[ROM][S4][06 JAN] TrickDroid 9.1.0 | Jelly Bean | Sense UI 4+ | Fast | Smooth | HQ

Search This thread

torxx

Mar 20, 2011
trickdroid.org
Proudly present you TrickDroid for the HTC One S

trennstrich.png

ROMbanner.png

trennstrich.png

ROMDetails.png

This ROM is based on the HTC Europe and works on every One S with S4 processor!

• Rooted with SuperSU
  • Deodexed
  • Zipaligned
  • UI Optimization
  • Unsecured boot.img
  • Newest BusyBox
  • Excellent battery life
  • GPU UI Rendering
  • RAM Optimization
  • sysro/sysrw permission
  • Better CPU Performance
  • init.d scripts support
  • Improved EXT4 System
  • Removed 3-dot menu by blubbers
  • Removed bloatware
  • Custom Bootanimation
  • 1% stock battery
  • Advanced Power Menu
  • Extended Quick Settings
  • Many other tweaks!

trennstrich.png

Requirements.png

• Unlocked Bootloader
  • TWRP/CWM Recovery (or any other which works)

trennstrich.png

Installation.png

• Download ROM
  • Copy ROM to your sdcard
  • Fullwipe (data and cache)
  • Flash the ROM
  • Reboot into bootloader
  • Go into fastboot mode
  • fastboot flash boot boot.img
  • fastboot erase cache
  • Reboot
  • Enjoy

• Known solutions for cache issues:
  • If you have issues accessing Sense Widgets, just clear HTC Sense data in app settings. Make sure you backup your Desktop in Titanium Backup, before you clear Sense data.
  • If you temporarily loose access to contacts in dialer, reboot in recovery and wipe cache.

Flow-Wolf made a video how to install a ROM with the boot.img, just look here! and you will also find a review of this ROM there!

Downloads.png

Before downloading it would be nice to visit my rootzwiki thread and leave a nice comment and rep there, so you could give me something back with this gesture.- Thanks!

trennstrich.png

There is and will not be a tweak package for Jelly Bean!

trennstrich.png

Credits.png

• he_stheone64- for APM mod and his help
  • DroidXAce- for the graphics
  • Football- for the RUUs
  • Team Venom- for being supportive

trennstrich.png

Hitting the thanks button and rating 5 stars would motivate me to continue! So please do the two click's if you download.
A small donation is highly appreciated!

Last edited:

he_stheone64

Aug 1, 2008
Düsseldorf
TrickDroid Tweaks

TweakPackage.png

General Information:

The base ROM is close to stock with additional permance and battery tweaks. The tweak package adds user configurable mods in an easy to use AROMA Installer. TrickDroid means YOU have the choice, which tweaks are important on your device. The Tweaks Installer also offers you the choice to return to stock for individual mods anytime you want.

Many thanks to he_stheone64 for creating this tweaks add-on!
Includes:

All tweaks are user configurable - YOU decide what you need and what you don`t

How to apply

Just flash in recovery, Aroma Installer will start automatically and you can check in the UI, what you want to add or what you like to remove. Simple as that...

Mods

• Auto Brightness
  • APM and Auto Brightness
  • Custom bootanimation
  • Dark HTC bootanimation
  • Extended Quick Settings and 1% stock battery
  • Extended Quick Settings and 1% circle battery
  • Extended Quick Settings and ICS Statusbar
  • Extended Quick Settings with tabbed UI
  • Extended Quick Settings with tabbed UI and circle battery - NEW
  • Extende Quick settings with tabbed UI, white ICS icons and MIUI bottom bar
  • 1% Circle battery
  • 1% Stock battery
  • MIUI battery
  • Remove 3-dot menu
  • SuperSmooth Rosie and 6x5 appdrawer
  • SuperSmooth Rosie and standard appdrawer
  • SuperSmooth Rosie 6x5 and custom background
  • SuperSmooth Rosie and custom background
  • Flat Dialer - NEW
  • Square HTC keyboard - NEW
  • Jellybean Bootanimation - NEW
  • Jellybean Play Music - NEW
  • Jellybean Play Store - NEW
  • Jellybean Ears Sound Search Widget - NEW
  • Tweaks app - thx to j4n87
  • New clock options incl. center and custom color
  • User configurable Homescreen Rotation
  • AOSP Lockscreen
  • User configurable Longpress action
  • Different overscroll colors
  • Different Auto Brightness steps

AOSP inverted apps

• Google Reader Inverted
  • Calendar Inverted
  • Contacts AOSP Inverted
  • Email AOSP Inverted
  • Gallery AOSP Inverted
  • Gmail Inverted
  • MMS AOSP Inverted
  • Google+ Inverted
  • Talk Inverted
  • Play Store Inverted
  • YouTube Inverted

Restore mods to stock

• Restore Auto Brightness
  • Restore APM
  • Restore stock bootanimation
  • Restore from EQS + 1% battery
  • Restore stock menu
  • Restore stock Rosie
  • Restore stock Google Reader
  • Restore stock Calendar
  • Restore stock Gmail
  • Restore stock Google+
  • Restore stock Talk
  • Restore Play Store
  • Restore YouTube
  • Restore Dialer
  • Restore HTC keyboard

Install Custom Fonts:

• Windows Phone Font
  • Xperia S Font
  • Stock Font
  • Comfortaa Font - NEW
  • Helvetica Font - NEW
  • Lato Font - NEW
  • Nokia Pure Font - NEW
  • Ubuntu Light Font - NEW
  • Walkway Font - NEW

