come up for this. I just installed v8 onto our TMo SGS2. I ran darkside full wipe before, installed rom and ran cache wipe after. After reboot, I let it sit for 10 minute and then rebooted per OP. Things seem to be working, except the video player. Everytime I try to watch a video, it gives me an error of "Not enough memory". I haven't put things on the internal sdcard or external card so I know there's space. Any idea what it might be?

Try factory reset followed by wiping cache/dalvik system and data a few times manually then try a darkside wipe followed by fresh install. Cleared up most issues for me. Loving this rom.

I'll try to wipe everything and reinstall the ROM again tonight. I thought that the darkside super wipe cleared everything, including the internal sdcard? I noticed that there were folders still on the internal sdcard (not external sdcard) from the previous install. Do I have to format it from recovery or something?

chirojunkie

Apr 19, 2009
Been running v8 for a couple days now with no problems. Everything is smooth as butter. Thinking I need to find a cool theme now ;-)

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

bobbymokie

May 18, 2011
abq
I'll try to wipe everything and reinstall the ROM again tonight. I thought that the darkside super wipe cleared everything, including the internal sdcard? I noticed that there were folders still on the internal sdcard (not external sdcard) from the previous install. Do I have to format it from recovery or something?

No, don't format the internal sd. Bad idea. Super wipe wipes all that needs wiping.

jvnat

Dec 21, 2011
No, don't format the internal sd. Bad idea. Super wipe wipes all that needs wiping.

But I ran a superwipe before installing the rom and the rom itself should have run a superwipe before installing. After installing, I noticed that folders from the previous rom was still there from previous apps that I hadn't installed yet. Something didn't work right then. A factory reset maybe? And why is it a bad idea to format the internal sd from within the phone?

RTFOP

Jul 12, 2012
NYC
But I ran a superwipe before installing the rom and the rom itself should have run a superwipe before installing. After installing, I noticed that folders from the previous rom was still there from previous apps that I hadn't installed yet. Something didn't work right then. A factory reset maybe? And why is it a bad idea to format the internal sd from within the phone?

Super wipe does not and is not supposed to wipe your SD card. If you're worried about those folders then back up your files and format them from the storage settings within the ROM.

Danial723

Dec 12, 2011
Anthony
Over in the E4GT forum they have a flash able zip.....maybe someone can make one for our phone

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

D

Deleted member 2505568

Can anyone help me change the camera icon? I replaced it in the apk but got nothing but fcs. With the tw launcher (which I would like to keep) I can't use icon changer.
uploadfromtaptalk1342743951792.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

s13_slider

Nov 28, 2010
Does anyone else have issues with wifi calling? After about a half hour of it being turned on, I stop bring able to send and receive text messages. Tried a super cache wipe already and a reflash.

SiNJiN76

Sep 14, 2009
Wondering. If I want to go and try CM9, will the Radio I flashes from the OP good or do I need to flash a stock unmodified one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

*WARNING! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device*

:: DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 ::

..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..

** PLEASE READ ENTIRE OP THOROUGHLY BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS OR REPORTING ANY BUGS **

:: SUGGESTED RECOVERY ::

>>> TWRP RECOVERY 2.2.0 <<<

Included:

CLEAN, FAST, SMOOTH, & FULLY FUNCTIONAL !!!
    • Enhanced/Optimized Stock ICS ROM - *VERY MINOR* visual changes
    • UVLH1 4.0.4 Based ROM (TMO-T989 Official)
    • 3.0.8 Stock Kernel w/ Modified ramdisk << Waiting on source...
    • NO ECHO
    • Rooted
    • Deodexed
    • Busybox
    • bash
    • Zipaligned
    • Zipalign on boot
    • Removed "BLOAT"
    • Init.d support
    • Boot animation support
    • 5x4x5 TouchWiz Modified Launcher
    • Added Scrolling Wallpaper support
    • Fixed Gallery3D to support scrolling or static wallpapers w/ TW Launcher
    • Customizable 15 toggle quick panel (Thanks to @lengendk95)
    • Added Recovery & Download to Power Menu
    • Enabled SIP Calling over WiFi and 3g/4g
    • MMS Enhancements
    • Battery Notification disabled
    • DARKSIDE scripts
    • sysrw/sysro scripts
    • Enabled "Stay Awake" in Development Settings
    • SGS2 International shutdown/boot animation
    • Removed AM/PM from status bar
    • Updated Framework
    • Updated Statusbar
    • Samsung Keyboard, Swype, and ICS stock Keyboard
    • Fixed ADB
    • Enabled statubar brightness slider thingy
    • Removed Exchange security policy
    • BLN support

Working:
    • DATA
    • WIFI
    • WIFI CALLING
    • GPS
    • BLUETOOTH
    • WIRELESS TETHER
    • USB TETHER
    • MMS
    • MMS OVER WIFI CALLING

Known Issues:
    • Reboot/Shutdown Hangs: Scroll down to the >>> MODS <<< section and read the DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE description...

