[DL][OTA][ROOT] 4.1.2 update

Search This thread

MC153

Apr 11, 2012
Northern, Utah
But it only says apply over adb

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium HD app

Well that's as far as I can go. I flashed the update with CWM. Try using apply over adb. Also try renaming it update.zip and put it into the root of the SD card. I'm not to familiar with stock recovery. If you have stock recovery just do system update from settings, it should work if your on stock. After all that's what it's used for.

Sent from my EPAD using Tapatalk 2

lammy29

Jan 20, 2012
Updated but lost root, redid it with one click method.

After it seemed to lag, so reboot into recovery and wiped cache and rebooted and seemed to do the trick

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
If you didn't get the OTA update file, you can't install via stock recovery. You have to flash CWM or wait to get the OTA. There is a way to temp install CWM to install the update if that's what you guys want I can post instructions :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Jan 29, 2010
Update fails: "set_perm some changes failed"

Hitting a roadblock trying to flash JRN84D-->JRO03C in CWM.

Gets most of the way done then aborts:

Unpacking new files...
Unpacking new recovery...
Symlinks and permissions....
set_perm: some changes failed
E: Error in <filename>
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Looked around a bunch and am stumped. Any help would be heartily appreciated. Thnx.

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
Hitting a roadblock trying to flash JRN84D-->JRO03C in CWM.

Gets most of the way done then aborts:

Unpacking new files...
Unpacking new recovery...
Symlinks and permissions....
set_perm: some changes failed
E: Error in <filename>
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Looked around a bunch and am stumped. Any help would be heartily appreciated. Thnx.

Your phone isn't completely stock

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: ElectronikBrain
Jan 29, 2010
Guess it wasn't as stock as I thought. I reverted completely to stock and was able to flash via Nexus Root Toolkit using Temp CWM. Got the C to D update upon reboot. Thank you and thanks to WugFresh for his really nice toolkit.

sc2tltl

Jun 13, 2012
If we're on 4.1, unlocked and rooted, and have the OTA in our notification bar, will it work if we accept the update through that? Will we need OTA RootKeeper, or can we apply the OTA and then reflash SuperSU?

Last edited:

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
If we're on 4.1, unlocked and rooted, and have the OTA in our notification bar, will it work if we accept the update through that? I'm guessing we'll need OTA RootKeeper?

That's correct

Guess it wasn't as stock as I thought. I reverted completely to stock and was able to flash via Nexus Root Toolkit using Temp CWM. Got the C to D update upon reboot. Thank you and thanks to WugFresh for his really nice toolkit.

Yea, that's what I was going to post about using temp CWM a few posts earlier. Glad you got it working now :)

joshtb86

Apr 17, 2011
Google Pixel 7 Pro
got this error trying to flash through twrp and cwm. Also can't do ota

verifying current systme
assert failed : apply_patch_check ("/system/app/googleservicesframework.apkl" "a bunch of #s and letters," "another bunch of #s and letters"
E: error in /sdcard/download/the image im trying to flash
(status 7)
installation aborted

anyone have any advice? this sucks.

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
got this error trying to flash through twrp and cwm. Also can't do ota

verifying current systme
assert failed : apply_patch_check ("/system/app/googleservicesframework.apkl" "a bunch of #s and letters," "another bunch of #s and letters"
E: error in /sdcard/download/the image im trying to flash
(status 7)
installation aborted

anyone have any advice? this sucks.

Again, you're not completely stock...if you have changed ANYTHING in the /system folder or build.prop the update will always fail.

Reactions: joshtb86

WinDroidGuy

Jun 23, 2012
Seattle
www.youtube.com
Only change I made was lcd density. Changed it back and still was unable. Does this mean also I have to be unrooted and re locked to flash these updates?

You can be rooted and unlocked, do you have CWM installed? What is your LCD density right now? The stock is 213...try changing it to that, reboot and then try the update...tell me if you get any errors

Reactions: joshtb86

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Removed all my Dropbox links because they disabled my account due to too much traffic, if you guys want them back please consider donating a buck or two for a Mediafire Pro account...
    Here is the download, use Voodo OTA to keep root, apply via stock recovery or CWM...if using CWM make sure you turn signature verification off

mirror JRO03C-from-JRN84D

mirror JRO03D-from-JRO03C

update from 10/09/2012, apply the same as you did the last update

mirror JZO54K-from-JRO03D

mirrors thanks to dapezboy

also added a donate link to me since a lot of people have asked about it and also hopefully to fund a Mediafire account, it keeps getting too much traffic and shutting down my Dropbox links :(...find it under my username on the left :)

vPTgF.jpg
    This is what I did to get a completely clean install of 4.1.2 with root. I had been meaning to completely wipe the device and start fresh so this was the perfect opportunity.

1. Copied all data I wanted from sdcard to my PC.
    2. fastboot oem lock/fastboot oem unlock.
    3. Flashed stock image as described here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1781250
    4. Rebooted, synched things up, then flashed the official 4.1.2 update using adb sideload in stock recovery as described here: http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/1...d-4-1-2-jzo54k-with-stock-or-custom-recovery/
    5. Flashed twrp recovery using "fastboot flash recovery recoveryfilename.img". File here: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2/103
    6. Then booted directly in twrp, changed the stock recovery overwrite file mentioned in the twrp instructions, and flashed SuperSU 0.96 found here: http://download.chainfire.eu/212/SuperSU/CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip
    7. Selectively copied back my backed up data, with the titamium pro licence text file and tb folder being the most important.
    8. Restored apps with titanium backup.
    I'm on stock and rooted JRO03D and I'd apply new stock update 4.1.2 posted in OP, but since some users can't use cwm anymore after update I think I'll wait until someone finds a solution..

Inviato dal mio Nexus 7 con Tapatalk 2
    ./adb reboot bootloader
    ./fastboot flash recovery recovery-clockwork-6.0.1.0-grouper.img
    ./fastboot reboot

Go upgrade.
    I finally got around to upgrading to 4.1.2 on my rooted Nexus 7 with clockwork mod installed when I received the OTA this morning. Reverted back to 213 DPI from 160, and used root keeper, to preserve root but clockworkmod aborted with error 7 when flashing the zip. This appeared to be due to a checksum difference between the installed plusone.apk and that expected by the update install script. The web is full suggestions this is due to a bad 4.1.2 zip file, but as the link below suggests if any of the system apk files have been modified an error 7 could/will occur.

Just in case any one experiences the same problem try downloading the modified zip from the link, which work for me and saved me reverting to stock, and left all my apps installed, after the upgrade.

http://androidforums.com/nexus-7-all-things-root/630284-4-1-2-update-rooted-users.html

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    added newest update from today to the OP :)