Cricket Galaxy S3 Discussion Thread

Search This thread

trill12

Jul 23, 2009
Actually. The cricket GS3 is basically the USCC GS3 with a different modem. So, they're very similar. Exactly why its in this forum.

Reactions: Sn0wflak352485

Mystikalrush

May 1, 2011
My cousin got the cricket s3, ive been helping him out, getting rooted and cwm, now just need a real ROM. I cant seem to find any dedicated places for this phone specifically, there doesnt seem to be much dev work on it either, or am i wrong?

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA
My cousin got the cricket s3, ive been helping him out, getting rooted and cwm, now just need a real ROM. I cant seem to find any dedicated places for this phone specifically, there doesnt seem to be much dev work on it either, or am i wrong?

There isn't much work on US Cellular and MetroPCS so you can expect the same for Cricket. ShabbyPenguin is being a gentleman and devoting some time. He's already started to post on CricketUsers.

I got everything working minus MMS and camera with CM10. I think others can figure out the rest.

MrPeter1985

Jul 25, 2011
Jeffersonville
infotechguru.com
Yep, wondering myself if a JB TW STOCK ROM can be put on here.

I have the S3 on VZW and Stock w/ Root w/ Touch CWM. The only issue is since this is ICS and not JB yet, NFC doesn't work. (unless its just not working) Says something about it can't handle the file size in transfer.

We got it with a rebate for $330 what about you?

kujayhawks77

Dec 25, 2010
Conroe, TX
Yep, wondering myself if a JB TW STOCK ROM can be put on here.

I have the S3 on VZW and Stock w/ Root w/ Touch CWM. The only issue is since this is ICS and not JB yet, NFC doesn't work. (unless its just not working) Says something about it can't handle the file size in transfer.

We got it with a rebate for $330 what about you?

Stock NFC can only handle small transfers like a contact card. S-Beam will allow you to transfers photos and video but of course this will only work between Samsung devices.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

MrPeter1985

Jul 25, 2011
Jeffersonville
infotechguru.com
Stock NFC as in ICS? Whats different than ICS NFC and JB NFC? Because I can transfer anything else with my phone. Like normal 8mp images between other JB S3's and Note 2 with JB.

Is JB NFC updated or advanced?

EDIT: NVM dont know why NFC worked before without sbeam, turned on sbeam a second ago and even transferred a video. :)

Last edited:

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
If you guys want official Mobile Odin support, can someone please download a copy of Mobile Odin (Free will work for this) and follow the prompts to do the dump to add? Upload that dump and link please so I can get to Chainfire.

Thanks to Shabbypenguin for his help so far on this issue. Now let's try to get it made official. Thanks!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

MassStash

Sep 26, 2008
Chicago
1) is this thread for vzw flash to cricket, or cricket s3? Found in verizon forums, part but title slightly confusing.

2)if so, anyone point me to the place for a patch/method for getting the data connection off Verizon? Flashed with talk n txt, and 3G, but still getting verizon data network instead of cricket or sprint. Has to be something I have over looked. TUI

~SGSIII'ed runnin' Task AOKP

chrisngrod

Jul 29, 2008
Des Moines, IA
I would guess because XDa doesn't support less popular carriers. Therefore people place the threads in the models which share the most similarities.

You are all welcome to post on the other forum. The grass is greener for Cricket Users :p.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

voldomart13

Dec 24, 2010
I would guess because XDa doesn't support less popular carriers. Therefore people place the threads in the models which share the most similarities.

You are all welcome to post on the other forum. The grass is greener for Cricket Users :p.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Is MMS fixed in cm10.1 m2?

ravensiege

Mar 9, 2013
Spanish Fork
ravensiege.com
Cricket SCH-R530C Original Rom

Cricket SCH-R530C Original Rom

I have the original rom for the Cricket SCH-R530C, I can’t post the URL here as this is my first post but if you need the rom let me know and I’ll email you the link to the Gdrive location.

Scott

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Actually. The cricket GS3 is basically the USCC GS3 with a different modem. So, they're very similar. Exactly why its in this forum.
    Now that my Cricket R530C 4.4.2 is Rooted, How do I add APN?
    (APN Pro Fails).

Any help will be appreciated.
    Thank you.

Fixed:
    Used APN Shortcut

Code:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mraab.apnshortcut&hl=en

Works Great!
    Anyone know of any custom kernels that will work on CM11 Android 4.4.2? I have been trying to get my SELinuxMode changed to permissive but no matter what I do it goes back to Enforcing. I have tried adding the 08setperm file in /ect/init.d after making sure I have Init.d permissions using the Universal init.d app. I also tried using the SELinuxModeChanger app.

Device: Cricket S3 SCH-R530C

Try dkp kernel, if your cricket is using the Verizon towers then you'll need dkp for d2vzw.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk