FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The AT&T Jelly Bean Release Thread (4.1.1 released; Kies and OTA)

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 435

By ikjadoon, Senior Member on 10th November 2012, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th November 2012, 12:28 PM |#561  
Flag Rumford
Thanks Meter: 1

More
By the time we get any official update from AT&T Google will be on project Zeppole!
29th November 2012, 12:31 PM |#562  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by markandmyia

I am all for speculation...and educated guessing....even some rumors are entertaining....but to say its 99% confirmed? I don't agree. I think OP should re-word that to say (possible) or (likely)? and remove the word confirmed? This thread loses any validity when anything is "confirmed" without AT&T actually confirming it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

How much proof do you need man? They tweeted me on the second link you see on the OP along with two other people saying 4.2 very soon. I get it you are pessimistic about it. Under promise that way if they over deliver we are super happy. Back to my point... I think it's coming whether you believe it or not.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
29th November 2012, 12:53 PM |#563  
Flag Québec city
Thanks Meter: 160

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinHi

But how will they release the update in December if there isn't a 'December' entry in the calendar? Confirmed 4.2 release: January 2013
Haha

This is the one reason why I don't beleive it'll be 4.2. In fact, I fail to see why anyone would want 4.2 in the first place.
4.2.1 is fresh out of the oven ... no way they had the time they usually require to make regression testing on it.

If AT&T, or any other Canadian carrier next monday, releases Jelly Bean as JB 4.2, and not JB 4.2.1, it's going to be their biggest fail ... ever!

Releasing an update at the very beginning of a month that doesn't even exist in the said version... lol
29th November 2012, 01:32 PM |#564  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiKsFiles

This is the one reason why I don't beleive it'll be 4.2. In fact, I fail to see why anyone would want 4.2 in the first place.
4.2.1 is fresh out of the oven ... no way they had the time they usually require to make regression testing on it.

If AT&T, or any other Canadian carrier next monday, releases Jelly Bean as JB 4.2, and not JB 4.2.1, it's going to be their biggest fail ... ever!

Releasing an update at the very beginning of a month that doesn't even exist in the said version... lol

THIS. +1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
29th November 2012, 01:33 PM |#565  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
My two cents.

Just got off the chat line with att rep. Forgot name, not important. She said that it "would be coming very soon." "hopefully it won't be too long"...etc. Sounded sincere.

At the end I commented that I might be one voice but represent others that don't or can't contact tech support. she replied back that "there have been others" to contact ATT tech support regarding the update. At least we know what there have been enough requests for the update that they are beginning to notice.

Breakfast then work. You guys keep up the fight while I'm gone.
29th November 2012, 01:36 PM |#566  
Thanks Meter: 69

More
No way 4.2 is coming before 4.1.x unless we're waiting until 2013 spring.
I take no value in what was said on Twitter. History tells us otherwise. 4.2 was just released to public on 11/13. You know Samsung didn't have that ready for the s3, let alone att. Use some common sense here
The Following User Says Thank You to A.VOID For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift A.VOID Ad-Free
29th November 2012, 01:48 PM |#567  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 65

More
I am definitely in the non-believer camp. If AT&T decides to forgo 4.1.x and move straight to 4.2.x, don't expect any updates until summer 2013. As we all know by now, AT&T moves at a glacial pace when it comes to Android updates. I suspect that AT&T will be releasing 4.1.2, and the CSRs are confusing it with 4.2. Besides, if they've been testing 4.1 since May, why would they scrap months of work and start from scratch?

On a side note, I've finally received a response to one of my tweets:

"At this time we dont have a specific date and have been told it will be released very soon.^JulieB "

I've mentioned earlier that just about every single rep is now using "very soon" instead of "we don't have any information". I think it's quite possible that more than a few people contacted them about the update, so they feel compelled to give a slightly more detailed response. In all honesty, if the update is not released by December 31, it could generate a lot of negative PR for AT&T. In fact, the negative PR is already out there.
29th November 2012, 02:00 PM |#568  
Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 64

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomacts

Yeah, either AT&T gets their game on on releases the update or I sell my phone for a nexus 4 lol.

I would have already done this if the nexus4 had LTE.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano

Look up there is an actual screen shot I believe which shows the 4.1

from my SGS3 while my nexus 7 rests

I can't find that post.. can you link to it?
29th November 2012, 02:20 PM |#569  
Flag Hillsborough
Thanks Meter: 14

More
This new note is now appearing on AT&T's Wireless Support section (https://www.att.com/esupport/article...id=f_Z83wxKcS0).

Advisory:

The Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS update for Samsung Galaxy III is available from Android, and AT&T will have the update available for our customers in the very near future. The currently available software update provides device improvements and ISIS certification, and can be downloaded over Wi-Fi.

Probably nothing but today is the first time that I've seen them mention Jelly Bean here.

Also probably nothing as well, but I noticed this morning when selecting Settings > About Device > Software Update > Check for updates no longer has the 24-hour restriction set prior to checking for new updates again. Now, it's down to less than an hour or even ~45 minutes. Something on the horizon...?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to randun For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift randun Ad-Free
29th November 2012, 02:26 PM |#570  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 108

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randun

This new note is now appearing on AT&T's Wireless Support section (https://www.att.com/esupport/article...id=f_Z83wxKcS0).

Advisory:

The Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) OS update for Samsung Galaxy III is available from Android, and AT&T will have the update available for our customers in the very near future. The currently available software update provides device improvements and ISIS certification, and can be downloaded over Wi-Fi.

Probably nothing but today is the first time that I've seen them mention Jelly Bean here.

Also probably nothing as well, but I noticed this morning when selecting Settings > About Device > Software Update > Check for updates no longer has the 24-hour restriction set prior to checking for new updates again. Now, it's down to less than an hour or even ~45 minutes. Something on the horizon...?

AND, the advisory says 4.1, not 4.2.
29th November 2012, 02:31 PM |#571  
Flag Fairfax, VA
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'm starting to hate this "in the very near future" phrase... JUST GIVE US A DATE AT&T!!!!!! Well, at least they are acknowledging there is an update coming soon.

My update check time restriction is still 24hrs.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)