FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The AT&T Jelly Bean Release Thread (4.1.1 released; Kies and OTA)

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 435

By ikjadoon, Senior Member on 10th November 2012, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th December 2012, 03:32 PM |#1581  
Flag St.Louis
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxidase

I have noticed my battery lasts about 50-75% as long as it did before the update. I used to have this issue, the last OTA update fixed it. Now it is back.

With ICS I usually ran about 800mb ram, with JB iv noticed it going as high as 1.2-1.3gb ram. But as soon as i kill all the apps, i click it again and 30 apps are already running.

Perhaps a wipe/restore is in order... Perhaps root and go back to ICS... Maybe they will release a small OTA to fix bugs like before..

All i ever want was the News & Weather Widget. I cant believe i waited 5 months for this...

You can thank ATT crapware for that. You can root and remove whatever items you do not use....which I am sure it a lot.
14th December 2012, 05:52 PM |#1582  
Provo Area
Thanks Meter: 62

More
My battery on normal usage is about 80%-90% of what it was before. I used to easily make it 16 hours and now I can make it about 13 or so. Part of the problem, however, is that LTE lit up in my area and I've noticed that killing my battery more than the JB update as it started before JB was released.
14th December 2012, 06:28 PM |#1583  
Flag Hillsborough
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Test...Please disregard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
14th December 2012, 11:27 PM |#1584  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I have one little observation and i would like to know if somebody is having the same. The notifications as soon as i slice from the top, it seems very LAGGY, anjd slow!!! It seems very bad and I have tried stock, Loserrom and other roms on the JB ATT Update and with all i have the problem!! Just being curious if it is my phone or if anybody is experiencing the problem!!! Thanks
15th December 2012, 12:29 AM |#1585  
Flag Hillsborough
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamo15

I have one little observation and i would like to know if somebody is having the same. The notifications as soon as i slice from the top, it seems very LAGGY, anjd slow!!! It seems very bad and I have tried stock, Loserrom and other roms on the JB ATT Update and with all i have the problem!! Just being curious if it is my phone or if anybody is experiencing the problem!!! Thanks

Glad that you brought this up. I wasn't experiencing this until just 2 days ago! Prior to this, no lag whatsoever. Now, there is a distinct lag, or slow reaction, each time that I drag the notification bar down. Very odd...

15th December 2012, 04:54 AM |#1586  
So Cal
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Update really worth it !!!
I have been researching here and there about the JB update from AT&T. So far I am very skeptical. I had a Cappy and waited a year for them to update from Eclair to Froyo, and suffered miserably with a sketchy phone till my contract was up. I picked up the SGS3, wow, what a phone. So it has the ICS 4.0.4. I don't want to ruin a good phone this soon, so is it worth the risk, or do the masses think AT&T will work the bugs out? Overall, are you guys satisfied with the up grade. Not quite ready to start flashing yet.
15th December 2012, 06:59 AM |#1587  
Flag Olympia
Thanks Meter: 25

More
So, I only have internet on my phone, how am I supposed to update to jb?

Sent from my pebble blue s3
15th December 2012, 03:28 PM |#1588  
Flag Hatillo
Thanks Meter: 170

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstoyotaguy6

So, I only have internet on my phone, how am I supposed to update to jb?

Sent from my pebble blue s3

Well you have two options.

1. Mobile Odin (dirty flash)
2. Look for ROM base on JB and flas in recovery. There is a thread of a stock ROM only deodexed and rooted. That's the one that I'm using.

If you're data plan are not unlimited go and find a open wifi and download the ROMS there over 600 mb.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
15th December 2012, 05:05 PM |#1589  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smrtfondumuser

I have been researching here and there about the JB update from AT&T. So far I am very skeptical. I had a Cappy and waited a year for them to update from Eclair to Froyo, and suffered miserably with a sketchy phone till my contract was up. I picked up the SGS3, wow, what a phone. So it has the ICS 4.0.4. I don't want to ruin a good phone this soon, so is it worth the risk, or do the masses think AT&T will work the bugs out? Overall, are you guys satisfied with the up grade. Not quite ready to start flashing yet.

I just got this phone too. I updated right away and have had no issues reported in this thread, except for maybe the battery issue but it hasn't been to bad for me, still better than my Inspire.
For me I love Jelly Bean, if you update and you have issues you could most likely go to At&t and exchange it for another one which will have ICS since you just got it.
15th December 2012, 05:51 PM |#1590  
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond, KY
Thanks Meter: 435

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randun

Glad that you brought this up. I wasn't experiencing this until just 2 days ago! Prior to this, no lag whatsoever. Now, there is a distinct lag, or slow reaction, each time that I drag the notification bar down. Very odd...

Are you guys using apps with overlays, like Screen Overlay or Lux? If I use Lux with negative brightness (it's a great battery saver), I experience notification bar dragging lag. Really, the overlays kill Project Butter.
15th December 2012, 07:58 PM |#1591  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikjadoon

Are you guys using apps with overlays, like Screen Overlay or Lux? If I use Lux with negative brightness (it's a great battery saver), I experience notification bar dragging lag. Really, the overlays kill Project Butter.

No. No in anyway. I try both the Stock version of the update and it happened. Then i rooted the phone and then i found the same problem. I tried several roms based on the ATT upodate and its the same story. I came back to 4.0.4 and no lag found. Its very strange.......
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)