How to get simcard unlock code for galaxy s5

Search This thread

Youdoofus

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
Actually...

Very little known fact: They made an L710T that DID have a slot. Still only LTE and CDMA though so that's my fault on the GSM thing

my knowledge of the S3s has been ousted!! Is that one built for international travelers who need a sim slot?

oh, no wonder. That looks to be the boost mobile version...

so, im still correct. the Sprint S3 (L710) doesnt have an accessible sim card slot

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2015
Any progress?

I am working on a solution for this.

I have experience doing sim unlocking (I found the sim unlock method for the LG Optimus 3D).

I bought one of this phones to try to unlock it.

What I have found so far:
-The uicc unlock is preformed by Sprint OTA (over the air) by sending a network message to the phone to init the unlocking function.
-This message can be sent by generating a fake message and using a software DFS CDMA to comunicate to the device modem and generate the secuence.
-This was done to the Sprint Galaxy S4 but now Samsung implemented a signed encrypted package for the S5.
-By default, domestic networks (Tmobile and ATT) are locked even though sprint unlocks the uicc
-This can be overriden easily once we unlock the uicc

What I need to continue my search:
-a EFS and NVRAM Backup of a phone that had the uicc unlocked
-a App Log for the uicc unlocking state (a phone that is eligible for unlocking by sprint and activate the application log to monitor the unlocking process)

Any help would benefit the entire comunity.

Any progress on this projects?

Youdoofus

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 21, 2011
Sioux Falls, SD
Samsung Galaxy S9
Wait really? Do I need to PM them or something? (sorry for the potentially stupid question)

not a stupid question at all actually, but as i last read, @stifilz has since stopped unlocking phones. Feel free to contact him, but i dont know if he will anymore. @asadnow2k might still be doing it, but i dont know about him either. I do know that idoneapps.com is still providing unlocks, but still charging $35. I can say from personal experience that idoneapps.com for sure works if you follow their instructions (which arent difficult)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am working on a solution for this.

I have experience doing sim unlocking (I found the sim unlock method for the LG Optimus 3D).

I bought one of this phones to try to unlock it.

What I have found so far:
    -The uicc unlock is preformed by Sprint OTA (over the air) by sending a network message to the phone to init the unlocking function.
    -This message can be sent by generating a fake message and using a software DFS CDMA to comunicate to the device modem and generate the secuence.
    -This was done to the Sprint Galaxy S4 but now Samsung implemented a signed encrypted package for the S5.
    -By default, domestic networks (Tmobile and ATT) are locked even though sprint unlocks the uicc
    -This can be overriden easily once we unlock the uicc

What I need to continue my search:
    -a EFS and NVRAM Backup of a phone that had the uicc unlocked
    -a App Log for the uicc unlocking state (a phone that is eligible for unlocking by sprint and activate the application log to monitor the unlocking process)

Any help would benefit the entire comunity.
    I think its the same case as the s4 where the 'SIM' only serves as a card for LTE and nothing else. Also sprint is CDMA and t mobile is gsm so I assume that the phones (hard- and software wise) are going to be a little different.

Sent from my SM-G900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    The S5 has GSM capability just like the S4 and the S3 before it. The S4 *can* be SIM unlocked for GSM carriers. I assume the same is possible for the S5, but who knows whether the same method can be applied.

No according to people about note 3 the imei has to be manually unlocked in sprint system then you can do the uicc unlock from phone ... I had to talk to international customer service to get my note 3 unlocked and you can only unlock one phone per calendar year ... none of the other unlock methods worked with note 3 .. it is said to be encrypted and stored in nv ram. .. the note 3 still has not been unlocked and it's been 6 months

Sent from my SM-G900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2