network connection drops.. frequently

Search This thread

helppme

Apr 20, 2011
UK moto G 16gb. 3 mobile.

Network connection drops all the time. I mean, like every 30 seconds when using the phone. It seems to be because it is constantly flipping between 3g (2.5g slower, and HSDPA+ speed 3.5G).. I guess I'm in an area where HSDPA+ is barely possible. BUT, since the retarded 4.4.2 UI has been built for ****tards, in now only has the option of 2g or 3g. no more, manual vs Auto etc etc. This really annoys me.

Has anybody else had this problem? Can anyone let me know where the option to set data network selection manually vs auto is. and if there is any way I can improve the network selection.

My phone does exhibit the signal degredation when the back is covered, but I think this is universal amongst phones really.

helppme

Apr 20, 2011
You are not holding it right !!

Edit: are you rooted? Xposed can help you then

It's not related to how I hold the phone, its in general. It is definitely to do with being in a low 3.5G area. When in a strong area it is fine.

The phone clearly flips between HSDPA+ and 2-3G. This is why its doing it. If I can force it to stay on 2 or 3G in the settings, rather than flipping when signal is weak it will solve my problem.

Im not rooted, but can easily. How will xposed help? I thought that was just to customise the UI like gravity box?

jaspreet997

Jul 15, 2013
I think there is a rather simpler wrokaround
Dial *#*#4636#*#* ( I am not sure if its the engineer mode code for moto g)
And go to network
It has a option to force 2g / 3g....lemme google up the details for you

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

And try this one *#197328640#
5u4ura5e.jpg

aqutehas.jpg

Its a little bit tricky...just select the wanted setting...then press menu ..then select 'select'

P.S it maybe a little different on ur device

Reactions: helppme

helppme

Apr 20, 2011
And go to network

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

5u4ura5e.jpg

aqutehas.jpg

Its a little bit tricky...just select the wanted setting...then press menu ..then select 'select'

the first code got me to a menu where I could set it the way I need. thanks. the second code didnt work at all.

cheers for the help tho

d@vo

Apr 21, 2012
Hi, I don't now way I can't enter in that menu using that two method?

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

d@vo

Apr 21, 2012
Yes I used the stock dealer but went I do nothing happen don't now way

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    And go to network

5u4ura5e.jpg

aqutehas.jpg

the first code got me to a menu where I could set it the way I need. thanks. the second code didnt work at all.

cheers for the help tho

Nice I hope it solves the network problem for you ! It has lotsa configurations! Do check for the ones that would work !