[ROM][JB] Team EOS 3 *JELLYBEAN* Nightlies - TF201

Search This thread

michi_1983

Jun 3, 2008
Vienna
awesome rom so far.
what I don't get though:
why does play store say that my device is not compatible with flash player anymore?
I know that flash player isn't supported anymore with jelly bean but I also have 4.1.1 on my gnex and flash player works without problems.

how comes that?

greetz

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

cam30era

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 20, 2010
Columbus, Indiana
I am having one strange symptom on CM10 and EOS jelly bean: After a couple of minutes swiping starts to lag and screens will no longer move when touching the edge. Strange that this only happens on jelly bean ROMs on my TFP.
Seems to happen when downloading apps or moving apps on home screens. Reboot and it's OK until I do something with apps again.
Coming from AndroWook 2.1. Did a full wipe and clean install via twrp 2.2 for both CM10 and EOS jb. Any help appreciated.

Last edited:

sbeanie

Oct 22, 2011
After testing both CM10 and EOS, I have to say that at the moment I'm leaning towards CM10. This is down to the fact that I found a bug in EOS that caused music to speed up when CPU intensive applications were running (installing apps in the play store + playing music = no go). Not sure if I had a bad install or not, but I need my music. :/

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
awesome rom so far.
what I don't get though:
why does play store say that my device is not compatible with flash player anymore?
I know that flash player isn't supported anymore with jelly bean but I also have 4.1.1 on my gnex and flash player works without problems.

how comes that?

greetz

flash will not be available to download on any jellybean device adobe isn't supporting it. however, it does work when sideloaded.

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
It's really a good first shot, clearly usable as daily driver for me. Even keyboard localization works fine !!

I'll run it for a few days at least !!

Striatum_bdr

May 29, 2011
Marseille
awesome rom so far.
what I don't get though:

how comes that?

greetz

Flah player must be either restored from backup (titanium) or downloaded out of google play.

Adobe anounced that they won't release a JB version, saying HTML5 is enough..

Works fine here, restored from TiBu backup.

Epedemic

Apr 4, 2007
Slight issue: When streaming music in spotify and the screen goes off, music starts skipping after some time (seems random, sometimes seconds, sometimes minutes)... No problem with local files (in spotify) and no problems if screen is on. Wifi is set to never turn off.

Hm, it is apparantly just when playing to a bluetooth headset. Same scenario works without problems on aokp. Oh well ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: mibo666

mbucks911

Nov 24, 2011
Washington DC
i am just getting a chain of errors that say "unfortunately, google search has stopped." anyone else getting this? i followed his directions and tried reflashing, no luck

anoneemooz

Aug 17, 2010
San Juan
i am just getting a chain of errors that say "unfortunately, google search has stopped." anyone else getting this? i followed his directions and tried reflashing, no luck

There aren't many pages in this thread for you not to be able to find the solution...

If you clear data for Google Search and then go through the wizard again selection 'No, maybe later' at the end the search works but minus Google Cards. We will have this fixed in due course.

In other news...

Woops just experienced the disappearing lockscreen bug mentioned earlier lol

Last edited:

anoneemooz

Aug 17, 2010
San Juan
We are working on the HW Video decoding issue and that will fix the Camera as well.

If you clear data for Google Search and then go through the wizard again selection 'No, maybe later' at the end the search works but minus Google Cards. We will have this fixed in due course.

Does this ROM have the IPS+ option like the stock ROM?

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

IPS+ = max brightness which this and any ROM is capable of. They just don't put a fancy name on it :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team EOS​
    JB 4.1.1 TF201​
    NIGHTLIES​

Continuing on from the success of the EOS ICS roms, we present to you EOS3, based on JELLYBEAN!

It is the goal of Team EOS to develop and maintain the highest performing and most stable AOSP based rom for an array of platforms. For the latest news on Team EOS releases make sure you follow @teameos on twitter and on IRC on Freenode in #teameos.

