[Q] Best stock and custom ROM

Search This thread

yourpappa

Feb 21, 2011
*I wanted to post this in the development forum but the site wouldnt let me as I am new , so any moderator may feel free to shift it*

I wanted to ask which is the best 2.3 stock ROM for the X6 (as each company brings out its own firmware)

New buyers please read this thread first .( It has all Custom and Stock ROM download links too :- Thanks Haree)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1288293

The thread closest to this topic I could find was

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1274063

but nothing's clearly concluded on that one.So which company provides the best stock ROM

Spice (link not working since 10 days)
Wellcom (whole site unavailable - checked only today)
Cherry (only one thats working)

People are free to post links of other company ROM if they exist.And which is the best Custom ROM. Can anybody tell the pros and cons of each ROM, which service is not working ,etc . Is there any custom ROM out there that has everything running (front cam, FM, etc)

I have read the individual threads for each ROM and links are here but one sibgle thread to discuss and compare them would provide new buyers good info ;)

MIUI
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1264639

Cyanogenmod 7.1
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1283268

Andro-id RC2
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1264622

Oh and I hope we'll be able Android 4 Ice Cream Sandwich which probably will be unveiled on 19 Oct 2011 along with Google Nexus Prime

Last edited:

yourpappa

Feb 21, 2011
Bump

any suggestions for best stock rom , should i install the Magnum, spice or wellcom version

yourpappa

Feb 21, 2011
Thanks for the advice Haree, but yesterday I installed the Cherry magnum update 3 and spent quite some time customizing , so is the 13D version much better than the cherry update 3 that I should install that one?

http://www.wellcommobile.com/android1/
If you go this link and scroll downwards , we'll see our phone with 3 links, one says android 2.3.4 upgrade (model not specified) , 2nd one says something in thai but A99 is written which is the thai version of our phone and third one I think is not for our phone .

The first 2 links are 200 and 270 mb respectively!!Does anybody know about them ? Are they new or do we already have them with different names (and sizes)

PS- What do you think about android 4 Ice cream sandwich . How fast will we get it ?

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
Thanks for the advice Haree, but yesterday I installed the Cherry magnum update 3 and spent quite some time customizing , so is the 13D version much better than the cherry update 3 that I should install that one?

http://www.wellcommobile.com/android1/
If you go this link and scroll downwards , we'll see our phone with 3 links, one says android 2.3.4 upgrade (model not specified) , 2nd one says something in thai but A99 is written which is the thai version of our phone and third one I think is not for our phone .

The first 2 links are 200 and 270 mb respectively!!Does anybody know about them ? Are they new or do we already have them with different names (and sizes)

PS- What do you think about android 4 Ice cream sandwich . How fast will we get it ?

hi
u can take 13D from here : https://www.sugarsync.com/share/dgkbgd5mo7pzk
i did try the A99. I have not tried the Magnum one u have mentined, do give me the link for this ROM.
What i did with the 13D was root, removed bloatware & removed my screen gaurd and its working very fine for me and im getting good battery around 2 days. id sugest u try it and see if it satisfies ur needs,because everybody has a different requirement for their roms, this is OK for me:D

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
http://www.cherrymobile.com.ph/content/downloads-magnum
this is the link for magnum hd rom from cherry mobile. its pretty good but I cant really judge considering I havent tried any other ROM
hi
i just read from the link u gave me what u are using is : FB0-318D-0-5019-A03.nb0 and the link i gave is the same so we are using the same version just the source we got it from is different thats all:)
this is a good rom after rooting it and removing the blueberry bloat ware which is present it my version may be not in ur version. Im getting around 2days battery and after removing my screen gaurd im having zero screen going crazy problems:D

yourpappa

Feb 21, 2011
Yeah theres not much bloatware , but today I'll remove that too by rooting.
Oh and the crazy screen problem freaked me out, but went away after I removed the screen guard . Its funny cuz I could not see any bubbles . Should I get a new screen guard or not , cuz now I'm scared of scratching my phone

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
Oh and the crazy screen problem freaked me out, but went away after I removed the screen guard . Its funny cuz I could not see any bubbles . Should I get a new screen guard or not , cuz now I'm scared of scratching my phone
hi
dont use a screen gaurd take it from me i have removed mine and i have zero problems im sure u got the leather casing just use it while putting in ur poket
screen gaurd is a no no as long as im concerned for this phone:)

kshitij_bhatt

Aug 8, 2011
Jaipur
www.facebook.com
okk link is updated with a Flash'able update all the blot wares are removed ... as for now its purly a basic version that needs to be tested

Why i can't test it by my own "I DON'T HAVE A PHONE"

so someone plz check it out ... does it works good

plz some one test it for me http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=18555578#post18555578

basic key features

Uc-kernal pre integrated (oveclocked to1.9) :D
blot wares removed (Hope So) :eek:
pre rooted stock rom :p
miui music player ;)
gingerbread keybord :cool:

if this one worked ... i will do change the framework also for a custom theme :rolleyes:

yourpappa

Feb 21, 2011
Hi,

I had been away for a while and now there are a ton of custom ROMs available for this phone. Can anybody tell me the best ROM out there for everyday use. Pros and Cons would be appreciated so that it helps other people also.

