[ALPHA6][ROM] AOSP JellyBean 4.1.1 [9/19/12]

Search This thread

FlipDroid

Jun 29, 2010
The LOS is a lot worse than I was hoping...it seems to drop within minutes of being on. and the screen keeps waking on its own...I would assume that will be a battery drainer.

Other than that...so far its a solid ROM. I'm glad to see this develop faster than the ICS ROMs

Chew DZ

Dec 9, 2010
San Jose
Some animations aren't 100% "butter" but its very stable nonetheless. Havent experienced LoS yet.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

timmetal6669

Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 15, 2012
Redlands CA
Moto G7
I really can't wait for a GOOD working JB ROM. I'm still on GB, I've basically skipped ICS because everything I ever ran sucked my phones will to live (battery life) but GB was great. I have high hops JB will be much better then ICS and and even better then my current GB setup!

I was just about to give AOKP another spin but I think I'll just stick with GB for now as it works so dang good and see what comes down the JB pipeline.

Thanks a lot for working on Jelly Bean guys, really appreciate it! :)

I hear we will be having a working JB rom very soon. Until then you can always try any if the TR roms. My super nova is very stable and has good battery life.

Reactions: habitformer

Censura_Umbra

Apr 10, 2011
Boston, MA
There aren't many instruction in the op...I see many future bricks lol

Anyone wondering.

Flash with a GB kernel

Wipe all

Install lowridder gapps

Use telenav for navigating

Expect plenty of Los and phone.apk freezing. The Los on this ROM doesn't show in the bar, you won't know until you try to call

Some say that turning off all location related settings helps

I think someone said changing the settings so that max active sessions was 1 or something would stop the random wakes

Upload logcats

Last edited:

times_infinity

We have been told to install from external SD, previously. That has changed,eh?

CM9 Nighly 7/31 - Kernel RC10 CWM

It really shouldn't matter, the bricks that were reported were from people using Chris's kernel with the mismerged emmc patch, which was fixed already. So as long as you're using a recovery you're comfortable with and know is safe, flashing from internal or external storage shouldn't matter.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

Censura_Umbra

Apr 10, 2011
Boston, MA
So I know this is old/ made for GB, but would this work for our purposes?

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=19947623

It would automatically save logs and try to fix the Los.

It may make the ROM use able as a daily driver AND allow even noons to upload logs.

Anyone willing to try to port it to jb? Maybe sub could even include similar scripts right in the ROM (until Los is fixed)
Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

jasKaos

Aug 26, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
No complaints from me. Just Flashed Alpha 1 so I'll reserve judgement till after a few hours of use.

EDIT 1: How the heck do I get this device to actually show up for ADB? USB Debugging is set up, I have the Samsung USB drivers installed on my Win7 X64 PC, and it installs the phone fine on first plug in, but ADB doesn't work still. No device found. I'd love to pull some logcats for the dev, but without ADB working, I can't.

EDIT 2: I got the ADB part working! :) Just had to go to the correct ADB folder lol. :) Next bug/crash/etc will be for my first contribution.

~ sent from a jelly bean E4GT!

Last edited:

jasKaos

Aug 26, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
That was fast!

Phone went into Deep Sleep, wouldn't wake up, while connected to USB/PC. HAD to do a Hard Restart in order to even get ADB to show the device again; hoping this was done right: http://pastebin.com/vGPmAYs9

EDIT: Also, I want to put in my thoughts on Alpha 1 again... To me, it seems it's not nearly as "butter"-y smooth as the pre-alpha builds were. Sliding between screens seems sluggish with some stuttering. And a lot of animations just tend to lag. Pre-Alpha builds were nowhere near this bad, nor were the LoS problems as constant. I'm at home so my phone is on WiFi thankfully.

EDIT 2: Just got a random reboot! Here is the pastebin: http://pastebin.com/Np57ZGG2

Last edited:
Reactions: Chew DZ

VirusZer0

Mar 15, 2010
Pittsburgh
New build up on his reg site I got the first download!!!! Will report..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Nice! Can't wait for him to post it on here so I have access. Praying for a LoS fix! How do I get into the other site, is it on an invite basis?

Thanks,
Tee Jay

PS: Still a lil new around here, just hopped over to this device from the E3D. Starting to get my feet wet! =)

Top Liked Posts