FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Bootanimation] MASSIVE 180+ QMG BootAnimation LiBRaRy KoLLecTioN (6/25/14)

380 posts
Thanks Meter: 772

By KachowPow, Senior Member on 8th March 2014, 06:23 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th March 2014, 05:25 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
i want the blowing smoke but the download is not working
25th March 2014, 07:19 PM |#42  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasilisaerox

i want the blowing smoke but the download is not working

Not sure why it was not working, worked fine for me on Dev-host. Either way I posted a mirror for Blowing Smoke on Media Fire, here is the link http://www.mediafire.com/download/no...tanimation.zip . The mirror link can be found in the comments on the Dev-Host original link for Blowing Smoke. Enjoy!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KachowPow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KachowPow Ad-Free
25th March 2014, 10:11 PM |#43  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
its worked but they are a bit lagy....the shutdown shows and lag and the boot after some seconds starts laging like showing some previus frames
26th March 2014, 02:41 AM |#44  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vasilisaerox

its worked but they are a bit lagy....the shutdown shows and lag and the boot after some seconds starts laging like showing some previus frames

Just so you know the boosamsungloop and shutdown are the same file 1.03MB. Keep in mind the links available on Dev-host are the earliest QMG files, with the exception of the 2 Sochi Olympic files (which represent what Note 3 QMG files should appear as.) Now, here's a surprise the Blowing Smoke images were 244x488, which I did not change these to the Note 3's full screen size of 1080x1920, which is also the same case with the other QMG files with the Dev-Host links. The importance of this is that regardless of the size of the actual image used, the compression method used in the QMG file can stretch the image to be used on a wide range of screen sizes. While the Dev-host links may not be optimal on the Note 3 they can work on other devices, the MediaFire links are truly designed for Note 3, they carry full 1080x1920, larger file sizes due to the larger real estate, and they also take a much longer time to make. While some may be displeased that I don't stretch an image to the full 1920, I do this because I don't want a thin image, also I would prefer to watch a boot animation load in portrait mode, rather than turn the screen side ways to watch an image load in 1080. But, that is how I make my QMG's...
26th March 2014, 05:18 PM |#45  
Flag England
Thanks Meter: 237

More
Heyyyyyy, how come he didn't get the same treatment I did with my question???
No fair :'-(
27th March 2014, 02:01 AM |#46  
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 187

More
KachowPow, just wanted to thank you again for your help and your contribution to xda. I have one issue though. I don't have enough time in the day to try out all your animations. Slow down bro, your an animal.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Robert542 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Robert542 Ad-Free
27th March 2014, 04:01 AM |#47  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert542

KachowPow, just wanted to thank you again for your help and your contribution to xda. I have one issue though. I don't have enough time in the day to try out all your animations. Slow down bro, your an animal.

Sent from my SM-N900P using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks Bud!
The Following User Says Thank You to KachowPow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KachowPow Ad-Free
28th March 2014, 01:39 AM |#48  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
Latest additions

Captain America- The 1st Avenger by KachowPow contributed by twilight79

Black Butler-Hellsing (anime)by KachowPow contributed by XRivetGirlX
31st March 2014, 12:18 AM |#49  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
I thought I would put this out there. I mainly made it for myself, which it is a favorite scene of mine from the latest movie 300: Rise of An Empire. I'm not adding a gif as I do not want to create a spoiler, but feel free to watch and enjoy!

31st March 2014, 11:19 AM |#50  
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 242

More
Problem resolved.
31st March 2014, 12:24 PM |#51  
OP Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shchiam1978

Hi there,
I am a note 3 with custom ROM Super fast and furious KK ROM NC2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...639190&page=15

I found the S5 boot animation from the youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHDpqEgJRzA and extracted the zip file from the download link below: http://www.mediafire.com/download/to...8iw1kq3/s5.zip

In my current custom ROM, there's Bootanimation.zip file which i rename it instead of removing it.
This applies to all the qmg files which i rename it instead of removing it.

In the youtube, the instruction is to flash it via recovery which i did and it doesn't work so I copy all the necessary files and gave the permission as stated in OP.

End result when booting: it only showing small mini android word + S5 Boot sound
End result when shut down: S5 shutdown logo
Can someone advice what went wrong?
I guess there's bootanimation.bin file that i need to replace or something. Not too sure

Thanks

The problem is you can not flash QMG files. Instead you must extract the QMG files from the zip folder, then you must manually move the QMG files into the system/media file . Take a look at the OP, I have laid out detailed instruction on how to do this. Also, note that in order for the QMG files to work you must remove the bootanimation.zip file from the system/media folder. The 3 main files that should be present are the bootsamsung.qmg (which plays the boot animation) the bootsamsungloop.qmg (which plays the "loop" that follows the bootsamsung.qmg,) and the shutdown.qmg (which plays a boot animation when the device is restarted.) Also, note if you care to have sound it will be located in the system/media/audio/ui under the file name PowerOn.ogg. The permission settings for the Ogg file is rw-r-r and for the QMG file for the most optimal play settings is rw-r-r-T, the "T" the "T" represents sticky which is a special permission in Root Explorer. Enjoy!
The Following User Says Thank You to KachowPow For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KachowPow Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)