Indiarocks

Nov 9, 2011
Kolkata
I have tried miui 1.11.11, cherry magnum HD(GB 2.3.4), spice (GB 2.3.4) and sharp SH8188U (GB 2.3.4). I find the sharp ROM as the most stable. The visual appeal of miui rom is the best and it is stable as well, the only downside is that it doesn't have HDMI and FM radio supported.

Sent from my SH8188U using XDA

Last edited:
Reactions: yourpappa

yourpappa

Feb 21, 2011
What about performance? And also since I am going to use a custom rom , Which stock rom should I build it on, I 'll try Sharp like you said, I have already used cherry mangnum, its good.

So what do other people say, I am stunned with the sheer number no of Roms available now. I wonder why nobody posted benchmarks till now.

Thanks

Indiarocks

Nov 9, 2011
Kolkata
Andro=ID ROM RC-3 is a good custom ROM to start with. You can flash it from the Sharp ROM which is GB 2.3.5. MIUI 1.11.11 is also one of the better options available. Very snappy performance and stable as well. Low incoming call volume is problem in this ROM which can be solved with a patch available. The miui ROM can be flashed from Cherry Magnum or any other Stock ROM based on Android 2.3.4.

Reactions: yourpappa

yourpappa

Feb 21, 2011
Thanks a lot Indiarocks,
I'll try Sharp now, I have used edowars CM7 and loved it, but since you recommended MIUI 1.11.11, I'll give it a shot.(Are you sure its the best MIUI out there, there are so may versions haha)

Other people are free to speak out their opinions, also could somebody compare edowars CM7 to miui 1.11.11 and other ROMS.

Edit - I have been looking into MIUI, it seems Free Radical's MIUI 2.4.6 is the popular version. Is it good , or even better than edowars CM(27/3/12)

Thanks, this community rocks

Last edited:

mattBLK

Dec 1, 2010
Manila

Your phone has Corning glass it will not scratch easily so remove the protector. We were discussing this years ago over at AF before xda had a X6 section.

One of my WellcoM A99 has the crazy screen problem, its really starting to piss me off. If i flash any ROM other than stock WellcoM or Cherry Mobile it becomes unusable. It also becomes unusable with the stock ROM after a few weeks sometimes. Does anyone know if there is a screen_fix.zip for this or if there is a solution? cause its out of warranty and i dont live in Thailand nor can i read Thai on their forums.

yourpappa

Feb 21, 2011
The problem with these phones is that they have really sensitive screens but not non-adhesive screens like gorilla glass. Now when you touch the screen, the small amount of dirt and sweat from you fingers cause the phone to recognize 2-3 touchpoints and hence cause it to malfunction.(all of it is just my reasoning )
Just get a good screen guard, it solved the problem permanently for me.

PS - Sorry my net did not work at all yesterday, stupid MTNL. So does anybody answers to my question, I would like to apply a custom ROM, cant wait.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    How is this ROM guys? feedback anyone?

ROM works perfectly fine and can take neck to neck with sharp Modded, everything works perfectly, If you want to know anything specific then you ask, I'll try to answer.... even WiFi HotSpot works
    Try this ROM - 0001_firmware_Sharp-RU-Lite_(Huawei-mod)_RC1.zip
    install from SUT LR or stock recovey 4xxx base...
    Bump

any suggestions for best stock rom , should i install the Magnum, spice or wellcom version

i m working on spice stock rom to make it blot free and pre rooted soon will upload the same
    I have tried miui 1.11.11, cherry magnum HD(GB 2.3.4), spice (GB 2.3.4) and sharp SH8188U (GB 2.3.4). I find the sharp ROM as the most stable. The visual appeal of miui rom is the best and it is stable as well, the only downside is that it doesn't have HDMI and FM radio supported.

Sent from my SH8188U using XDA
    Andro=ID ROM RC-3 is a good custom ROM to start with. You can flash it from the Sharp ROM which is GB 2.3.5. MIUI 1.11.11 is also one of the better options available. Very snappy performance and stable as well. Low incoming call volume is problem in this ROM which can be solved with a patch available. The miui ROM can be flashed from Cherry Magnum or any other Stock ROM based on Android 2.3.4.