[APP] ThereTV . Streaming player compatible with the LocationFree protocol

59 posts
Thanks Meter: 17

By mgschwan, Member on 3rd February 2012, 12:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th February 2012, 04:02 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
me want!!!! my LFP been collecting dust awaiting someone to make this...might start using it again...

can't wait for release. Thanks!

7th February 2012, 03:22 PM |#12  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Good news. The LF-B10 is now really supported. Before, the video from LF-B10 was unusable which i did not recognize until someone gave me access to his a BaseStation.

As of 02/07/2012 this is fixed and LF-B10 BaseStations are now supported (but not in H264 mode)

Greetings
Michael
8th February 2012, 05:47 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Michael

This was also tested on the Touchpad and works great other than audio/video sync. Otherwise, excellent.

Thanks
8th February 2012, 02:44 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
With the latest update this app is clearer and sounds better then the offical pc software made by Sony. It also looks and sounds better on my thrive and inspire then it does on my PSP.
Fantastic work Michael !
Tested the app all day yesterday with a 4g connection and it only dropped a few times and that was due to poor data service areas .This is a screenshot of the picture quality of the app on inspire it is so clear

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to insanenyc For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift insanenyc Ad-Free
8th February 2012, 03:59 PM |#15  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Thanks tonybli and insanenyc. I am still working on the support for the LF-V30 BaseStation and keep contacting sony people

Michael
8th February 2012, 10:13 PM |#16  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Another update:

There is now support for both video inputs. Previously it could only show data from Video 1. Now you can select the video input in the preferences.

I added preliminary support for LF-V30 Basestations. The audio works but the video has some problems.

Greetings
Michael
9th February 2012, 01:57 PM |#17  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Ok, the problem with the LF-V30 BaseStations seems to be the mpeg4 encoder.

They support h264 which i can already decode, but it's way too slow to decode it in software, so the only option is to force the BaseStation to send out an mpeg4 stream.

But in the case of the mpeg4 stream the video is distorted. I get parts of the next frame on the bottom of the current frame. This seems to be a problem with the mpeg4 encoder.
10th February 2012, 09:31 PM |#18  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
BIG NEWS:

i have cleared everything with sony and am now allowed to distribute this app. I do have to state that sony did not contribute to the development and i am not licensed to use the trade mark LocationFree or the brand name Sony in the title of the App.

And i have to say. I am perfectly fine with that .

I really have to thank sony, especially the people that were involved in this (i don't know if i am allowed to name them here, so i will not). They were very commited to help me figure out a way to distribute this app.

I will prepare a public beta release over the next few days.

Michael
The Following User Says Thank You to mgschwan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mgschwan Ad-Free
12th February 2012, 06:14 PM |#19  

More
lf-pk1
In the uk I think the pk1 is the standard model... bought the us version b20 but does not work well with PAL. Use the b20 to create codes for the remote function. My question is will the app work on the uk version and if yes.. will it work on the galaxy tab 10? Have the desire as well.
12th February 2012, 07:56 PM |#20  

More
Hello,

I own a LF-V30, I wish to test the app on Nexus S 4G. Kindly provide me with a beta version. I will update you constant feedback.

my email address is my username in the forums at yahoo.com

Looking forward to it & thanks for making it happen
12th February 2012, 10:48 PM |#21  
OP Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvece

In the uk I think the pk1 is the standard model... bought the us version b20 but does not work well with PAL. Use the b20 to create codes for the remote function. My question is will the app work on the uk version and if yes.. will it work on the galaxy tab 10? Have the desire as well.

Well, i think there is only one way to find out. As you might have seen (or not). I have updated the first post with links to the android market. The app is now available for everyon to test.

If your devices work, please post it here so i can update the post.

Greetings
Michael
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)