FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[HOW-TO] The All-In-One Backup/Root/Flash Guide & Bootloader Support - [I747 & I747M]

2,356 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,764

By xBeerdroiDx, Senior Member on 6th March 2013, 09:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st October 2013, 09:53 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBeerdroiDx

Locate the s3's cm 10.1.3 rom thread and search the OP for the gapps download link. Flash from your custom recovery. Cheers.

Thanks, I was able to find and install the gapps from recovery mode.

2nd October 2013, 12:35 AM |#42  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spk_xda

Thanks, I was able to find and install the gapps from recovery mode.

rock on.
8th November 2013, 08:55 PM |#43  
OP Senior Member
Flag Fort Worth

More
i hope all you S3 die-hards are still kicking a$$ over here. just thought i'd drop in and drop a
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xBeerdroiDx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xBeerdroiDx Ad-Free
8th November 2013, 10:28 PM |#44  
Flag Barrie
Thanks Meter: 866

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBeerdroiDx

i hope all you S3 die-hards are still kicking a$$ over here. just thought i'd drop in and drop a

Still alive and kicking. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda app-developers app
20th November 2013, 10:02 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I have an issue with Odin when trying to root i747M. Odin found my phone, but it seem that the connection has some issue so it can not transfer data (photo attached).

Please help me to fix it.

Thanks
11th December 2013, 10:20 PM |#46  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 284

More
I am also having the problem of not seeing the Qualcomm USB options. I am running a freshly updated Stock Rogers Samsung SIII (SGH-i747M). When I do the dialer code (*#7284#) I just get 2 options... MODEM and PDA

If I download the stock one from the sammobile site I assume it will do the same? Any suggestions?

---------- Post added at 04:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodroweBones

I am also having the problem of not seeing the Qualcomm USB options. I am running a freshly updated Stock Rogers Samsung SIII (SGH-i747M). When I do the dialer code (*#7284#) I just get 2 options... MODEM and PDA

If I download the stock one from the sammobile site I assume it will do the same? Any suggestions?

Well I decided "Why dont I just flash a rooted stock ROM through ODIN". The latest one in the thread was 4.2.1 but figured why not as I will just flash a new ROM anyway... turns out once you are on 4.3 you cant downgrade and now the phone wont boot (goes to "Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again."). So no big deal. I grab Kies and then get reading and apparently once on 4.3 you can no longer use Kies as it will brick the phone... ugh!

At this point I'm assuming I download the 4.3 stock image from sammobile and then reflash it? After that how do I get rooted so I can flash other ROMs?
12th December 2013, 02:03 PM |#47  
Flag Winnipeg
Thanks Meter: 284

More
Well hopefully I'm on the right track with what I said above... unfortunately sammobile uses some pretty crappy file hosting so after waiting 5 hours the download failed (grrrr). Will have to try again
11th August 2014, 03:43 AM |#48  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Modem
My phone is a Canada Rogers i747m
I rooted the device and installed slimrom, I am not able to make calls, the phone does not even show cellphone towers.
I also updated the modem, I took the file from this forum.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1831898

I have also tried to put the oldest modem firmware from above link, but nothing works.when
when I Enter *#06# then press the call icon. I get a blank IMEI

Right now I am in India on the Airtel network

Please help
11th August 2014, 04:19 AM |#49  
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,916

Donate to Me
More
You need to find your base firmware/bootloader build. Open Terminal Emulator and enter this:

getprop ro.bootloader

Whatever this returns is the modem you need to flash.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
backup, flash, imei, recovery, root

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)