Remove Stuff

• Remove Stock app and widget
  • Remove HTCs PPV service
  • Remove Flickr support
  • Remove the boot sound
  • Remove HTC Sense including its Widgets and use Nova launcher
  • Remove Facebook
  • Remove Gmail
  • Remove Twitter
  • Remove Books
  • Remove printer services
  • Remove HTC Skins
  • Remove Genie Widget
  • Remove HTC Feedback
  • Remove HTC Store
  • Remove Movie Editor
  • Remove Google+
  • Remove Show Me
  • Remove Teeter
  • Remove TuneIn
  • Remove AOSP Email
  • Remove AOSP Gallery
  • Remove AOSP Contacts
  • Remove AOSP MMS
  • Remove Talk
  • Remove 7Digital - NEW
  • Remove SoundHound - NEW
  • Remove MyHTC - NEW
  • Remove Dropbox - NEW
  • Remove Polaris Ofiice - NEW
  • Remove HTC Skins - NEW
  • Remove Live Wallpaper - NEW

Screenshots of available fonts: - thx to v3n3

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27746737&postcount=1826

Downloads.png

How to install Video - thx to flow-wolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yas9tK6GWD8

Update TrickDroid Tweaks 03. & 04.07. for 1.78 Base - Please don`t flash framework tweaks like APM, AutoBrightness or Menu Mods on 2.21 base (TD 6.x)

Credits: j4n87 for original tweaks and LeeDroid for being the first to port it to One S

Changelog:

• Jellybean Bootanimation
  • Jellybean Play Music

Note: PLEASE don`t complain "I dont find ears in my app drawer" - Google ears is a widget and it`s bloody fast :p

Download:

http://d-h.st/lu3

Note: Not all tweak options are activated in framework (for example APM options, I left existing APM in framework)

If you flash the new TrickDroid tweaks app - please note that in order to maximize the amount of working tweaks via the new app , you also need to flash Menu & APM, one of the EQS versions and one of the Rotating Rosie options in Aroma Installer. Also note, that link to tweak app in statusbar will only appear, after you first reordered toggles in TrickDroid tweaks app.

Known solutions for cache issues:

• If you have issues accessing Sense Widgets, just clear HTC Sense data in app settings. Make sure you backup your Desktop in Titanium Backup, before you clear Sense data.
  • If you temporarily loose access to contacts in dialer, reboot in recovery and wipe cache.
  • If you have other strange issues, that are not directly related to the flashed tweaks, please reboot in recovery first and wipe cache, before you report any issues in the thread.

New Tweaks for TrickDroid 7.x EU version (based on 2.21 Update)

Good to know:

Menu mods are not necessary with the new base, HTC built these in finally
EQS mods from old 1.78 tweaks do still work, if you need them
You can use Tweaks app and EQS mods from old 1.78 base, but only statusbar mods (EQS, MIUI) are supported.
Rosie Mods from 1.78 do still work on new base

Mods

• Auto Brightness
  • APM
  • Custom bootanimation
  • Dark HTC bootanimation
  • 1% Circle battery
  • 1% Stock battery
  • Extended Quick settings with tabbed UI, white ICS icons and MIUI bottom bar
  • Remove 3-dot menu
  • Rosie 6x5 and custom background
  • Rosie and custom background
  • Square HTC keyboard
  • Jellybean Play Music
  • Jellybean Play Store
  • Jellybean Ears Sound Search Widget
  • Xperia S gallery
  • Google Now

AOSP inverted apps

• Google Reader Inverted
  • Calendar Inverted
  • Contacts AOSP Inverted
  • Email AOSP Inverted
  • Gallery AOSP Inverted
  • Gmail Inverted
  • MMS AOSP Inverted
  • Google+ Inverted
  • Talk Inverted
  • Play Store Inverted
  • YouTube Inverted

Restore mods to stock

• Restore APM
  • Restore stock menu
  • Restore stock Rosie
  • Restore stock Calendar
  • Restore stock Gmail
  • Restore stock Google+
  • Restore stock Talk
  • Restore Play Store
  • Restore YouTube
  • Restore Dialer
  • Restore HTC keyboard
  • Restore APM
  • Restore stocj Statusbar
  • Restore stock Rosie

Install Custom Fonts:

• Windows Phone Font
  • Xperia S Font
  • Stock Font
  • Comfortaa Font
  • Helvetica Font
  • Lato Font
  • Nokia Pure Font
  • Ubuntu Light Font
  • Walkway Font

Remove Stuff

• Remove Flickr support
  • Remove the boot sound
  • Remove Facebook
  • Remove Gmail
  • Remove Twitter
  • Remove Books
  • Remove HTC Skins
  • Remove Genie Widget
  • Remove HTC Feedback
  • Remove HTC Store
  • Remove Movie Editor
  • Remove Google+
  • Remove Show Me
  • Remove Teeter
  • Remove TuneIn
  • Remove AOSP Email
  • Remove AOSP Gallery
  • Remove AOSP Contacts
  • Remove AOSP MMS
  • Remove Talk
  • Remove 7Digital
  • Remove SoundHound
  • Remove MyHTC
  • Remove Dropbox
  • Remove Polaris Office
  • Remove HTC Skins
  • Remove Live Wallpaper

Tweak Package for TD 7.x - Update 12.08.:

Credits: mikeyxda for original Google Now port
Credits: DroidXAce for Jellybean Bootanimation

Changelog:

• Xperia S gallery - includes cool pinch & zoom gestures for preview size and geo location map view
  • Google Now - this should be self explanatory :laugh:
  • Fixed script for deletion of dropbox, facebook and g+ (now in data/app)

P.S. Please don`t ask here how Google Now works, there is plenty of stuff about it all over the web, thx...

Please remember - make a nandroid, especially if you are not sure whether you want to keep Google Now (I`m sure anyway...)

Download

http://d-h.st/BDr

Tweaks.png

Last edited:

ShensMobile

Jul 19, 2010
Vancouver
FAQ

Q. I just installed this ROM and it looks identical to stock! Torxx, you ripped me off, this isn’t a custom ROM at all!
A. Not all ROMs have different themes, launchers, or are based off CM. This ROM is dedicated to maintaining the stock feel for those who like their phone but hated all the bloat and wanted a clean, lighter rom with better battery life and more customization options. If you are expecting 20 home screens and JB graphics, feel free to install another ROM, but this is not what Trickdroid is meant to offer.

Q. What’s the difference between the T-Mobile version and the Regular version?
A. The regular version is based off of the latest 2.21 base (Android 4.0.4) from HTC and has several changes from HTC themselves that improves the user experience. The T-Mobile version is based off the TMOB RUU which is on the 1.84 base (Android 4.0.3). Anyone with an S4 processor based One S can install either, but the regular version will lack wifi calling for T-Mobile users. Other than that, there is no other downside to using the regular version on T-Mobile. Wifi calling is the only difference.

Keep in mind that because of the different bases being used for the two versions, they have different tweak packages as well.

Do not use this ROM if you have an S3 processor based One S

Q. Okay, I’ve installed Trickdroid but I don’t see any of the customizations on the list! Torxx, you ripped me off again!
A. The ROM itself is meant to be as clean and close to stock as possible. The tweaks are available with the tweaks package. After you flash the ROM, boot it up and then reboot into recovery and flash the tweaks package. An installer will popup and you can choose what tweaks you want.

Q. What do all the mods do? I'm not sure what to flash :(
A.
  • Auto Brightness
    The stock HTC auto-brightness settings are a little generous and tend to be a little TOO bright when they shouldn't need to be. This mod will lower the brightness of the display to help save battery.
    APM stands for Advanced Power Menu. It adds additional features to the power menu (when you hold power) such as volume settings, toggles for mobile network and airplane mode, as well giving you more options for restarting (normal, hot restart, bootloader, recovery). This also includes the auto brightness patch.
  • APM
    See above. This does not contain the auto brightness patch. If you want both, install the above option.
  • Custom bootanimation
    Replaces the stock HTC One S boot animation with a Trickdroid one :)
  • Dark HTC bootanimation
    Replaces the stock HTC One S white boot animation with the exact same one, only with a black background. One you go black...
  • 1% Circle battery
    Replaces the battery indicator on the notification bar with a circle that has numbers inside of it. The numbers indicate battery percentage and the circle depletes/disappears as the battery drains.
  • 1% Stock battery
    Adds little numbers into the stock battery indicator on the notification bar to indicate percentage.
    Extended Quick Settings, otherwise known as EQS, adds a menu with toggles for system functions (such as wifi, volume modes, mobile network, and many more) into your notification menu. These are available when you press on your carrier name. It also adds the 1% stock battery patch above.
    Same as above but instead of the 1% stock battery, you will have the 1% circle battery.
    Same as above but your entire notification bar will be replaced with the ICS style status bar, which does not have the 3D effect and is just a flat bar with the ICS "roboto" font.
    Another extended quick settings style, but instead of pressing the carrier name to get to the quick settings, there are tabs at the bottom (ala HTC Sense 3.0) that let you switch between notifications and settings. This has a 1% battery notification patch but it does not look like the stock. It is similar, but does not use the default icon.
    See above, but with the circle battery included instead.
    See above, but it will use an ICS style top bar with ICS icons, and the battery notification icon will be replaced with a thin bar right below the notification bar that indicates battery remaining.
    Gives you a 6x5 layout for icons on your homescreens. It also allows you to add custom backgrounds to your app drawer(correct me if I'm wrong please, I've never used this feature...). Requires tweak app from old package.
    See above, just without the 6x5 layout.
  • Square HTC keyboard
    On the stock Sense 4.0 keyboard, the keys will have their rounded edges changed to square edges.
    Replace the stock HTC One S boot animation with the Jellybean one.
  • Jellybean Play Music
    Replaces the Play Music app with the Jellybean one.
  • Jellybean Play Store
    Replaces the Play Store app with the Jellybean one.
    Gives you the Jellybean Ears music search widget.

Q. Where’s the “Remove 3-dot menu?” YOU HAD ONE JOB, TORXX and H_STHEONE64! ONE JOB!
A. This question is asked over and over. Previously, remove 3-dot menu had to be a patch but HTC has included it in the ROM natively since moving to Android 4.0.4. This ROM is now based off this base and thus you can find the option to remove the 3-dot menu in Settings>Display, Gestures, & Buttons>Recent Apps Button

Q. My HTC Widgets are all gone! What did I do wrong?
A. You haven’t done anything wrong, this occurs sporadically to random people. To get your widgets back, go to Settings>Apps>All>HTC Sense and tap the “Clear Data” option. Or alternatively, you can reboot into recovery and clear cache/dalvik cache as your first try for when anything goes wrong. Usually something left over in the cache can cause random errors. It’s harmless to try so please do that first.

Q. I’m using TWRP to flash and my phone is stuck at the HTC logo. How come?
A. Relying on TWRP to flash the boot.img is not reliable. Please use the Boot_flash_script to flash the boot.img or do it yourself in fastboot. Having an incompatible boot.img is the common reason for being stuck at the boot logo.

Q. I’m confused as to which Tweak package to install. There’s so many links and versions of the tweak package.
A. Install this one: http://d-h.st/BDr

This is the latest tweak package and is at the end of the tweak package post. Any tweaks in this package are guaranteed to work. The old tweak package (http://d-h.st/lu3) is still available because people wanted access to the Trickdroid Tweaks App, which is no longer offered because the whole tweak package has been over-hauled and a lot of the options in that app no longer apply. There are some things people want to use though (autobrightness control for example).

If you are going to use the old tweak package, do not install anything but the tweaks app as the framework has changed since that tweak package was offered (hence why a new package is used). Any tweaks that alter the framework from the old package will cause boot loops.

