I need advices on update to Android 4.3

Search This thread

Mord Fustang

Sep 19, 2013
Hello, I am receiving an official update on my S3 device by ota, It says the amount of 419.04MB. I suppose it is Android 4.3.
But this update is recomended? Does it have any problem, or lag, or Samsung fixed it on the update?
Please tell me if it is correct to update my mobile or not.
Regards and thanks to all of you.

kadir456

Nov 11, 2013
For me it lagged extreme!

Device: Samsung Galaxy S3
ROM: CyanogenMod 11 (Temasek Unofficial V36 )
Kernel: Boeffla-Kernel-CM11-2.1-Beta9-

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Version UGML4 is fine, a slight lag on waking from deep sleep but battery life is excellent.

dadomonte

Jan 12, 2014
Natal/RN
Hello, I am receiving an official update on my S3 device by ota, It says the amount of 419.04MB. I suppose it is Android 4.3.
But this update is recomended? Does it have any problem, or lag, or Samsung fixed it on the update?

There is thread to discuss the 4.3 software, have a look here befor update http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2344133

Good luck.

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

One what model phone do you have .
Two multiple identical posts on the forum re 4.3 and yes some have a problem others do not .

h8Aramex

Oct 24, 2012
Google Pixel 6a

Update your phone via a "SMART TERMINAL" or KIES.
I updated via OTA when I got home. The update went smooth... but the phone got awful slow/laggy/terrible.
A few days passed and I found a Samsung shop. Went in and saw an "update terminal."

After it finished, the phone was buttery smooth again.
Please note, that encryption will be MUCH SLOWER. So you cannot use it encrypted anymore. At least not like you used it. It will lag, it will stutter, all the crap you can imagine. Lucky I have insurance and I use a powerful password. So even if I get robbed I can reset the phone from home and get a new phone for cheap.
But yeah, I do miss the encryption feature, I felt safer that way. But it just got way too slow.

I even took the phone back to Samsung as in warranty repair, but they told me the policy says they can't downgrade so they just pushed up the 4.3 rom all over again. Meh.

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
I even took the phone back to Samsung as in warranty repair, but they told me the policy says they can't downgrade so they just pushed up the 4.3 rom all over again.

Reason see faqs and guides .

Orangevenom

Jan 24, 2014
Cambridge
www.youtube.com
No Problems

Hi,

im in the UK on the network 02

I upgraded about 3 weeks ago now and i have had no problems whatsoever, I guess i was a lucky one ive heard all sorts of problems with this update i just cant wait until 4.4 comes that's if it ever does!