--
    NOTE: Team EOS, it’s members, friends, dogs, cats, and associates are in no way responsible for any loss of data or device functionality. Use this at your own risk!
    --

A quick note on Nightlies: NIGHTLIES ARE DEVELOPMENT BUILDS. They are automatically generated every now and then, and represent the compilation of the latest commits to the code repository. While every effort is made ensure that the commits that are accepted are stable and do not have a negative impact to the overall performance and function of the builds it is not possible to test every aspect of a commits impact to the overall repo prior to it’s inclusion in a given build. As a result it is entirely possible that instabilities may be introduced as a result of a given days commits. That is the nature of the nightly system, and the risk that is taken using the latest code changes to the project.

EOS is an AOSP based rom. It is developed and maintained by Team EOS and is the culmination of our own in house development efforts.

Team EOS Nightly builds: http://goo-inside.me/devs/teameos/roms/eos3/nightlies/tf201/

G-Apps Package
    Because this is an AOSP based rom Google Apps are not included in the base rom. To install Google Apps please flash the following package after installing the base rom:

Temporary Gapps package gapps
    --
    Features:
    Because these are nightly builds the included features are constantly evolving, we do not provide a change log manually. Instead please see the changes on jenkins for your build.
    For the most up to date and comprehensive listing of the changes included in this rom please visit http://review.teameos.org

Kernel:
    Kernel Note: This rom is currently using the stock kernel, so you can find the sources from aosp.

--

Installation Notes:
    These builds are designed to be installed from your favorite recovery.
    Perform a full wipe (read Factory Reset) prior to installing this over ANY ICS or JB based rom.

BUGS!
    If you find strange or otherwise unexplained errors please report them here: https://bugs.teameos.org/ Please include logcats and as thorough a description of the issue and what lead up to the issue as possible. With out this we will be unable to track down these errors.

Want to contribute to the Eos rom? Well you can!
    Just follow http://teameos.org/?page_id=6 to checkout our source code, and information on how to submit changes for review.

---

Enabling voice search in google now

1. Go into Settings
    2. Go to "Language & input"
    3. Scroll down to "Speech" and click on "Voice Search"
    4. Click on "Download offline speech recognition"
    5. Swipe Across to the "ALL" tab if needed
    6. Download your speech pack for your language
    GAPPS Update

gapps-jb-20120722-eos-signed.zip

Changes:

- Included libvorbisencoder.so for music recognition
    - Included GmsCore.apk
    - If you push a Wallet.apk to /system/app it won't be removed from now on.
    - Remove the /system/etc/g.prop file if it exists, so you won't get gapps package update notifications.
    Here is what I am aware of that has still to be fixed. I'll add to it once I've went through the bugtracker.

GPS / GPS Dongle
    Face Unlock
    Audio is a bit wonky

Significant changes in the last build:
    Full dock support including keyboard layout selector.
    Google Search no longer crashes.
    Screen now turns off when the lid is closed on the dock.
    Smart covers now switch off the screen.
    Location is reported correctly via wifi.
    Screen no longer rotates when docked.

Credits:
    The rest of Team EOS.
    AndroidRoot esp. RaYmAn and Bumble-Bee for helping with the device tree in particular with sound. (Also for all the other great work AndroidRoot have done with this device).
    aremcee (Ricardo Cerqueira) of Cyanogenmod for fixing the OMX issues. (Camera/YouTube)
    Everyone else who provided feedback.
    Pretty damn cool, but it seems like youtube HD videos are not working? Normal vids work fine...

In CM10 youtube HD is working, but my sdcard isn't (and there are some other issues i
    n that one).

And wrt camera, not working indeed... Also tried installing LGCamera but I only get a black viewer when opening it (ie, not the image from the camera which you usually get). Then again, don't use it that often anyway...

HD video/youtube would be sweet though.

We are working on the HW Video decoding issue and that will fix the Camera as well.

Everything was fine, then I tried to turn on Google Now, after that I just keep getting "Unfortunately, Google Search has stopped".

Seriously...I love developers so much that I donate a ton of cash, but every ROM thread really needs to include working vs. not-working sections right in the first post.

Based on the post as it is right now, I have no idea if stable vs not, no idea if fully functional vs not...really, nothing but a shot in the dark, it seems.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201