2,136 posts
Thanks Meter: 237

By vinokirk, Senior Member on 20th October 2009, 11:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th July 2010, 07:48 PM |#11  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hi Vinokirk, absolutely great thing you did here! As a newcomer to the HTC Shift Forum I got fast overloaded by the massive amount of information scattered all over the different threads, so your clear view on various files, programs and tools arranged per category is most than welcome.
As most of the information is more than one year old, could you please try to add one line in red at the top showing the latest update, at least for your post, as I guess asking for updates on every link and piece of software would be too much. Of course, this invitation is valid for everybody involved in terms of sending their update status to you.
A big THANK YOU to everybody who contributed to this knowledge pool for the hardwork enthusiasm and dedication. All the best.

24th December 2010, 06:23 AM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag England

More
Sorry to disappoint folks. I never managed to get a Shift, and I never got the XDA funded one sent to me I do apologise, I was really looking forward to using and modifying the Shift!
25th December 2010, 08:43 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
can i install ubuntu in shift
26th December 2010, 10:52 AM |#14  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinokirk

Sorry to disappoint folks. I never managed to get a Shift, and I never got the XDA funded one sent to me I do apologise, I was really looking forward to using and modifying the Shift!

Sorry to hear that Vinokirk, it's a pitty that you couldn't use your enthusiasm and energy working on the Shift. Now it's an old thing already, although still interesting, but people are attracted by more advanced devices.
Anyway, organizing the Library was a great thing.
Do you mean that the XDA funded Shift got lost during transport?
26th May 2011, 10:52 PM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag England

More
Yeah, a Shift was bought via HTC donations. I did ask for it, but the guy who originally got it dropped off the face of the earth so I never got it!
You can now get a 2GB stick of RAM for it and with SetFSB I can imagine you could get it up to 1Ghz which is quasi-decent!
I actually went out and got myself a Samsung Q1 Ultra for £120 the other day (bargain!) Its a pretty neat device, it's got the older Intel A100 (600Mhz) cpu instead of the Shifts Intel A110 (800Mhz) cpu which is a bit pants.
I still like the form factor of the Shift though
14th February 2012, 01:11 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
@ThaiHugo or Dear Friends,

Can anyone send the RADIO file 1.27.35.28 HTC X9500 to [email protected]
I like to flash my shift with ThaiHugo rom.
I have looked one Google but..........Megaupload=FBI, i can't geth him to download.
Many Thanks

Greetings
Kors
18th July 2012, 08:15 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
htc shift updation
Dear all,

Please help me out i am having italian ROM snapvue without liberated i need english version rom and liberate. i am having those two files to liberate but its showing problem in installation. please help me out i am new to shift i need tutorials how to add phone calling option in my device.................i would appreciate for helping................
18th July 2012, 11:37 PM |#18  
Flag Anchorage, AK
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stagsval20

Dear all,

Please help me out i am having italian ROM snapvue without liberated i need english version rom and liberate. i am having those two files to liberate but its showing problem in installation. please help me out i am new to shift i need tutorials how to add phone calling option in my device.................i would appreciate for helping................

I believe the CAB liberate file needs to be in the My Documents folder in the SnapVue side, and the LNK file can be anywhere that you can run it from as it's just a link/shortcut to the cab file.
2nd September 2014, 04:02 PM |#19  
OP Senior Member
Flag England

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelTP2

Sorry to hear that Vinokirk, it's a pitty that you couldn't use your enthusiasm and energy working on the Shift. Now it's an old thing already, although still interesting, but people are attracted by more advanced devices.
Anyway, organizing the Library was a great thing.
Do you mean that the XDA funded Shift got lost during transport?

Do you still have your Shift?
Even after all these years I've never had one!
Maybe one day
11th October 2014, 08:15 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinokirk

Do you still have your Shift?
Even after all these years I've never had one!
Maybe one day

Still got mine! Gonna install windows 10 preview on it tomorrow
11th October 2014, 08:24 PM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag England

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armazia

Still got mine! Gonna install windows 10 preview on it tomorrow

Do you have the 2GB RAM upgrade?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread