Search This thread

StrumerJohn

Jul 5, 2011
Glendale, AZ
plus.google.com
A ah yes I see. This must be the build.prop optimizations from the GT 7.7

A shame this doesn't work with my 3g tab...:-(

Sent from my GT-P6200 using xda premium
I might work on a ROM for the GT-P6200 :)
Let's see how many people actually would use it though first. I would also need someone to be a pre-release tester before I release it to the OP. I don't own a 3G tab so I can't test out any modifications I make.

Aside from the possibility of making one for the 3G tab, I would like to also toss out an ETA for the next update-- tomorrow.
Tomorrow will be the last Beta release, so far none of the modifications have broken anything, so awesome for us!
After beta releases, I'll clean up the OP and start working on a really nice Release Client.

Oh and I'm also trying to get a better host! Does anyone know of a good site that's free?

Thanks!
- StrumerJohn

Asylum1621

Mar 3, 2011
99 problems and BT is one!

Thanks for all the good work StrumerJohn I've been running beta 2 for a week or so and it seems to be very stable. Out of curiosity have you made any changes to the bluetooth driver or anything else bluetooth related? I'm having a terrible time getting BT to auto connect for media playback in my truck. The 7+ makes a great nav unit but it's killing me not being able to steady connect to BT. (I'm running an ICS rom on my phone that doesn't have BT support so I have no Pandora in my truck until I figure this out..) I'll probably flash back to stock this weekend and do some more BT testing, see if maybe it's my truck's BT that's being finnicky. (It's never been finicky with my iphone or my Samsung Infuse when it was running gingerbread.)

What happens is that the tablet will connect to my truck's bluetooth for a few seconds and then disconnect, from there it either turns off the bluetooth, waits a few seconds and turns it back on, or it just stays disconnected a minute (without actually turning bluetooth off) and then tries to connect again. Connects, 5 seconds later disconnects, and repeat. Power cycling of either my stereo or my tablet doesn't make any difference.

Ceelos09

Apr 18, 2011
Devhost is also a good alternative

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

StrumerJohn

Jul 5, 2011
Glendale, AZ
plus.google.com
Alright new build uploading. Minor changes. Tried to fix the BT issue someone was having too. Not sure if it fixed anything since I never had issues pairing it with my bt headset, car, or phone (for file-transfer).

Should be done by 9 or 10 tonight PST.

Reactions: prmax

CrisisCorE

Jan 9, 2011
I'd like to volunteer and offer my 6200 3g for beta testing;) also for hosting id recommend x10hosting.com. Theyre free and offer unlimited traffic etc. Ive been happy with them quite a while now

Asylum1621

Mar 3, 2011
Thanks StrumerJohn I'll reflash tonight and see if it makes a difference. To be clear I have no issues pairing the tablet, the initial time that is, it just won't auto connect to BT afterwards, I have to unpair, and repair to get audio working.

Asylum1621

Mar 3, 2011
So I flashed your latest and it's mostly good news but a little bad news.
The bluetooth connects! Not just once, but multiple times it would seem. I'll have to do a little roadtrip testing later but it worked when I tested it just now. It still won't auto connect though... for instance, if I turn the tablet off and leave the truck running, then turn the tablet back on, bam it connects; but if I turn the truck off and leave the tablet on (a much more common scenario) it won't auto connect. I made a quicksetting button for bluetooth and from there it's only one more button press to connect, so way better than it was doing before. Went back to gingerbread on my phone (so I'd have a working bt for comparison) and whether I leave bluetooth on or just turn it on when I get in the truck it'll auto connect. Not sure what that's about but definitely going in the right direction here.

If anyone's interested this is my mount, it works really well but you have a flat dash, not a sloped one, made it a little difficult to find a spot in my ranger, but nbd and it looks good in there. I'll post a pic later maybe.
http://www.mountguys.com/Removable_No_Glue_Sticky_Dash_Tablet_iPad_Mount_p/tab178.htm

Last edited:

Asylum1621

Mar 3, 2011
Bluetooth was still messing up on me so I flashed the stock LA3 image and then tried the Galaxy Rom HD, it didn't install very smooth but after a couple flashes it stuck and now my bluetooth auto connects. I'll check back on this rom in a while though and see how it's coming along, thanks for looking at the bt strumerjohn

Husky997

Jul 17, 2009
Krk
Hi everyone
This rom have a option change screen shot icon in bar to menu button like ICS or other device? I have a big problem with GenieWidget app I can't changeing topics becouse not show a menu button. Any idea?
My device: Samsung Tab 7 plus - P6200 europe version

Last edited:

StrumerJohn

Jul 5, 2011
Glendale, AZ
plus.google.com
Hey guys! I'm sorry for the lack of responses. I've been sick and kind of still am and in that kind of lazy-ness afterstage effect :p But anyways I'm working on a P6200 release along with version 1.0 of the ROM as well. I teamed up with another dev as well to hopefully get some things done and some mods made!

Time to get back on the road with this project!

I'm going to need a beta tester for the P6200. Also, what's the latest firmware you guys are on? Can I get a Download Link?

Thanks!
StrumerJohn

REPLIES to questions:
Hi everyone
This rom have a option change screen shot icon in bar to menu button like ICS or other device? I have a big problem with GenieWidget app I can't changeing topics becouse not show a menu button. Any idea?
My device: Samsung Tab 7 plus - P6200 europe version
No this ROM does not have a feature to change the screenshot button to menu, however if an app uses the menu button, it should appear still. If it doesn't it's the app dev's issue.
Is this okay for 6200 now??
No. It will be soon though.
Bluetooth was still messing up on me so I flashed the stock LA3 image and then tried the Galaxy Rom HD, it didn't install very smooth but after a couple flashes it stuck and now my bluetooth auto connects. I'll check back on this rom in a while though and see how it's coming along, thanks for looking at the bt strumerjohn
Really? Damn. Hopefully I can get this fixed. Can you give me a log? Is anyone else having these issues with bluetooth not pairing?

Reactions: tzacapaca

likenota

Dec 29, 2010
Having issues with this device freezing with apps frequently how do i go back to stock without restoring everything?

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Tapatalk 2

StrumerJohn

Jul 5, 2011
Glendale, AZ
plus.google.com
Having issues with this device freezing with apps frequently how do i go back to stock without restoring everything?

Without restoring?
You could just flash a stock ROM over without wiping anything, however that would likely result in even worse results. I recommend backing your applications data up with a third party app on the PlayStore such as Titanium Backup, then restoring them with the app after the fresh/wiped install of a stock ROM. You could also use your recovery to backup your data and then to restore it just after the install of a new ROM, however using an app is the safest method.

P.S. Working with someone to release something sexy :') You'll have to wait and see.
:TGHD:

likenota

Dec 29, 2010
Im hesitant to go back to stock kus i really truly believe this rom made battery life a whole lot better but ive noticed more lag from it however :/ great work on a rom however

StrumerJohn

Jul 5, 2011
Glendale, AZ
plus.google.com
Im hesitant to go back to stock kus i really truly believe this rom made battery life a whole lot better but ive noticed more lag from it however :/ great work on a rom however

Sorry to see you leave!
================================================
An update for everyone:

Goodies will begin baking Friday when testing is complete for my partner. Expect a NICE, STABLE, FAST, Super powered, awesome battery life ROM coming your way by next week.

Have a great day!
-StrumerJohn ^^

P.S. Full support for ALL devices will be included in this upcoming release, however since we do not own them, it will be up to those who own them to report bugs.
Oh and the ROM may have a little "HD" thrown in if you know what I mean ;')

Justinhopaolo

May 15, 2011
Sorry to see you leave!
================================================
An update for everyone:

Goodies will begin baking Friday when testing is complete for my partner. Expect a NICE, STABLE, FAST, Super powered, awesome battery life ROM coming your way by next week.

Have a great day!
-StrumerJohn ^^

P.S. Full support for ALL devices will be included in this upcoming release, however since we do not own them, it will be up to those who own them to report bugs.
Oh and the ROM may have a little "HD" thrown in if you know what I mean ;')

P6200 included?? Just to make sure :)

Ace9876

Aug 8, 2011
Support for P6200/6201/6210/6211. But it could take a while.

Sent from my GT-P6211 using Tapatalk 2

StrumerJohn

Jul 5, 2011
Glendale, AZ
plus.google.com
P6200 included?? Just to make sure :)

Yes. All devices will be supported. No official ETA, but expect them to be in the new OP that will be posted sometime this weekend or the start of next week.

:) In case Ace's post flew past you, he is the mysterious person I planned on working with.

This thread will be locked / closed as this ROM will no longer be supported as of 6/29/2012. Grab the ROM from the OP before it gets removed if you insist on running it still even though it's never been 100% stable and gets really bad lag if the cache and d. caches aren't wiped every 5 days or so.

