FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The AT&T Jelly Bean Release Thread (4.1.1 released; Kies and OTA)

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 435

By ikjadoon, Senior Member on 10th November 2012, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th November 2012, 11:18 PM |#681  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by l2oot#

what is the time line for you guys and JellyBean... I'm on Rogers in Canada on the GS3, and our rollout begins Monday, hence I posted before on how to OTA to JB as I thought since Rogers/Canada GS3 is getting it on monday, the rest of the carriers would be getting it if not the same day at least the same week?

Well AT&T has told us "in the very near future." But I'm not sure when "very near future" is, except it should be sooner than "soon". I think............... I hope. ...........................I'm not sure.....................tick...............tick.. ................tick..................... maybe by New Years?
30th November 2012, 11:56 PM |#682  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeofNine

Well AT&T has told us "in the very near future." But I'm not sure when "very near future" is, except it should be sooner than "soon". I think............... I hope. ...........................I'm not sure.....................tick...............tick.. ................tick..................... maybe by New Years?

hmmmmm well At&T and Rogers are very similar if not the same, if ours is out on Dec 3rd, I can only think you guys must get it soon after we do.

Also, I had a blackberry, had a windows phone, just came from an iphone - I've had em all - done programming and dev on all of them, just got my GS3 on tuesday last week and it was brand new and it came with stock ICS not JB - just to throw that into the whole if you get a new GS3 it'll come with JB mix. It won't

that whole S-Memo password showing problem - it doesn't show in any of the official stock JB's released right now or the ROMs made from the STOCK official release. All non official stock releases made into ROMs like cm10 say cm10 was made from a dev JB for some carrier but not yours ad you install it - it's custom made for yours... When the Canadian Carriers, Sasktell, At&t versions come out now they won't have the JB issue.

I'm exciteddddddd - I know it's really small but I hate the issues on the GS3 when you text/tweet/type anything and go back to your home screen how you get that 'lag flicker' of your icons/widgets... JB is suppose to make screen transitions smooth and crisp can't wait to get rid of this issue - the prob was our phones were strong/fast/well developed... but the ICS wasn't optimized for our devices. It's like imagine putting a half ass crappy SD drive in your laptop, your laptop is awesome... all specs but the SD drive is average at best... It'll run well but it'll still won't be the best experience possible.

we're basically getting a NEW top of the line SD drive in our high powered Laptops
1st December 2012, 12:07 AM |#683  
Flag Freehold, New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 278

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Brizz

Who has proof? Because if someone had it, I'm sure one of the devs would have it by now and uploaded some flashables for it.

I never said anything about proof but on their site it says 4.1 so I'm sure that's what you'll get

sent from my Nexus 7 while my SGS3 rests!

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

Quote:

hmmmmm well At&T and Rogers are very similar if not the same, if ours is out on Dec 3rd, I can only think you guys must get it soon after we do.

Also, I had a blackberry, had a windows phone, just came from an iphone - I've had em all - done programming and dev on all of them, just got my GS3 on tuesday last week and it was brand new and it came with stock ICS not JB - just to throw that into the whole if you get a new GS3 it'll come with JB mix. It won't

that whole S-Memo password showing problem - it doesn't show in any of the official stock JB's released right now or the ROMs made from the STOCK official release. All non official stock releases made into ROMs like cm10 say cm10 was made from a dev JB for some carrier but not yours ad you install it - it's custom made for yours... When the Canadian Carriers, Sasktell, At&t versions come out now they won't have the JB issue.

I'm exciteddddddd - I know it's really small but I hate the issues on the GS3 when you text/tweet/type anything and go back to your home screen how you get that 'lag flicker' of your icons/widgets... JB is suppose to make screen transitions smooth and crisp can't wait to get rid of this issue - the prob was our phones were strong/fast/well developed... but the ICS wasn't optimized for our devices. It's like imagine putting a half ass crappy SD drive in your laptop, your laptop is awesome... all specs but the SD drive is average at best... It'll run well but it'll still won't be the best experience possible.

we're basically getting a NEW top of the line SD drive in our high powered Laptops

We will probably get it at the same time. It all depends on where you get you're SGS3 from if it was in inventory then obviously it won't come with JB!

1st December 2012, 12:11 AM |#684  
Flag Hillsborough
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaCristiano

That's only because they had those on the shelves. If you order a new one from Samsung or att it will have jellybean

Not so. The link on Samsung's site is outrageously misleading & whether purchased online or at a store, the AT&T SG3 comes stocked with ICS 4.0.4. End of story...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
1st December 2012, 12:12 AM |#685  

More
so I found out a bit more

Rogers
Telus
Bell
Sasktell
Virgin

all coming up in the next 2 weeks

Verizon & AT&T there are two theories don't know which one is true though

- Bloatware isn't ready

- They're holding back purposely and Samsung themselves are angry with them, the goal in holding it back is - people wanting the update and are close to upgrades - will upgrade to newer devices with JB on them so AT&T/Verizon would make more money off them.

I Believe theory #2 - because the ones who REALLY want JB but can't upgrade and renew contracts/buy a new one out right, will wait however long for the JB release. But the ones who can upgrade/buy it out right... will get annoyed especially over the holiday period and would end up buying the new devices
The Following User Says Thank You to l2oot# For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift l2oot# Ad-Free
1st December 2012, 12:17 AM |#686  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by randun

Not so. The link on Samsung's site is outrageously misleading & whether purchased online or at a store, the AT&T SG3 comes stocked with ICS 4.0.4. End of story...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

End of story who are you that can say that?

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

Quote:

so I found out a bit more

Rogers
Telus
Bell
Sasktell
Virgin

all coming up in the next 2 weeks

Verizon & AT&T there are two theories don't know which one is true though

- Bloatware isn't ready

- They're holding back purposely and Samsung themselves are angry with them, the goal in holding it back is - people wanting the update and are close to upgrades - will upgrade to newer devices with JB on them so AT&T/Verizon would make more money off them.

I Believe theory #2 - because the ones who REALLY want JB but can't upgrade and renew contracts/buy a new one out right, will wait however long for the JB release. But the ones who can upgrade/buy it out right... will get annoyed especially over the holiday period and would end up buying the new devices

I don't believe either because the update will be out before Christmas

1st December 2012, 12:22 AM |#687  

More
Quote:

I never said anything about proof but on their site it says 4.1 so I'm sure that's what you'll get

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

We will probably get it at the same time. It all depends on where you get you're SGS3 from if it was in inventory then obviously it won't come with JB!

nope mine wasn't inventory - here in Canada with Rogers anyways I ordered it on the 9th of november 2 of them, we didn't get it until last week because they were all out of stock and had to wait for Samsung Canada to ship em more. And I had same day shipping as well so the day they got their stock I was sent em out

maybe after this week/next week the devices will start to ship with JB - but they haven't been yet

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Quote:

End of story who are you that can say that?

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

I don't believe either because the update will be out before Christmas

I can confirm Samsung had to communicate with Verizon / AT&T to hurry up and get on the ball - I know this because my company does marketing for samsung canada... Verizon has stated updates will start next week, AT&T still has not replied to Samsung
The Following User Says Thank You to l2oot# For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift l2oot# Ad-Free
1st December 2012, 12:32 AM |#688  

More
Quote:

nope mine wasn't inventory - here in Canada with Rogers anyways I ordered it on the 9th of november 2 of them, we didn't get it until last week because they were all out of stock and had to wait for Samsung Canada to ship em more. And I had same day shipping as well so the day they got their stock I was sent em out

maybe after this week/next week the devices will start to ship with JB - but they haven't been yet

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

I can confirm Samsung had to communicate with Verizon / AT&T to hurry up and get on the ball - I know this because my company does marketing for samsung canada... Verizon has stated updates will start next week, AT&T still has not replied to Samsung

So after next week JB it seems will be on devices and OTA ....

The Following User Says Thank You to AndreaCristiano For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AndreaCristiano Ad-Free
1st December 2012, 12:55 AM |#689  
Flag Round Rock TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 360

More
Dear lord! This thread is FULL of speculation and misinformation.
The Following User Says Thank You to tomtommy306 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tomtommy306 Ad-Free
1st December 2012, 01:15 AM |#690  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomtommy306

Dear lord! This thread is FULL of speculation and misinformation.

Its not misinformation if its just rumor and speculation.

1st December 2012, 01:22 AM |#691  
Flag Round Rock TEXAS
Thanks Meter: 360

More
All you guys gotta do is track down Steve Kondik aka Cyanogenmod and ask him about how the update process for Samsung phones works. He was hired by Samsung many, many months ago
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)