Headset button fail

Search This thread

MorbidMonk

Sep 2, 2013
I can't find my post from long ago. I have a headset that is for android. Not apple!! One button. The buttons work fine in stock gingerbread. Any other ROM than stock and only headphones work. No buttons no mic. Tried jay's fix but it doesn't even recognize the button presses. Tried changing all sorts tips from users and no avail. It also seems that every question I have posted never gets a reply. I find it very hard to believe that with all sorts of people with this issue not one solution have been posted. I read somewhere about goolge locking down headset after gingerbread but I don't buy it. As using the headset on s3 and note 3 works. Its not the phone as it works in gingerbread.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
I can't find my post from long ago. I have a headset that is for android. Not apple!! One button. The buttons work fine in stock gingerbread. Any other ROM than stock and only headphones work. No buttons no mic. Tried jay's fix but it doesn't even recognize the button presses. Tried changing all sorts tips from users and no avail. It also seems that every question I have posted never gets a reply. I find it very hard to believe that with all sorts of people with this issue not one solution have been posted. I read somewhere about goolge locking down headset after gingerbread but I don't buy it. As using the headset on s3 and note 3 works. Its not the phone as it works in gingerbread.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda app-developers app

well.. Samsung might have put in code code that fixes headset buttons because I had an LG Optimus One and when I was trying different ROMS, the buttons worked in gingerbread but not in ICS. it is actually an issue with Android that the OEMs (Samsung, HTC, etc.) fix but Google doesn't.

Sent from my SCH-I500