[Q] REEDER W7iC TABLET=EMDOOR EM-I8170 WINDOWS 8.1 TABLET WON'T TURN ON

Search This thread

hersoy

Jun 3, 2015
Hi,
Sorry, for my poor English. I'm from Turkey. I bought a Reeder W7iC windows Tablet in Turkey. It's the same EMDOOR EM-I8170. I installed the wrong bios file, while android trying to install. Now, tablet won't turn on. Back light is on. I connected keyboard and mouse on usb otg. It all works. l I found the original bios file. How do i run again it? How do i install android? Thank you in advance for your help.

Tablet specifications:

Intel Baytrail-CR Z3735G, Quad Core
1GB DDR3 FLASH 16GB
Windows 8.1
16:9, 7" 1024*600 IPS

jockyw2001

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 17, 2007
Does it have hdmi? Then connect it to a monitor or tv. What happens if you keep pressing both Vol- and Vol+ and then power on the tablet?
Please send a link to the correct bios, then I can try to make a bios flash package for a usb pen drive.

hersoy

Jun 3, 2015
Yes it has hdmi. I connected to tv. I keep pressed Vol+ and vol- and power on the tablet. dnx mode on the tv. Then, what will i do?

I can't write outside link because i'm new users. [*] is [.]

Correct bios file link:
www*reedertablet*com/reeder/yazilim/reeder_w7ic/bios/ReederW7iC_BIOS_UPDATE_V1.6.8.zip

I want to install android.

EM-I8170 Android Files is here. There is bios file, too. I think for android.

yiyun*baidu*com/wap/link?shareid=772798033&uk=3053780477&third=0&dir=%2Fintel%2F7%E5%AF%B8android-I8170&page=1&

How can i install android to tablet? Thanks for reply.

jockyw2001

May 17, 2007
Ok sounds good. So first thing to do is to flash the original bios/firmware. I will prepare a package in the next half hour. You need a usb hub, a usb stick, a keyboard. Power off the tablet now and try to enter bios menu (press del or escape or f12) and post which bios version is installed. Best is to post a photo. PS: I don't own this tablet and will only help you to recover it with the original bios.

hersoy

Jun 3, 2015
I'm at work right now. I can try them when you get home in the evening. I'll write the results.

jockyw2001

May 17, 2007
Assuming you could enter bios and you have a USB hub, usb stick and keyboard, then you can flash the original bios as follows:
============
Flash new bios
============
1. Connect the USB hub to Reeder tablet and plug in the keyboard and the USB thumb drive containing the new bios files. Power on the device and press DEL or Escape to enter into BIOS.
2. Navigate to "Save@Exit", and then choose "Launch EFI shell from filesystem device"
3. After entering shell, type FS?: and then press ENTER
( ? stand for a numeric character. It depends where your USB drive resides, for example, if your USB drive is at FS4, you type FS4: You can always try between FS0 and FS4 )
4. Then type dir and then press ENTER to check if you selected the correct drive

5. Type fpt32.efi -f ReederW7iCBIOS_V1.6.8.bin and press ENTER
6. Type fpt64.efi -f ReederW7iCBIOS_V1.6.8.bin and press ENTER
(PS: you may get an error after either running fpt32.efi or fpt64.efi, but make sure at least one of the flash commands succeeded !)

7. Type exit and press ENTER
8. When you return to BIOS, choose "save changes and reset"

Good luck!

Note1: there is a readme.txt which describes how to install dual-boot Android/Win8.1 on a Voyo A1 Mini (also a EMDOOR tablet). This may be helpful for you to install Android on your tablet.

Note2: if you can't enter BIOS then we must try to flash your tablet using DNX protocol

hersoy

Jun 3, 2015
I tried what you wrote. It installed bios from fpt64.efi. Installation completed. I selected Save Changes and Reset in Bios Menu. Frozen in bios menu. I closed the tablet keep power button. It won't turn on. Now, backlight is off. I think it hard brick. Is there anyone who can help me?

jockyw2001

May 17, 2007
Are you sure that bios was the original version? Check if battery is charged and also if you can still enter dnx mode.

hersoy

Jun 3, 2015
İt was original bios file v1.6.8. Battery is full. I can't enter Dnx Mode. I connected it to pc. My pc don't see it m3 or m6 chip also. I think it isn't hard brick. It is Deep Brick.

jockyw2001

May 17, 2007
Try also power on with only Vol+ pressed, alternatively with Vol- pressed. It could be it will then switch to 32-bit mode. Otherwise try disconnecting the battery from the mainboard and reconnect after a minute. If that doesn't help you must buy a flash programmer. There are various at Alibaba for about 30$ with cable connectors for on-board programming.

hersoy

Jun 3, 2015
I tried vol+ or vol- and power button, vol+ and vol- and power button. Nothing happened. I cannot try disconnecting the battery. Because i haven't soldering iron. I think i'll send service it.

devinci1

May 5, 2016
hi I have a tablet identical to the Reed W7İC.j'ai reinstalled the system and I managed to install all the drivers but my touch is shifted. that is to say, when I press for example the top of the screen is down there he reponse.dans the system at the touch function is written, limited touch support with 10 points of contact. help me if you plait.il is Emdoor EM-I8170. thank you in advance

devinci1

May 5, 2016
hi I have a tablet identical to the Reed W7İC.j'ai reinstalled the system and I managed to install all the drivers but my touch is shifted. that is to say, when I press for example the top of the screen is down there he reponse.dans the system at the touch function is written, limited touch support with 10 points of contact. help me if you plait.il is Emdoor EM-I8170. thank you in advance

Jonathan.estefani

Jun 9, 2020
My emdoor tablet i82h not are showing display. Does i reprogrammer the BIOS and also not showing the display. came at with windows 10.