[EFS-cwm-Restore] Restore zip for your EFS

Search This thread

civato

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Apr 20, 2011
Story behind this zip file:

I messed up my tablet and I could only get into download mode , meaning I could flash a insecure boot.img and custom recovery.
I noticed that my EFS partition was erased when I entered a stock recovery, I got all kind of EFS error messages in recovery.

At first I tried to restore my system with a original ROM ODIN package but that doesn't restore your EFS. So no luck and still stuck in a bootloop.
So what to do? No adb , no EFS backup on my internalSD , I couldn't get acces to my internal SD.

I google around and I didn't find anything to restore EFS from within recovery or Odin. I didn't have a EFS.img backup on my internalSD so the emwo recovery was no help.

I do have a EFS backup that I took with EFS pro.
That generates a .tar and a .img file.
So I made myself a update package that I could flash from cwm. As I made the recovery I knew in what partition EFS is stored so that was easy.
This is the updater script , it should work on GT-N51... (10, 00, 20) as they all store the EFS in this partition.
Code:
show_progress(0.3,72);
ui_print(" ");
ui_print("1. START INSTALLATION");
package_extract_file("EFS.img", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p3");
set_progress(0.99);
ui_print("------------------------------------------");
set_progress(1.0);

I renamed the EFS image backup that I took with efsPro to EFS.img and dropped it in the zip I made with the updeter script.

Flashed it with cwm and voila, running again without any problems.

SO in the attachments is the zip .

Open it with 7zip or winrar , drag and drop your EFS.img (needs to be this name) into the zip where the EFS-dummy text file is. put it on your externalSD , boot to recovery and flash it.

So I hope this helps the people out that come into the same situation as I did.

Attachments

• EFS-cwm-flasher.zip
    122.6 KB · Views: 25,909

mattyyey

You are a life saver!!!

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Long story short, I was like you. my battery died, and for no apparent reason, I couldnt boot. I had download and recovery but no matter what rom i used no boot. Then i noticed in the logcat it was getting stuck on network initialization and also that twrp couldnt mount the efs partition.

I was looking for a way to restore the efs using adb sideload when i found this, popped in my efs backup and volia!

o yea i'm on the GT-i9300 (s3) but it worked like a charm! deffo keeping a copy of that zip just in case.

k9time

May 10, 2012
Anyone with a link to this efs pro? I fint efs in app store with lots of problems but no efs pro. I buy my apps so not trying to get around that but which app? Thanks

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

Anyone with a link to this efs pro? I fint efs in app store with lots of problems but no efs pro. I buy my apps so not trying to get around that but which app? Thanks

Never mind. ? Found it. Thanks civato..

Anyone have any idea how to proceed if you don't have a backup image of "EFS.img"? Luckily, I am able to boot and run fine, but I understand fixing the EFS will also fix my GPS. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using XDA Free mobile app

raac

Oct 31, 2007
Anyone can help me to flash my EFS using this method? MY note 4 N 910G has damaged EFs and showing unknown basband and null IMEI. Phone rebooting every minute and canot restore EFs in normal mode. My EFS backup has 4 files. Need to restore all this files with flasheble zip. (efs.img.ext4, mdm1m9kefs1.bin, mdm1m9kefs2.bin, mdm1m9kefsc.bin)

preetam1989

May 19, 2016
Problem!!!

I flashed it via TWRP Recovery It shows that INSTALLATION SUCCESSFUL but after my phone boots up. I tried to found the EFS folder it only contains bluetooth folder. but I had so many files and folders in my EFS Backup.img file. Why It could not work.:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

MrJojo

Oct 6, 2008
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
Hi Please take a minute to reply

I messed up my tablet and I could only get into download mode , meaning I could flash a insecure boot.img and custom recovery.
I noticed that my EFS partition was erased when I entered a stock recovery, I got all kind of EFS error messages in recovery.

At first I tried to restore my system with a original ROM ODIN package but that doesn't restore your EFS. So no luck and still stuck in a bootloop.
So what to do? No adb , no EFS backup on my internalSD , I couldn't get acces to my internal SD.

I google around and I didn't find anything to restore EFS from within recovery or Odin. I didn't have a EFS.img backup on my internalSD so the emwo recovery was no help.

So I made myself a update package that I could flash from cwm. As I made the recovery I knew in what partition EFS is stored so that was easy.
This is the updater script , it should work on GT-N51... (10, 00, 20) as they all store the EFS in this partition.
Code:
show_progress(0.3,72);
ui_print(" ");
set_progress(0.99);
set_progress(1.0);

I renamed the EFS image backup that I took with efsPro to EFS.img and dropped it in the zip I made with the updeter script.

Open it with 7zip or winrar , drag and drop your EFS.img (needs to be this name) into the zip where the EFS-dummy text file is. put it on your externalSD , boot to recovery and flash it.

Will this method work for stock recovery too? thanks

elizondo

Jan 14, 2011
i know this is old but i find this video that explain how to recovery the efs bad i try and works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-LZvVLEC5o

adb shell
su
cd /dev/block/platform
cd dw_mmc
cd by-name
ls -l

(copy de code of block and put in .....)

example: mmcblk0p3

mke2fs /dev/block/......
mount -w -t ext4 /dev/block/.......
reboot

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:
    show_progress(0.3,72);
    ui_print(" ");
    set_progress(0.99);
    set_progress(1.0);