Cyanogenmod for mediatek devices

35 posts
Thanks Meter: 87

By bucefal82, Member on 11th May 2013, 07:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2013, 08:27 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
hey guys I kinda ported cm7 on my mt6575 phone well I luckly got it booted up but only the thing was I was not able to go pass the lockscreen its some thing to do with some touch screen drivers only my power button worked any one know how to deal with the touch screen drivers ?

19th May 2013, 08:45 PM |#12  
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 181

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixxPl

Short update on the topic:

1. I've made working TWRP recovery for mine Star.
I had to rip it a bit (awfully small recovery partition), but it looks like it's 90-95% working, just without partitioning possibilities. (But backups/recovery of them fully works, as same as other TWRP functions, and offcourse it's all operated by touch.)

2. I've compiled CM10.1, but it doesn't start, so here there is really a lot of work in front.

Maybe its better to start with CM9 or CM10, since Mediatek (ours) does not support JellyBean 4.2 yet. So getting CM10 on it would be freaking hard.
19th May 2013, 09:06 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I also have a mtk phone, i would like to run cyanogend on it one day, iam no developer, im just gonna sit back and watch good luck
19th May 2013, 09:43 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
LPCRJ™ - Congrats! That's something, I'd say that even something really big, because noone else had even got to that point.
If you can, please share your sources (device/vendor catalogues) on github, then we'll be able to help you more

nathan-96 - Mine has got JellyBean (4.2.1), that's why i try to port the CM10.1, also I'm not sure if kernel 3.4.5 will work with CM9 and I haven't got any other to work on.
Still, mine CM isn't even going past first boot screen, even using hints from Lenovo P700 sources.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FenixxPl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift FenixxPl Ad-Free
20th May 2013, 11:24 AM |#15  
Flag The Hague
Thanks Meter: 181

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenixxPl

LPCRJ™ - Congrats! That's something, I'd say that even something really big, because noone else had even got to that point.
If you can, please share your sources (device/vendor catalogues) on github, then we'll be able to help you more

nathan-96 - Mine has got JellyBean (4.2.1), that's why i try to port the CM10.1, also I'm not sure if kernel 3.4.5 will work with CM9 and I haven't got any other to work on.
Still, mine CM isn't even going past first boot screen, even using hints from Lenovo P700 sources.

Sorry I thought you had the same mediatek processor as the op, but I read that you have one that, apperiantly, supports JellyBean 4.2. Its indeed a big step.
But we need Logcat's to see why its not passing bootscreen, because you might be closer than everyone's thinking right know.
20th May 2013, 12:32 PM |#16  
Flag Gurgaon, Haryana, India
Thanks Meter: 44

More
Xolo Q800 / Fly IQ446 / Gionee GN708W Kernel
Hi friends, I was able to get my hands on the kernel for Xolo Q800 / Fly IQ446 / Gionee GN708W Kernel which are essentially the same phone. They run JB 4.2.1 today, though the kernel is based on 4.1.2. Will this suffice or do we need anything more to get CM working.

http://yadi.sk/d/-zrdnTk_4Iy7c

All these phones are Quadcore MT6589 1.2 GHz processors with 1 GB ram and 4 GB flash. And, roms of these phones can run on each other.

Thanks
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to amardeepsingh77 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift amardeepsingh77 Ad-Free
20th May 2013, 01:49 PM |#17  

More
amardeepsingh77 - You're my god!
There is literally everything in that source, the "device" catalogue, prebuilder scripts, complete kernel sources, it's kind of unbelieveable!
Now we are possible to really get to work, not just move in the dark
20th May 2013, 02:19 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 169

More
yo guys I was trying to port cm7 but I really wanted to port cm9 so I left porting cm7 because my phone is already running gingerbread here is a thread I found http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2246892 he have actually ported cm9 to mt6575 processor phone though I don't have this phone but I think porting to other mtk phone might become easy using his ways I flashed it on my phone but I had a bootloop I try editing stuff but no success. thanks to PdroidAndroid
The Following User Says Thank You to Xado For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xado Ad-Free
20th May 2013, 03:18 PM |#19  
OP Member
Flag Ryazan

More
Quote:

Google translate

It seems to me that for a start, and 9 will do.
For at least that is what I can bude customize.
Yes and no need for the device in 512 MB, 4.2.

Also, can anyone have an idea for $ agree to help?

Quote:

Original

Мне кажется что для начала и 9 сойдёт.
Ибо хоть что то буде что можно будет кастомизировать.
Да и не нужен на девайсах в 512 мб ,4.2.

Также есть идея может кто за $ согласиться помочь?
20th May 2013, 07:00 PM |#20  

More
Next update from the field:

However sources from amardeepsingh77 are awesome, it'll take a lot of time to succeed the build.
Our MTK devices can't be compiled like all others Android devices, because we can't simply use ./build/envsetup.sh, we've got to use makeMtk, and it's got a lot of annoying stuff.
Without that we can't build preloader, and without it I don't think any Cyan or other rom will work.
21st May 2013, 05:09 AM |#21  
OP Member
Flag Ryazan

More
Quote:

Google translate

Lord and no one tried to appeal to the official developers Cyanogen they can help?
None soveshenstve in English, I can not describe the problem.
Quote:

Original

Господа а никто не пробовал обратится к официальным разработчикам циноген может они помогут?
Не владею в совешенстве английским ,не смогу описать проблему.
The Following User Says Thank You to bucefal82 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bucefal82 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)