FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Streaming Live TV

25 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By eldersoul, Junior Member on 8th February 2008, 03:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey guys,
I've been trying to consolidate links for streaming live tv for a while now and I decided to scrap together a simple web page with all the links. These will work "out of the box" on wm6 devices but 4 of them seem to have problems on 2003 and some wm5 devices without some sort of additional player. Let me know what you think.
Feathered Access

9th February 2008, 02:50 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 29

More
i can`t believe nobody else has acknowledged what you have done !! good work fella i will be adding it to my faves. Keep adding to the list

ps i also have this working in tcpmp
9th February 2008, 03:30 AM |#3  
Flag California

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldersoul

Hey guys,
I've been trying to consolidate links for streaming live tv... Let me know what you think.
Feathered Access

Wow, very nice. Thanks for contributing some intelligent content - a refreshing change from all "WOW - Stream YouTube" posts. I've added this to my list of frequently accessed Favorites.
9th February 2008, 04:58 AM |#4  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,025

More
excellent tv site contribution....have definately added to my favs!!!
9th February 2008, 09:42 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Good job with that site....I wish I knew more about these streaming tv sites....I would love to be able to see more local news on my device - I wonder how long before all news sites have streaming video for handhelds.

Is there a way to search for more sites?? What should I be searching for besides "internet tv"? I see a few of your sites you are directing us to start with a url of "MMS" is this what I need to be searching for??
19th February 2008, 06:32 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
well searching for feeds is kinda tough. If you come across an in page windows media player type feed then that will work. Send me the link and I can put it on the site. As for file types to search, you can try .asx or look for links that start with mms://. I try to set aside some time on my Sundays to search out new links on top of that.
19th February 2008, 09:31 PM |#7  

More
Wow, this is nice. Also adding to my favorites. Thanks man!
19th February 2008, 11:53 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member

More
Hey guys, I have upgraded my server and I'm try to drive up traffic to the site. If you have enjoyed my work and have a digg account then please click the digg it link at the bottom of my site or click here to help spread the word. Thanks for you help and your feedback guys!
20th February 2008, 07:35 AM |#9  

More
hey man love the idea im having trouble though i cant stream any of the sites over my 3g on at and t i can on wifi coudl this be that proxy on at and t? i dono much about it.
20th February 2008, 01:32 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member

More
No it should work. Try it in another area, it might just be your signal strength.
20th February 2008, 04:42 PM |#11  

More
on nickolodian i got unspecified error on cnn it just buffered at 0 forever on fox just buffered at 0 for awhile and then the server is busy or is not responding try again later same on comedy chanel...

any way im sure its a phone side problem not your site but help would be apreciated what im noticing is the 3g icon is switching to hspda for a second then goes back to 3g so it looks like its not even trying to use data

sorry i forgot to add that i was trying your sugestion to try it in a diffrent area
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)