[Q] Back to factory settings

Search This thread

distorsion

Apr 18, 2014
I never liked cellphones and avoided them for years until I got a Galaxy Note as a gift. I gave it a try but after a year of minimum use I can safely say that it doesn't appeal to me.

So I want to sell it, but the problem is in my attempt to like it I rooted it and it seems like resetting to factory settings with a root may cause on a brick, so I'm wondering, what would be the exact procedure I have to follow in order to get it to be as it was on day 1?

Model: GT-N7000
Android version: 4.0.4
Root: SuperSU

I mention SuperSU because it seems like it has an unroot option on It's menu. Do I just use that and then search for the factory reset option and I'm done?

Thank you for reading.

treacherous_hawk

Dec 22, 2012
I never liked cellphones and avoided them for years until I got a Galaxy Note as a gift. I gave it a try but after a year of minimum use I can safely say that it doesn't appeal to me.

So I want to sell it, but the problem is in my attempt to like it I rooted it and it seems like resetting to factory settings with a root may cause on a brick, so I'm wondering, what would be the exact procedure I have to follow in order to get it to be as it was on day 1?

I mention SuperSU because it seems like it has an unroot option on It's menu. Do I just use that and then search for the factory reset option and I'm done?

Thank you for reading.

Yes, you can simply unroot using SuperSU or you can flash stock rom, whole procedure for that is mentioned in dr ketan's thread, look fot it and as you are on ICS dont do any wipes on stock recovery, use brick safe kernel.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Reactions: distorsion

distorsion

Apr 18, 2014
Yes, you can simply unroot using SuperSU or you can flash stock rom, whole procedure for that is mentioned in dr ketan's thread, look fot it
As far as I remember I never did anything like flashing a rom... to be honest, I don't even know what that means, but I'm almost sure I never did it (although I would like to know how to see what "rom" I'm currently running just to be sure).

I just unrooted through SuperSU menu and I'm wondering what's the next step. I thought just going to system options and looking for reset to factory settings would do it now that It's unrooted but
as you are on ICS dont do any wipes on stock recovery, use brick safe kernel.
this quote made me wonder, are you talking about the flashing rom method to unroot or to the step I should do now? Do I update to Jelly Bean and then do reset to factory settings?

I'm a little confused.

Thanks!

treacherous_hawk

Dec 22, 2012
As far as I remember I never did anything like flashing a rom... to be honest, I don't even know what that means, but I'm almost sure I never did it (although I would like to know how to see what "rom" I'm currently running just to be sure).

I just unrooted through SuperSU menu and I'm wondering what's the next step. I thought just going to system options and looking for reset to factory settings would do it now that It's unrooted but

this quote made me wonder, are you talking about the flashing rom method to unroot or to the step I should do now? Do I update to Jelly Bean and then do reset to factory settings?

I'm a little confused.

Thanks!

Just go to settings and about and see firmware version, build number and Baseband version should tell you if you are stock rom or not( not sure though have been using custom rom for too long now). Wiping from Stock Recovery might brick it not the factory settings from menu. Yes, update to JB from system updates it should be available if you are on stock rom or using Kies from pc connecting USB.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you for reading.

Yes, you can simply unroot using SuperSU or you can flash stock rom, whole procedure for that is mentioned in dr ketan's thread, look fot it and as you are on ICS dont do any wipes on stock recovery, use brick safe kernel.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk