FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Bluetooth keyboard - no simultaneous key presses

511 posts
Thanks Meter: 90

By daniel_loft, Senior Member on 5th November 2013, 11:27 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all!

Recently I've bought a generic bluetooth keyboard from Carrefour. Nothing fancy, it seems that it was made with multiple platforms in mind. The model is CBK01 (OY661-1). This keyboard works great on Windows, it sends 2-3, maybe even 4 simultaneous key presses. But on Android it only sends one key at a time. I can't even write capital letters with it. The for now, the problem is partially solved via External Keyboard Helper, but only partially.

I've tried both Logitech's diNovo Mini keyboard and a wired keyboard (via OTG) and they both work just fine. So I guess the problem is somewhere in the middle. I just don't know where.

If anybody can help me solve this, even with a small hint, I'd be grateful.
Thanks!

26th November 2013, 10:52 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stuttgart

More
Bump!

Anybody?
1st December 2013, 11:23 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel_loft

Hello all!

Recently I've bought a generic bluetooth keyboard from Carrefour. Nothing fancy, it seems that it was made with multiple platforms in mind. The model is CBK01 (OY661-1). This keyboard works great on Windows, it sends 2-3, maybe even 4 simultaneous key presses. But on Android it only sends one key at a time. I can't even write capital letters with it. The for now, the problem is partially solved via External Keyboard Helper, but only partially.

I've tried both Logitech's diNovo Mini keyboard and a wired keyboard (via OTG) and they both work just fine. So I guess the problem is somewhere in the middle. I just don't know where.

If anybody can help me solve this, even with a small hint, I'd be grateful.
Thanks!

I have the same keyboard and same problems. Right now I'm looking for a solution, but nothing so far.
1st December 2013, 12:47 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stuttgart

More
Just yesterday I've seen a Canyon bluetooth keyboard (can't find it online) in a local Carrefour for about 33 euros / 46 $ and it had Android/Windows/Mac written on 3 keys, which I assumed it was for changing modes for the three platforms (and key codes at the same time). So I guess the problems with our Carrefour keyboard come from the wrong key codes. I'll search into this a little later today or in the next days.
Wish you a nice Sunday!
5th March 2014, 09:08 PM |#5  

More
no fix yet ?
Has anyone found a solution for this keyboard ? The simultaneous key bug affects android and linux (ubuntu). In android i also got a bug that when I press one time the v key it repeats the letter many times.
6th March 2014, 05:20 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Stuttgart

More
Giving that xtra22 is confirming similar problems on Ubuntu, I'm starting to think this might be a driver/OS related problem.
xtra22 could you please raise this problem on Ubuntu forums? There might be more Ubuntu users out there having this problem, maybe even with other keyboards too.
Wish you a great day!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
31st August 2019, 01:36 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtra22

Has anyone found a solution for this keyboard ? The simultaneous key bug affects android and linux (ubuntu). In android i also got a bug that when I press one time the v key it repeats the letter many times.

Did you find any solution to this problem? Since I am having the same issue but with the C key
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bluetooth, bluetooth keyboard, keyboard

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)