Q. I've flashed the tweak package and now my phone is stuck on the boot screen! Help!
A. You completely skipped the last question didn't you? You are stuck in the boot screen because you have flashed a tweak that contains a framework change for the wrong base. If you are using this ROM (Regular version) then use the latest tweak package for v6/v7. If you are using the TMOB version, use the old tweak package for v5.

Go back to recovery(power+volume down), restore your nandroid backup (or if you didn't make a backup, sorry but you'll have to wipe data/cache/dalvik and reflash the rom) and install the proper tweak package.

Q. Whenever I send an SMS, my network signal will drop and the message won’t send.
A. Reboot to recovery, clear cache/dalvik cache.

Q. I’m getting G for my signal! How come I’m only getting GPRS instead of 3G or HSPA+?
A. This is a problem in HTC’s handy work. There are cases being reported where people are getting the G symbol instead of 3G or H but if you do a test with a speed test app, you’ll see that you’re still getting HSPA+ speeds. The symbol is not an effective method of determining network speed. For the time being, just assume G stands for Great!

Q. Does this ROM come with the latest radio?
A. No it does not come with the latest radio. For those with HBoot of 1.13, we cannot flash radios and we must apply SuperCID and then OTA to the 2.21 base to get the latest radio.
Those on HBoot lower than 1.13 can flash this for the new radio: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvi1a70n41yy2ri/radio_OTA_19072012.zip
This radio can be used by both T-Mobile users and the rest of the world. Yes, Americans are special. Radio is separate from the ROM, so if you have an older radio and are afraid to SuperCID and OTA, don’t worry, the ROM will work the same way.

Q. How come there’s no more screenshot option in the APM tweak?
A. It hasn’t been implemented properly yet, the tweaks are still being worked on. For the time being, use the HTC method: Power button + Home at the same time.

I'm going to update this FAQ as I see common questions being asked.

Last edited:

torxx

Mar 20, 2011
trickdroid.org
Changelog.png

Code:
[B]v7.1.0[/B]

Totally rebased on the new RUU from Football (2.21.401.10)
Removed some things which are running in the background to improve battery life
Zipaligned and optimized with newest SDK r20
Updated these apps/binarys:
Adobe Flash Player
ES File Explorer
Dropbox
Facebook for Android
Google Play Store
Google+
Maps
Soundhound
SuperUser
Street View in Google Maps
Twitter
Busybox Binary
SuperSU Binary
Best feeling on the One S

[B]v7.0.0[/B]

New boot.img (props NRGZ28)
Fixed that init.d scripts are not running
Improved battery life a lot by removing some crap
Added all languages which are available
Adobe Flash Player
ES File Explorer
Dropbox
Facebook for Android
Google Play Store
Google+
Maps
Soundhound
SuperUser
Twitter
Busybox Binary
SuperSU Binary

[B]v6.0.0[/B]

Changelog:

New base: 2.21.401.10 (Android 4.0.4)
Build from scratch
New boot.img
Debloated
EA Games by HTC (get a free game)
Adobe Flash Player
ES File Explorer
Dropbox
Facebook for Android
Google Play Store
Google+
Maps
Soundhound
SuperUser
Twitter
Busybox Binary
SuperSU Binary
Best battery life

[b]v5.2.0[/b]

Went back to stock kernel, stock modules and stock thermald.conf
Debloated
Adobe Flash Player
ES File Explorer
Dropbox
Facebook for Android
Google Play Store
Google+
Maps
Soundhound
SuperUser
Twitter
Busybox Binary
SuperSU Binary
Created /data/app again
Moved these apps to there:
Adobe Flash Player
ES File Explorer
Dropbox
Facebook for Android
Google+
Maps
Twitter
Removed two init.d scripts which caused issues
Removed to files from xbin which caused issues as well
Improved performance a lot
Best battery life

[B]v5.1.0[/B]

Fixed Friendstream finally ([B]iB4STiD [/B], thanks)
Fixed some app crashes
New init.d scripts
Optimized to best battery life and speed
Updated all apps as always
Minor fixes

Final build as it's perfect!!

[B]v5.0[/B]

Totally rebased and improved from the beginning
Virtuous kernel (v0.6) by mdj (make sure to send him a beer)
Best performance on this device until now
Removed /data/app and got back to /system/app
Updated these app's:

- Adobe Flash Player 11
- ES File Explorer
- Dropbox
- Facebook for Android
- Google Play Store
- Google+
- Maps
- Soundhound
- SuperUser
- Street View in Google Maps
- Twitter

Updated:
- Busybox Binary
- SuperSU Binary

Minor fixes

Couldn't fix Friendstream :/

[B]v4.4[/B]

Improved Wi-Fi (It's a general HTC issue)
Added /data/app and moved some app's there

Updated these app's:

- Adobe Flash Player 11
- ES File Explorer
- Dropbox
- Facebook for Android
- Google Play Store
- Google+
- Maps
- Soundhound
- SuperUser
- Twitter

Updated:
- Busybox Binary
- SuperSU Binary

Removed some tweaks which might cause problem's
Debloated a lot
Improved here and there

[B]v4.3[/B]

Best build until now
Fixed root issue, finally :D
Fixed car app, finally :D

[B]v4.2[/B]

Fixed that they are not all language's
Other fixes
Improvement's in battery
Speed fixes

[B]v4.1[/B]

Fixed SuperUser issue
Optimized a bit

Wipe is highly recommended!

[B]v4.0[/B]

Based on 1.78
Improved a lot
Removed all visible tweaks and added tweak package
Some graphic fixes
Other basic stuff

[B]v3.1[/B]

Fixed everything
Rebased on 1.70

[B]v3.0[/B]

[I]he_stheone64 version because of his much appreciated help!!![/I]

Added 1% by he_stheone64
Removed 3-dot menu by he_stheone64
Added APM (advanced power menu) by he_stheone64
Added battery tweaks
Added Wi-Fi / 3G tweaks for better signal
A lot of other stuff!

