FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

The AT&T Jelly Bean Release Thread (4.1.1 released; Kies and OTA)

866 posts
Thanks Meter: 435

By ikjadoon, Senior Member on 10th November 2012, 08:10 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
14th November 2012, 11:52 PM |#81  
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond, KY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddleson

Tried to check for an update a few minutes ago, "communication failed, server unavailable." Hmmmmm.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, when I checked today, it also took longer than usual, something about contacting the DBA server? Unsure. Maybe because we're all checking at the TMo update, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey_r

Said I can check back in 18 hours and 59 minutes. Doubt that means anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app

It doesn't mean anything. You can only check every 24 hours, which means you checked about 1:16pm (EST).

~Ibrahim~
15th November 2012, 12:03 AM |#82  
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Just clear data on the at&t update app and you can check whenever you want.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cheddleson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cheddleson Ad-Free
15th November 2012, 12:35 AM |#83  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 104

More
LMAO @ OP (nobody knows)!

Sent from my SGH-I747 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to tnosz For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tnosz Ad-Free
15th November 2012, 01:59 AM |#84  
Flag Sherman, TX
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Just when I thought I knew everything, Something new...

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddleson

Just clear data on the at&t update app and you can check whenever you want.

15th November 2012, 02:07 AM |#85  
Flag Redwood Valley, Northwestern California (Previous-Pocatello, Idaho(90-97)/Southern California(71-90)
Thanks Meter: 609

More
Well, now Sprint and T-Mobile have their SGSIII JB updates, we should be next, right? They still have Verizon, U.S. Cellular, C-Spire and Metro PCS to go as well.
15th November 2012, 02:14 AM |#86  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
I want the update as much as the next person but, they can't pick and choose who to send it to "test" it. Most people just update because it tells them to. They just want the phone to work. Friends at work have gsii with Sprint and their recent update is causing the phone to shut off on its own, the prior update caused extensive battery drain. Take your time att and get it right. I'll get my jb fix elsewhere for now. I want it as bug free as possible when it arrives.
15th November 2012, 03:52 AM |#87  
Flag Altamonte springs, FL
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed20910

I want the update as much as the next person but, they can't pick and choose who to send it to "test" it. Most people just update because it tells them to. They just want the phone to work. Friends at work have gsii with Sprint and their recent update is causing the phone to shut off on its own, the prior update caused extensive battery drain. Take your time att and get it right. I'll get my jb fix elsewhere for now. I want it as bug free as possible when it arrives.

This +1 ^^^

15th November 2012, 03:59 AM |#88  
OP Senior Member
Flag Richmond, KY

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed20910

Oh, is this referring to my idea? Well, if so, I was thinking AT&T would just open up a thread here on XDA and start pumping out stock ROMs and we'd give feedback (we'd play along and say the bloatware is fine, etc., but also give bug feedback). Then, when all is good, they release it nation-wide, OTA-style.

--

Good point, though: better to make 2% of users get angry about waiting then making 50% of users angry about a crappier battery or now their WiFi doesn't work, etc.

But...what if?
The Following User Says Thank You to ikjadoon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ikjadoon Ad-Free
15th November 2012, 05:06 AM |#89  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikjadoon

Yeah, when I checked today, it also took longer than usual, something about contacting the DBA server? Unsure. Maybe because we're all checking at the TMo update, haha.

It doesn't mean anything. You can only check every 24 hours, which means you checked about 1:16pm (EST).

~Ibrahim~

If it means anything, I too just got the 'Communication Failed' error and normally it works. In fact, I had to replace my previous S3 as ATT couldn't figure out why mine was the only one having the issue when the last ota update came out. Either way I know mine works normally, so there *could* be something to this.
15th November 2012, 05:35 AM |#90  
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Well .. as I have posted in the Q&A thread .. if anyone has contacts at AT&T, or knows someone that is testing .. here is a complete listing of ALL the JB builds that are supposedly out there for our AT&T SGS3's.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1952399
15th November 2012, 06:42 AM |#91  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeRrYFaR

If it means anything, I too just got the 'Communication Failed' error and normally it works. In fact, I had to replace my previous S3 as ATT couldn't figure out why mine was the only one having the issue when the last ota update came out. Either way I know mine works normally, so there *could* be something to this.

Same error here....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)