Pro Tips:
    • Coming soon...

Instructions on flashing DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION:

* FULL WIPE ALWAYS *

01. Download ROM (Link is Below)
    02. BACKUP ALL APPS with preferred method (ie: Rom Toolbox, Titanium, My Backup, etc..)
    03. Place ROM on ROOT of your SD card. (ie: /sdcard)
    04. Boot into Recovery Mode
    05. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
    06. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE (OPTIONAL - ROM will do this by default)
    07. Flash an ICS ready radio (Links below)
    08. Flash ROM.
    09. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
    10. Let device sit for 10min without touching, then reboot.
    11. Done!

Please don't start flashing any mods that were not done by me! Unless the mod was specifically made for this rom, with parts from this rom. Don't flash any radios unless they're specifically for ICS, the ril from gb roms will cause phone not to boot.

I know that ICS is new and a lot of people are unfamiliar. You must read! Please don't think ICS is anything similar to gingerbread.

My Change Log:
    Code:
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]
    [B]DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 [8.29.2012] [v0][/B]

* "Pre-Release" 
    [/FONT]

** PLEASE respect my work and ask before posting mirrors or using any parts **

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 v0 <<<
    [DOWNLOAD HERE]
    [8.29.2012]

md5: a4e9c5e0dcd059867e490c44b1dc6003

THIS WILL SUPER.WIPE BY DEFAULT! BACK UP YOUR APPS!

:: SCREENSHOTS ::
    Screenshot_2012-05-12-11-42-21.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-09.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-01.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-57.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-37.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-16-10.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-13-04.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-16-22.jpg

:: TW Launcher 5x4x4 MOD ::
    Screenshot_2012-05-12-11-12-12.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-26-00.jpg

Kernel Source [FOUND HERE]
    Fire powwwwwwah!

>>> RADIOS <<<

>>> Tmo UVLE1 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 2d4f9b49780c2181c476e8c075ee41eb

>>> Tmo UVLC8 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 25b9d39fd866c5fe86d547d730ba2da8

**I HAVE REMOVED THE RILS FROM THESE RADIOS! PLEASE USE THESE RADIOS IF YOU WANT GPS AND DATA TO WORK WITHOUT ISSUE! PLEASE DONT REPORT ANY DATA/GPS LOSS IF ON ANY OTHER RADIO BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW**

>>> TOOLS <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE <<<

md5: c72773dd349b6e2656e72e6273a26cdb

>>> DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE <<<

md5: b00eba3c7f647b6235aa32a11f25fc2a

"so that is the reason for the darkside.cache.wipe... because you cant wipe the cache in recovery... recovery as in CWM right? except through script like in your Darkside.cache.wipe?" (Quote from @Rushing)

ONLY USE THIS IF YOU NEED TO WIPE CACHE'S OR FIX PERMISSIONS IN CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY. THIS IS TO BE FLASHED IN RECOVERY! This replaces the need for using the broken built in CWM recovery functions. The DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE script will wipe both the /cache partition and the dalvik cache. After its has completed the wipe, it will then fix permissions (the correct way). This should hopefully fix that damn ICS reboot hang issue once and for all.

>>> MODS <<<

>>> Volume Wake <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

Here is where I stand after a lot of thought on all this.. I am a firm believer in pushing the community forward. Innovation, creativity, and originality are the keys into doing this. I am definetly not happy with the way people act around here, especially some of the new "devs". There is no sense in not helping the community when I am able. I know that I can deliver a solid ROM based off the stock Samsung firmware. It will continue along the line of minimal ui changes and focus more on ux. Updates will not be as rapid and before, but development will be consistent until I am happy with where the project ends up. I will be moving in 2 days, so I don't think I will have anything ready for another week or so. This is not an eta, just letting you know where I am at... let's do the damn thing and show them that there feeble skills are no match for the power of the DARKSIDE!
    If anyone is still interested.. Expect an update with the new UVLH1 android 4.0.4. NO ETA..

Taking requests for things people would like to see.. will not guarantee I will implement everything suggested.. but open for ideas
    I will be releasing v2 BETA01 tonight. V2 rebases of the uvcl8 t989 base and gives us back all functionality. Base is stable and screaming fast. Plus I know a lot of people will be happy to get wifi calling back... no exact time, but sometime tonight for sure. Still a few things that I have to do.. but I know u guys will be more than happy with my progress. To note, everything works within the rom

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."