[B]v2.0[/B]

Based on 1.78 Update
Tweaked a lot
Improved battery life :)
other basic stuff like .apk's updating

[B]v1.0[/B]

Release

If you want to support me and show the people that you are using my ROM, feel free to use one of these banner's in your signature!
I would appreciate it.

Just use it like that:

Thanks to DroidXAce for creating them for me!

Last edited:

encho

Jul 10, 2010
Sounds great so far. I would like to see volume wake function or even softkeys swipe wake, like they have on Sensation.

Hope you keep up your work.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

shinkinrui

Oct 8, 2009
Thank you for this ROM, optimized Sense is exactly what I want on this phone. Unfortunately, Wifi calling is an absolute necessity for me, so I'll have to wait until some Tmo US-based ROMs come out. Keep up the great work though!

cbetso

Jul 13, 2008
It dont really matter to me. I will still download it and give it a try and report back if i have any problem. Thanks for the rom.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Proudly present you TrickDroid for the HTC One S

trennstrich.png

ROMbanner.png

trennstrich.png

ROMDetails.png

This ROM is based on the HTC Europe and works on every One S with S4 processor!

• Rooted with SuperSU
    • Deodexed
    • Zipaligned
    • UI Optimization
    • Unsecured boot.img
    • Newest BusyBox
    • Excellent battery life
    • GPU UI Rendering
    • RAM Optimization
    • sysro/sysrw permission
    • Better CPU Performance
    • init.d scripts support
    • Improved EXT4 System
    • Removed 3-dot menu by blubbers
    • Removed bloatware
    • Custom Bootanimation
    • 1% stock battery
    • Advanced Power Menu
    • Extended Quick Settings
    • Many other tweaks!

trennstrich.png

Requirements.png

• Unlocked Bootloader
    • TWRP/CWM Recovery (or any other which works)

trennstrich.png

Installation.png

• Download ROM
    • Copy ROM to your sdcard
    • Fullwipe (data and cache)
    • Flash the ROM
    • Reboot into bootloader
    • Go into fastboot mode
    • fastboot flash boot boot.img
    • fastboot erase cache
    • Reboot
    • Enjoy

• Known solutions for cache issues:

Flow-Wolf made a video how to install a ROM with the boot.img, just look here! and you will also find a review of this ROM there!

Downloads.png

Before downloading it would be nice to visit my rootzwiki thread and leave a nice comment and rep there, so you could give me something back with this gesture.- Thanks!

trennstrich.png

There is and will not be a tweak package for Jelly Bean!

trennstrich.png

Credits.png

• he_stheone64- for APM mod and his help
    • DroidXAce- for the graphics
    • Football- for the RUUs
    • Team Venom- for being supportive

trennstrich.png

Hitting the thanks button and rating 5 stars would motivate me to continue! So please do the two click's if you download.
    A small donation is highly appreciated!
    TrickDroid Tweaks

TweakPackage.png

General Information:

The base ROM is close to stock with additional permance and battery tweaks. The tweak package adds user configurable mods in an easy to use AROMA Installer. TrickDroid means YOU have the choice, which tweaks are important on your device. The Tweaks Installer also offers you the choice to return to stock for individual mods anytime you want.

Many thanks to he_stheone64 for creating this tweaks add-on!
    Includes:

All tweaks are user configurable - YOU decide what you need and what you don`t

How to apply

Just flash in recovery, Aroma Installer will start automatically and you can check in the UI, what you want to add or what you like to remove. Simple as that...

Mods

• Auto Brightness
    • Custom bootanimation
    • Dark HTC bootanimation
    • Extende Quick settings with tabbed UI, white ICS icons and MIUI bottom bar
    • 1% Circle battery
    • 1% Stock battery
    • MIUI battery
    • Remove 3-dot menu
    • SuperSmooth Rosie and 6x5 appdrawer
    • SuperSmooth Rosie and standard appdrawer
    • SuperSmooth Rosie 6x5 and custom background
    • SuperSmooth Rosie and custom background
    • Flat Dialer - NEW
    • Square HTC keyboard - NEW
    • Jellybean Bootanimation - NEW
    • Jellybean Play Music - NEW
    • Tweaks app - thx to j4n87
    • New clock options incl. center and custom color
    • User configurable Homescreen Rotation
    • AOSP Lockscreen
    • User configurable Longpress action
    • Different overscroll colors
    • Different Auto Brightness steps

AOSP inverted apps

• Google Reader Inverted
    • Calendar Inverted
    • Contacts AOSP Inverted
    • Email AOSP Inverted
    • Gallery AOSP Inverted
    • Gmail Inverted
    • MMS AOSP Inverted
    • Google+ Inverted
    • Talk Inverted
    • Play Store Inverted
    • YouTube Inverted

Restore mods to stock

• Restore APM
    • Restore stock menu
    • Restore stock Rosie
    • Restore stock Calendar
    • Restore stock Gmail
    • Restore stock Google+
    • Restore stock Talk
    • Restore Play Store
    • Restore YouTube
    • Restore Dialer
    • Restore HTC keyboard

Install Custom Fonts:

• Windows Phone Font
    • Xperia S Font
    • Stock Font
    • Comfortaa Font - NEW
    • Helvetica Font - NEW
    • Lato Font - NEW
    • Nokia Pure Font - NEW
    • Ubuntu Light Font - NEW
    • Walkway Font - NEW

