FORUMS

[ROM] ShadowMOD-br v0.9.16 (2011-01-27)

146 posts
Thanks Meter: 18
 
By cherrybombaz, Senior Member on 26th January 2011, 08:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th January 2011, 12:59 AM |#21  
lordfreyr's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I tried this, too. First there wasn't any problem, I changed the baseband to German (my phone is German), changed the keyboard layout to QWERTZ, made the memhack and powered up the phone. It booted relative fast, I set my APN settings, signed in, and the phone started to sync, and installed the Market apps. Here was the first problem, 17 apps didn't installed, but an Update all option on Market solved this problem. Then the Market froze at the last update, I got a force close window, then it restarted and froze again. I shut down the phone and powered up again, but it stuck at the M logo. I started the OR, made a Dalvik Cache and a Cache wipe, rebooted, but still just the M logo. OR again, made a data wipe, but only M logo. Made a data wipe again and reinstalled the update package, then it booted finally.
I don't know what was the problem, but I go back to CM6 this time, perhaps I'll try the next version.

Sorry about the mistakes in my English, if any.
29th January 2011, 03:04 AM |#22  
Member
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 87
 
More
Probably the way you did the memhack. It's not the same as CM6. The initscripts on this ROM only runs after the boot is complete, so the dalvik-cache is not available to the system when you memhack thru the init. A way to fix that is to put the memhack at sh_hijack.sh or use the app2ext, which is prolly a better solution.
29th January 2011, 09:27 PM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babis_ECE

Thank you, I am doing it right now and hope it works this time.

Edit: Just installed it and also installed new Market from the first post, but I can't make Google Apps to work properly. When I open the App it closes right after it starts..
GMail, Market, etc..

Check first post to get the new market working.
boto
29th January 2011, 11:03 PM |#24  
Guest
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgardcastro

Hey, just a quickie...

The only reason the ROM is marked as "BR" is because it uses the baseband, apns and some other configs for the Brazilian region. I will create an International version (including all languages and full apnlist) to make it easier to everybody, now that's its out in the wild.


As you could see the rom has a good repercussion here, it will be even more popular if you could add others language.

What i can suggest is add the others languages for the system, worldwide APN and a English version of you Google code.
You can keep the Brazilian radio as default (this will make simple for Brazilians noobs ;p) and just add the others for download at the Google code.

It's not necessary you keep 2 deferents versions of project
30th January 2011, 04:46 AM |#25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
More
i've got the status 4 error when applying the overlock update. any help?
30th January 2011, 12:14 PM |#26  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrule1896

i've got the status 4 error when applying the overlock update. any help?

You have to extract that zip file. There are several update zips inside you can use from open recovery.
30th January 2011, 12:21 PM |#27  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Thumbs up Best Froyo Rom
Having tried all the roms available for my Milestone, I must say this is the best Froyo rom around. Speed and available memory are superb. The latest 0.9.16 with the new kernel, is stable at 1000mhz. What more could I ask for! Congrats and thanks to Edgardcastro!
30th January 2011, 08:04 PM |#28  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edgardcastro

Probably the way you did the memhack. It's not the same as CM6. The initscripts on this ROM only runs after the boot is complete, so the dalvik-cache is not available to the system when you memhack thru the init. A way to fix that is to put the memhack at sh_hijack.sh or use the app2ext, which is prolly a better solution.

Edgar, master men! Speak Spanish, Hablas EspaƱol?
Put the CyanogenMOD controls in the Notification Bar please???
30th January 2011, 09:57 PM |#29  
alijs's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amman
Thanks Meter: 24
 
More
awaiting for the international languages Edgardcastro, dont forget arabic

by the way, ther is a youtube video "MileStone running gingerbread", I couldnt understand as not-english spoken. the person who upload the video named "Edgardcastro" is it you?
31st January 2011, 07:22 AM |#30  
Paitor's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 36
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by imzkng

Having tried all the roms available for my Milestone, I must say this is the best Froyo rom around. Speed and available memory are superb. The latest 0.9.16 with the new kernel, is stable at 1000mhz. What more could I ask for! Congrats and thanks to Edgardcastro!

I agree. i have tried it over the weekend. The wifi works great. But there have been some issues. Somtimes it freezes while writing but I cannot know if it is some app that is faulty. Also the battery drains pretty quick. 3 calls. Some sms and it lives for about 12h. I'm using -overclock-125x900-normal.
31st January 2011, 03:42 PM |#31  
Menelkir's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porto Alegre
Thanks Meter: 317
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boto

As you could see the rom has a good repercussion here, it will be even more popular if you could add others language.

What i can suggest is add the others languages for the system, worldwide APN and a English version of you Google code.
You can keep the Brazilian radio as default (this will make simple for Brazilians noobs ;p) and just add the others for download at the Google code.

It's not necessary you keep 2 deferents versions of project

I think just releasing a parallel update.zip with this modifications should be sufficient.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes