[08-Oct-12][sd/mag] Paranoid jellybean hd2 beta_v2.15 portadroid

Search This thread

tonic72

May 2, 2010
Again and again, this build is reviving my HD2 and as a plenty of other testers I think this build is one of the bests.

Little issue of me, when playing .mp4 videos, it sometimes provide me a flickering video or/and it can shut down the system (seing the paranoid android boot animation).

Thanks if we can fix this in some ways in the next versions :)

Nightwolf117

Oct 11, 2011
Brisbane, Queensland

No problems!

Again and again, this build is reviving my HD2 and as a plenty of other testers I think this build is one of the bests.

Little issue of me, when playing .mp4 videos, it sometimes provide me a flickering video or/and it can shut down the system (seing the paranoid android boot animation).

Kernal error I'd think.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using XDA

MungoHigh

Apr 30, 2012
How to boot the rom with magldr ? :/
i have a android rom in nand..but know i want to try this one without wiping my nand partition..

i extract the folder to sd card..but everytime i press Boot AD SD i get the error "sd kernel open failed" :/

Any solutions?

c1cl0n

Jan 30, 2010

wis1152

Jun 8, 2011
luton uk
media.xda-developers.com
How to boot the rom with magldr ? :/
i have a android rom in nand..but know i want to try this one without wiping my nand partition..

i extract the folder to sd card..but everytime i press Boot AD SD i get the error "sd kernel open failed" :/

Any solutions?

In magldr options

10.services

1.bootsettings

3.boot source

now select droid

Now option 2.boot AD SD

c1cl0n

Jan 30, 2010

Try other video software to play MP4 files, like MX Player
:)

P.S. I'm use this player many many times without any problems in ICS

_fly

Sep 28, 2010
i love how fast this build is, is there any way to make my home screen not so small, i want it to look like the a regular home screen looks (like the person above me , his home screen in his avatar) i want it to be viewable like that, and not so much like tablet, ive messed around with it but it still looks small, any ideas? ty

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    paranoid.png

1zbsbx2.jpg

PARANOID JELLYBEAN HD2 BETA v2.15 portadroid​

For the 'stable' ICS version of paranoid android check 2nd post !

This rom is based on the great work of team paranoidandroid
    and the Evervolv Nightlies from Evervolv team so all credits and thanks to them in the first place !

remember this ROM is BETA for a reason.. expect some bugs and stuff not working !

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone.
    For more information about PARANOIDANDROID please check this website​

Features :
    Phone, Tablet and Phablet mode
    P.A.L., First time in Android history that Per-App-Layout has been realized
    This rom features a setting called Per-App-Density. You can define an apps native DPI with it, make it look stock, smaller or bigger than that, your decision.
    All apps are depicted at DPI 182 per standard. No other rom has that feature right now
    Google Play does not allow density changes and will stop working if you mess around with that. This rom fixes that problem for you 100%.
    More stuff: Recents window closer to stock, fixes for overlapping elements, framework fixes, no crashes, working Phone (looks 100% like stock aswell), etc.

How to set the workspace mode

untitled-2jvzs3.png

How to change an apps Layout and size

untitled-1biqpb.png

DOWNLOADS​

PARANOID JELLYBEAN HD2 BETA v2.15 portadroid​

DEV-HOST LINK

Note that first boot will take about 10 mins (depending on size of data.ext4 created) and will end with the phone rebooting. Second boot will take less time and will show the boot animation (as opposed to portadroid screen in first boot). You are porting this build, it is so that some apps are put in data.ext4 file. You can safely delete root_tmp folder after second boot to save space. Remember to reboot x3​

PARANOID JELLYBEAN HD2 BETA v1.992​

PARANOID JELLYBEAN HD2 BETA v1.99​

http://d-h.st/7Q8
    mirrorhttp://www.mediafire.com/?ndlrt1yvfh4877g
    Note that first boot will take about 10 mins (depending on size of data.ext4 created) and will end with the phone rebooting. Second boot will take less time and will show the boot animation (as opposed to portadroid screen in first boot). You are porting this build, it is so that some apps are put in data.ext4 file. After second boot you can safely delete root_tmp folder to save disk space. remember to reboot x3.

PARANOID JELLYBEAN HD2 ALPHA 3 [HYBRID/CM10]

DEV-HOST LINK

PARANOID JELLYBEAN HD2 ALPHA 2 [HYBRID/CM10][Tytung HWA R3.2]

MEDIAFIRE LINK

PARANOID JELLYBEAN HD2 ALPHA 1 [HYBRID/CM10][tytung HWA R3]

MEDIAFIRE LINK

There is no data.ext4 included, as a fresh install is recommended.
    If haret booting, change startup.txt/data.size to whatever you like.
    If magldr- default is 512mb​

If you would like to resize your Data.ext4 see HERE and HERE or for different size data.ext4 see HERE

Thanks & Credits to :Xylograph,boonbing, molesarecoming, D4rKn3sSyS, Rick_1995, Milaq, arif-ali, Cotulla, rapmv78, tytung, securecrt, e344.

Parent Thread

Ported using Port-a-
    Droid

ParanoidHD2 (Bootanimation & Splash)
    it seems that a folder is missing in /data
    existing build users can use an android terminal emulator app and type the following commands
    Code:
    su
    cd /data
    mkdir app-asec
    exit
    exit

Here is another way to apply the fix if you are not familiar with terminal emulator app,use root browser lite or something similar.

Open root browser, now click on /data, now add a folder called app-asec. DONE(Thanks wis1152)

Thanks to Xylograph for fix
    uploading now:) link will be on post 1 in 30mins

Here the link people http://www.mediafire.com/?n11vp2zfm1zmf5p

Will add it to post 1 when I get back to my laptop

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    paranoid jellybean hd2 Beta v1.992 is online see post 1:)
    [29-06-12][SD/MAG] PARANOIDANDROID HD2 [v1.5b][TABLET/HYBRID][CM9][tytung HWA R3]]

PARANOIDANDROID HD2

This rom is based on the great work of team paranoidandroid
    and the unoffical CyanogenMod 9 Nightlies from cmhtcleo team so all credits and thanks to them in the first place !

untitled-80ykrm.png

paranoid_notabf8j0a.png

quote molesarecoming: This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone. This rom strives to drop your device into tablet mode, but it won't stop there, it will reshape and redefine ICS to make it all a usefull addition and not just a cute novelty. i'm calling it: Hybrid Mode, best of both worlds.

You're asking yourself how exactly does this rom differ from "tablet mode roms" then, here's a quick status report:
    •Tablet mode shrinks your apps into a tiny mush, this rom features a setting called Per-App-Density. You can define an apps native DPI with it, make it look stock, smaller or bigger than that, your decision. All apps are depicted at DPI 182 per standard. No other rom has that feature right now
    •It has a working Market. Google Play does not allow density changes and will stop working if you mess around with that. This rom fixes that problem for you 100%.
    •More stuff: Recents window closer to stock, fixes for overlapping elements, framework fixes, no crashes, working Phone (looks 100% like stock aswell), etc.

For more information/hints and tips about PARANOIDANDROID please check this wedsite
    and have a look at either molesarecoming Galaxy Nexus thread or D4rKn3sSyS Galaxy S2 thread.

DOWNLOADS

PARANOIDANDROID HD2 [v1.1a][TABLET/HYBRID][CM9][Dorimanx HWA 6.9]

PARANOIDANDROID HD2 [v1.2a][TABLET/HYBRID][CM9][tytung HWA R3]

All credits to this port to master wis1152 :)

PARANOIDANDROID HD2 [v1.4a][TABLET/HYBRID][CM9][tytung HWA R3]

All credits to this mirrors to masters wis1152 & Roppie P :)

PARANOIDANDROID HD2 [v1.5a][TABLET/HYBRID][CM9][tytung HWA R3]

DEV-HOST LINK
    MEDIAFIRE LINK

Big thanks to master Robbie P for this port & mirrors :)

PARANOIDANDROID HD2 [v1.5b][TABLET/HYBRID][CM9][tytung HWA R3]

DEV-HOST LINK
    MEDIAFIRE LINK

Big thanks to master Robbie P for this port & mirrors :)

There is no data.ext4 included, as a fresh install is recommended.
    If haret booting, change startup.txt/data.size to whatever you like.
    If magldr- default is 512mb

If you would like to resize your Data.ext4 see HERE and HERE or for different size data.ext4 see HERE

Thanks & Credits to :Xylograph,boonbing, molesarecoming, D4rKn3sSyS, Rick_1995, Milaq, arif-ali, Cotulla, rapmv78, tytung, securecrt, e344.

Parent Thread

Ported using Port-a-Droid

ParanoidHD2 (Bootanimation & Splash)

Buglist,Fixes and Tips

v1.5a
    Data fix for haret user by RMNET_to_PPP_update
    V1.1
    Web related apps and terminal emulator seem to force close on the latest v1.1 rom..
    PARA_hd2_v1.1_Webkit+Terminal_fix2.zip

- Sim unlock hot reboots the device..
    PARA_hd2_SimUnlockFix

- users who have data problems..
    PARA_hd2_cLK_datafix

- Users who are experiencing Multitouch & Green Cameraflash problems..
    PARA_hd2_MultiTouchFix-GreenFlashFix

TIPS
    If your build is laggy try setting/developer options/background process limit now set at most 2 process. You will need to set this after every restart

- For hidden power button mod see HERE

Changelog PARANOIDANDROID HD2 v1.5a

- Synced from source - 25/6/2012 - 11:3:12
    - Improvements on OTA app, scheduled checkups
    - Improvements on Backup app, now it automatically launches on startup after you install a newer (or older) version
    - Hybrid speedup, less lag, considerably faster list scrolling when pad/pal is in action
    - Keyboard scaling, an androids first
    - PAD/PAL bugfixes for apps that still crop images in lower dpis
    - Settings revamp, speed preferences to switch between modes without having to set up anything, less clutter
    - Trebuchet extras: 3x4 widgets, speed dial menu button, ... and some weird rocket button which im sure will be very useful to most of you
    - Pad.prop revamp, new preferences that should pretty much nail it. Im sorry but this trashes your old settings again, do not attempt to restore them unless you do it in a text editor
    - Included latest lights.lib (credits : marc1706)
    - Included latest htc-ril (credits : tytung)
    - Made phone mode default (on 1st boot)
    - Updated to latest multiling keyboard
    - Rom should be updatable
    - Enjoy !
    - Ps. I forgot to set Gallery dpi default to something less than 240 dpi..please adjust this yourself to prevent it from force closing..