Remove Stuff

• Remove Flickr support
    • Remove the boot sound
    • Remove Facebook
    • Remove Gmail
    • Remove Twitter
    • Remove Books
    • Remove HTC Skins
    • Remove Genie Widget
    • Remove HTC Feedback
    • Remove HTC Store
    • Remove Movie Editor
    • Remove Google+
    • Remove Show Me
    • Remove Teeter
    • Remove TuneIn
    • Remove AOSP Email
    • Remove AOSP Gallery
    • Remove AOSP Contacts
    • Remove AOSP MMS
    • Remove Talk
    • Remove 7Digital - NEW
    • Remove SoundHound - NEW
    • Remove MyHTC - NEW
    • Remove Dropbox - NEW
    • Remove Polaris Ofiice - NEW
    • Remove HTC Skins - NEW
    • Remove Live Wallpaper - NEW

Screenshots of available fonts: - thx to v3n3

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=27746737&postcount=1826

Downloads.png

How to install Video - thx to flow-wolf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yas9tK6GWD8

Update TrickDroid Tweaks 03. & 04.07. for 1.78 Base - Please don`t flash framework tweaks like APM, AutoBrightness or Menu Mods on 2.21 base (TD 6.x)

Credits: j4n87 for original tweaks and LeeDroid for being the first to port it to One S

Changelog:

• Jellybean Play Music

Note: PLEASE don`t complain "I dont find ears in my app drawer" - Google ears is a widget and it`s bloody fast :p

Download:

http://d-h.st/lu3

Note: Not all tweak options are activated in framework (for example APM options, I left existing APM in framework)

If you flash the new TrickDroid tweaks app - please note that in order to maximize the amount of working tweaks via the new app , you also need to flash Menu & APM, one of the EQS versions and one of the Rotating Rosie options in Aroma Installer. Also note, that link to tweak app in statusbar will only appear, after you first reordered toggles in TrickDroid tweaks app.

Known solutions for cache issues:

• If you have other strange issues, that are not directly related to the flashed tweaks, please reboot in recovery first and wipe cache, before you report any issues in the thread.

New Tweaks for TrickDroid 7.x EU version (based on 2.21 Update)

Good to know:

Menu mods are not necessary with the new base, HTC built these in finally
    EQS mods from old 1.78 tweaks do still work, if you need them
    You can use Tweaks app and EQS mods from old 1.78 base, but only statusbar mods (EQS, MIUI) are supported.
    Rosie Mods from 1.78 do still work on new base

Mods

• Auto Brightness
    • APM
    • Custom bootanimation
    • Dark HTC bootanimation
    • 1% Circle battery
    • 1% Stock battery
    • Remove 3-dot menu
    • Square HTC keyboard
    • Jellybean Play Music
    • Jellybean Play Store
    • Xperia S gallery
    • Google Now

AOSP inverted apps

• Google Reader Inverted
    • Calendar Inverted
    • Contacts AOSP Inverted
    • Email AOSP Inverted
    • Gallery AOSP Inverted
    • Gmail Inverted
    • MMS AOSP Inverted
    • Google+ Inverted
    • Talk Inverted
    • Play Store Inverted
    • YouTube Inverted

Restore mods to stock

• Restore APM
    • Restore stock menu
    • Restore stock Rosie
    • Restore stock Calendar
    • Restore stock Gmail
    • Restore stock Google+
    • Restore stock Talk
    • Restore Play Store
    • Restore YouTube
    • Restore Dialer
    • Restore HTC keyboard
    • Restore APM
    • Restore stocj Statusbar
    • Restore stock Rosie

Install Custom Fonts:

• Windows Phone Font
    • Xperia S Font
    • Stock Font
    • Comfortaa Font
    • Helvetica Font
    • Lato Font
    • Nokia Pure Font
    • Ubuntu Light Font
    • Walkway Font

Remove Stuff

• Remove Flickr support
    • Remove the boot sound
    • Remove Facebook
    • Remove Gmail
    • Remove Twitter
    • Remove Books
    • Remove HTC Skins
    • Remove Genie Widget
    • Remove HTC Feedback
    • Remove HTC Store
    • Remove Movie Editor
    • Remove Google+
    • Remove Show Me
    • Remove Teeter
    • Remove TuneIn
    • Remove AOSP Email
    • Remove AOSP Gallery
    • Remove AOSP Contacts
    • Remove AOSP MMS
    • Remove Talk
    • Remove 7Digital
    • Remove SoundHound
    • Remove MyHTC
    • Remove Dropbox
    • Remove Polaris Office
    • Remove HTC Skins
    • Remove Live Wallpaper

Tweak Package for TD 7.x - Update 12.08.:

Credits: mikeyxda for original Google Now port
    Credits: DroidXAce for Jellybean Bootanimation

Changelog:

• Xperia S gallery - includes cool pinch & zoom gestures for preview size and geo location map view
    • Google Now - this should be self explanatory :laugh:
    • Fixed script for deletion of dropbox, facebook and g+ (now in data/app)

P.S. Please don`t ask here how Google Now works, there is plenty of stuff about it all over the web, thx...

Please remember - make a nandroid, especially if you are not sure whether you want to keep Google Now (I`m sure anyway...)

Download

http://d-h.st/BDr

Tweaks.png
    FAQ

Q. I just installed this ROM and it looks identical to stock! Torxx, you ripped me off, this isn’t a custom ROM at all!
    A. Not all ROMs have different themes, launchers, or are based off CM. This ROM is dedicated to maintaining the stock feel for those who like their phone but hated all the bloat and wanted a clean, lighter rom with better battery life and more customization options. If you are expecting 20 home screens and JB graphics, feel free to install another ROM, but this is not what Trickdroid is meant to offer.

Q. What’s the difference between the T-Mobile version and the Regular version?
    A. The regular version is based off of the latest 2.21 base (Android 4.0.4) from HTC and has several changes from HTC themselves that improves the user experience. The T-Mobile version is based off the TMOB RUU which is on the 1.84 base (Android 4.0.3). Anyone with an S4 processor based One S can install either, but the regular version will lack wifi calling for T-Mobile users. Other than that, there is no other downside to using the regular version on T-Mobile. Wifi calling is the only difference.

Keep in mind that because of the different bases being used for the two versions, they have different tweak packages as well.

Do not use this ROM if you have an S3 processor based One S

Q. Okay, I’ve installed Trickdroid but I don’t see any of the customizations on the list! Torxx, you ripped me off again!
    A. The ROM itself is meant to be as clean and close to stock as possible. The tweaks are available with the tweaks package. After you flash the ROM, boot it up and then reboot into recovery and flash the tweaks package. An installer will popup and you can choose what tweaks you want.

Q. What do all the mods do? I'm not sure what to flash :(
    A.
    • Auto Brightness
      The stock HTC auto-brightness settings are a little generous and tend to be a little TOO bright when they shouldn't need to be. This mod will lower the brightness of the display to help save battery.
      APM stands for Advanced Power Menu. It adds additional features to the power menu (when you hold power) such as volume settings, toggles for mobile network and airplane mode, as well giving you more options for restarting (normal, hot restart, bootloader, recovery). This also includes the auto brightness patch.
    • APM
      See above. This does not contain the auto brightness patch. If you want both, install the above option.
    • Custom bootanimation
      Replaces the stock HTC One S boot animation with a Trickdroid one :)
    • Dark HTC bootanimation
      Replaces the stock HTC One S white boot animation with the exact same one, only with a black background. One you go black...
    • 1% Circle battery
      Replaces the battery indicator on the notification bar with a circle that has numbers inside of it. The numbers indicate battery percentage and the circle depletes/disappears as the battery drains.
    • 1% Stock battery
      Adds little numbers into the stock battery indicator on the notification bar to indicate percentage.
      Extended Quick Settings, otherwise known as EQS, adds a menu with toggles for system functions (such as wifi, volume modes, mobile network, and many more) into your notification menu. These are available when you press on your carrier name. It also adds the 1% stock battery patch above.
      Same as above but instead of the 1% stock battery, you will have the 1% circle battery.
      Same as above but your entire notification bar will be replaced with the ICS style status bar, which does not have the 3D effect and is just a flat bar with the ICS "roboto" font.
      Another extended quick settings style, but instead of pressing the carrier name to get to the quick settings, there are tabs at the bottom (ala HTC Sense 3.0) that let you switch between notifications and settings. This has a 1% battery notification patch but it does not look like the stock. It is similar, but does not use the default icon.
      See above, but with the circle battery included instead.
      See above, but it will use an ICS style top bar with ICS icons, and the battery notification icon will be replaced with a thin bar right below the notification bar that indicates battery remaining.
      Gives you a 6x5 layout for icons on your homescreens. It also allows you to add custom backgrounds to your app drawer(correct me if I'm wrong please, I've never used this feature...). Requires tweak app from old package.
      See above, just without the 6x5 layout.
    • Square HTC keyboard
      On the stock Sense 4.0 keyboard, the keys will have their rounded edges changed to square edges.
      Replace the stock HTC One S boot animation with the Jellybean one.
    • Jellybean Play Music
      Replaces the Play Music app with the Jellybean one.
    • Jellybean Play Store
      Replaces the Play Store app with the Jellybean one.
      Gives you the Jellybean Ears music search widget.

Q. Where’s the “Remove 3-dot menu?” YOU HAD ONE JOB, TORXX and H_STHEONE64! ONE JOB!
    A. This question is asked over and over. Previously, remove 3-dot menu had to be a patch but HTC has included it in the ROM natively since moving to Android 4.0.4. This ROM is now based off this base and thus you can find the option to remove the 3-dot menu in Settings>Display, Gestures, & Buttons>Recent Apps Button

Q. My HTC Widgets are all gone! What did I do wrong?
    A. You haven’t done anything wrong, this occurs sporadically to random people. To get your widgets back, go to Settings>Apps>All>HTC Sense and tap the “Clear Data” option. Or alternatively, you can reboot into recovery and clear cache/dalvik cache as your first try for when anything goes wrong. Usually something left over in the cache can cause random errors. It’s harmless to try so please do that first.

Q. I’m using TWRP to flash and my phone is stuck at the HTC logo. How come?
    A. Relying on TWRP to flash the boot.img is not reliable. Please use the Boot_flash_script to flash the boot.img or do it yourself in fastboot. Having an incompatible boot.img is the common reason for being stuck at the boot logo.

Q. I’m confused as to which Tweak package to install. There’s so many links and versions of the tweak package.
    A. Install this one: http://d-h.st/BDr

This is the latest tweak package and is at the end of the tweak package post. Any tweaks in this package are guaranteed to work. The old tweak package (http://d-h.st/lu3) is still available because people wanted access to the Trickdroid Tweaks App, which is no longer offered because the whole tweak package has been over-hauled and a lot of the options in that app no longer apply. There are some things people want to use though (autobrightness control for example).

If you are going to use the old tweak package, do not install anything but the tweaks app as the framework has changed since that tweak package was offered (hence why a new package is used). Any tweaks that alter the framework from the old package will cause boot loops.

Q. I've flashed the tweak package and now my phone is stuck on the boot screen! Help!
    A. You completely skipped the last question didn't you? You are stuck in the boot screen because you have flashed a tweak that contains a framework change for the wrong base. If you are using this ROM (Regular version) then use the latest tweak package for v6/v7. If you are using the TMOB version, use the old tweak package for v5.

Go back to recovery(power+volume down), restore your nandroid backup (or if you didn't make a backup, sorry but you'll have to wipe data/cache/dalvik and reflash the rom) and install the proper tweak package.

Q. Whenever I send an SMS, my network signal will drop and the message won’t send.
    A. Reboot to recovery, clear cache/dalvik cache.

Q. I’m getting G for my signal! How come I’m only getting GPRS instead of 3G or HSPA+?
    A. This is a problem in HTC’s handy work. There are cases being reported where people are getting the G symbol instead of 3G or H but if you do a test with a speed test app, you’ll see that you’re still getting HSPA+ speeds. The symbol is not an effective method of determining network speed. For the time being, just assume G stands for Great!

Q. Does this ROM come with the latest radio?
    A. No it does not come with the latest radio. For those with HBoot of 1.13, we cannot flash radios and we must apply SuperCID and then OTA to the 2.21 base to get the latest radio.
    Those on HBoot lower than 1.13 can flash this for the new radio: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zvi1a70n41yy2ri/radio_OTA_19072012.zip
    This radio can be used by both T-Mobile users and the rest of the world. Yes, Americans are special. Radio is separate from the ROM, so if you have an older radio and are afraid to SuperCID and OTA, don’t worry, the ROM will work the same way.

Q. How come there’s no more screenshot option in the APM tweak?
    A. It hasn’t been implemented properly yet, the tweaks are still being worked on. For the time being, use the HTC method: Power button + Home at the same time.

I'm going to update this FAQ as I see common questions being asked.
    Changelog.png

Code:
    [B]v7.1.0[/B]

Totally rebased on the new RUU from Football (2.21.401.10)
    Removed some things which are running in the background to improve battery life
    Adobe Flash Player
    ES File Explorer
    Dropbox
    Facebook for Android
    Google Play Store
    Google+
    Maps
    Soundhound
    SuperUser
    Twitter
    Busybox Binary
    SuperSU Binary

[B]v7.0.0[/B]

New boot.img (props NRGZ28)
    Fixed that init.d scripts are not running
    Improved battery life a lot by removing some crap
    Added all languages which are available
    Adobe Flash Player
    ES File Explorer
    Dropbox
    Facebook for Android
    Google Play Store
    Google+
    Maps
    Soundhound
    SuperUser
    Twitter
    Busybox Binary
    SuperSU Binary

[B]v6.0.0[/B]

Changelog:

New base: 2.21.401.10 (Android 4.0.4)
    Build from scratch
    New boot.img
    Debloated
    EA Games by HTC (get a free game)
    Adobe Flash Player
    ES File Explorer
    Dropbox
    Facebook for Android
    Google Play Store
    Google+
    Maps
    Soundhound
    SuperUser
    Twitter
    Busybox Binary
    SuperSU Binary
    Best battery life

[b]v5.2.0[/b]

Went back to stock kernel, stock modules and stock thermald.conf
    Debloated
    Adobe Flash Player
    ES File Explorer
    Dropbox
    Facebook for Android
    Google Play Store
    Google+
    Maps
    Soundhound
    SuperUser
    Twitter
    Busybox Binary
    SuperSU Binary
    Created /data/app again
    Moved these apps to there:
    Adobe Flash Player
    ES File Explorer
    Dropbox
    Facebook for Android
    Google+
    Maps
    Twitter
    Removed two init.d scripts which caused issues
    Removed to files from xbin which caused issues as well
    Improved performance a lot
    Best battery life

[B]v5.1.0[/B]

Fixed Friendstream finally ([B]iB4STiD [/B], thanks)
    Fixed some app crashes
    New init.d scripts
    Optimized to best battery life and speed
    Updated all apps as always
    Minor fixes

Final build as it's perfect!!

[B]v5.0[/B]

Totally rebased and improved from the beginning
    Virtuous kernel (v0.6) by mdj (make sure to send him a beer)
    Best performance on this device until now
    Removed /data/app and got back to /system/app
    Updated these app's:

- Adobe Flash Player 11
    - ES File Explorer
    - Dropbox
    - Facebook for Android
    - Google Play Store
    - Google+
    - Maps
    - Soundhound
    - SuperUser
    - Twitter

Updated:
    - Busybox Binary
    - SuperSU Binary

Minor fixes

Couldn't fix Friendstream :/

[B]v4.4[/B]

Improved Wi-Fi (It's a general HTC issue)
    Added /data/app and moved some app's there

Updated these app's:

- Adobe Flash Player 11
    - ES File Explorer
    - Dropbox
    - Facebook for Android
    - Google Play Store
    - Google+
    - Maps
    - Soundhound
    - SuperUser
    - Twitter

Updated:
    - Busybox Binary
    - SuperSU Binary

Removed some tweaks which might cause problem's
    Debloated a lot
    Improved here and there

[B]v4.3[/B]

Best build until now
    Fixed root issue, finally :D
    Fixed car app, finally :D

[B]v4.2[/B]

Fixed that they are not all language's
    Other fixes
    Improvement's in battery
    Speed fixes

[B]v4.1[/B]

Fixed SuperUser issue
    Optimized a bit

Wipe is highly recommended!

[B]v4.0[/B]

Based on 1.78
    Improved a lot
    Removed all visible tweaks and added tweak package
    Some graphic fixes
    Other basic stuff

[B]v3.1[/B]

Fixed everything
    Rebased on 1.70

[B]v3.0[/B]

[I]he_stheone64 version because of his much appreciated help!!![/I]

Added 1% by he_stheone64
    Removed 3-dot menu by he_stheone64
    Added APM (advanced power menu) by he_stheone64
    Added battery tweaks
    Added Wi-Fi / 3G tweaks for better signal
    A lot of other stuff!

[B]v2.0[/B]

Based on 1.78 Update
    Tweaked a lot
    Improved battery life :)
    other basic stuff like .apk's updating

[B]v1.0[/B]

Release

If you want to support me and show the people that you are using my ROM, feel free to use one of these banner's in your signature!
    I would appreciate it.

Just use it like that:

Thanks to DroidXAce for creating them for me!
    any Ville C2 users want Sense 4.1 and tweak package ported?

Will think about it if there are enough users