%238-rund.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fast Form
    Based off of OMGBBQROM with a pinch of magic from Antiochasylum
    6.1.12​
    Keys.jpg

Information

'Fast Form' is a minimalistic stock ROM created from the latest Honeycomb firmware by Samsung.
    This is one of my first public released ROMs so it's not the greatest, however I really want to try and make it the best I can!
    I'm trying to keep this ROM stable and smooth so I won't add something that benefits one feature, but breaks another. I want a
    smooth device for myself to get through my first year of high school. In order to meet these standards, the ROM is based off of
    OMGBBQROM by bdds13. Big thanks to him for letting me use his ROM as a base! As of 1p.m. PST 6.1.12, the ROM now also
    includes the favorable ICS theme by Antiochasylum! Thanks for letting me use it in my ROM! :D

Features
    • Latest Honeycomb firmware by Samsung
    • Rooted
    • Zip-aligned apps
    • De-odexed
    • Stability and Support
    • Includes latest version of the Market or Playstore
    • De-Bloated
    • Speed Enchancments
    • Build.prop Tweaks
    • And many more other modifications!
    Coming Soon
    • Better stability
    • More speed tweaks
    • New included apps
    • Other cool features
    Special Thanks

I just wanted to thank bdds13 for the base and Antiochasylum for the theme + all of my friends on XDA for teaching me a little bit about how ROMs work!

Disclaimer
    I am not responsible if you brick, break, blow up, drop, lose, or get your device pregnant. Everything you do is your responsibility.
    This ROM is only made for the GT-P6210/WiFi only Tablet, It is not compatible with Gary's Kernel, and it may not work on everyone's device.
    I'm not a real developer and I don't know how to fix your device if you break it!

Installation
    MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU BEGIN. Place ROM zip on your device. It may go on the Tablet storage or an external sdcard. Enter the recovery by pushing Power+Vol_Up (releasing power after the tab is turned on), then install.
    It's recommended to wipe all of your caches and if coming from a different ROM, a full data wipe. DO NOT WIPE YOUR SYSTEM!

Download

Download Last beta release here: http://ge.tt/96I2LuI/v/0?c (Note this is NOT the last ROM update)
    Download the latest build [Beta 0.3 - 6/5/12] Here: https://hotfile.com/dl/158635278/bfda5a0/FastFormUpdateB3-signed.zip.html
    Download build Beta 0.2 Here: http://ge.tt/1pgv2cI/v/0?c
    Download build Beta 0.1 Here: http://minus.com/lbaxBivXJJvhMw

Changelog

• Fixed Bluetooth? (Maybe)
    • Edited Build.prop again
    • Other stuff I'll add tomorrow :p ~Night!~

(Old)
    • Fixed GPU errors
    • Edits to Build.pro
    • Updated apps
    • Updated all applications to the latest version out
    • Fixed Google Talk (I think)
    • Build.prop tweaked a bit more (Lemme know results)
    • Themed the ROM to an ICS theme by Antiochasylum! (Thanks dude!)
    • Fixed a WiFi Issue where the signal came in weird/really weak for no reason randomly
    • Fixed some more junk I broke on a .15(ish) build
    • It should boot up faster now
    More Screenshots

capture_12.png
    capture_13.png
    capture_14.png
    capture_15.png

capture_16.png
    capture_17.png

Camera Samples
    20120601_042123.jpg
    20120601_042201.jpg

20120601_042140.jpg
    A ah yes I see. This must be the build.prop optimizations from the GT 7.7

A shame this doesn't work with my 3g tab...:-(

I might work on a ROM for the GT-P6200 :)
    Let's see how many people actually would use it though first. I would also need someone to be a pre-release tester before I release it to the OP. I don't own a 3G tab so I can't test out any modifications I make.

Aside from the possibility of making one for the 3G tab, I would like to also toss out an ETA for the next update-- tomorrow.
    Tomorrow will be the last Beta release, so far none of the modifications have broken anything, so awesome for us!
    After beta releases, I'll clean up the OP and start working on a really nice Release Client.

Oh and I'm also trying to get a better host! Does anyone know of a good site that's free?

Thanks!
    - StrumerJohn
    Okay guys ill be home by tomorrow morning hopefully. I'll be sure to post a new version as soon as I can! Thanks for your patience. I think someone mirrored the b2 release so use that dl for now sorry! :) See you all tomorrow!

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D / 4g LTE using viperROM (on both)

EDIT

OP Updated with latest version! Just a really minor update this time. I have some good stuff in store though! :D I hope you guys are enjoying the ROM! Throw in any requests if you have any and I'll be sure to evaluate them and if they are badass enough, throw them in the ROM. xD

Anyways... yeah, this is just a small update, just wipe caches and flash over Beta2 or if you're a newcomer, I'd wipe data and caches (Facility Reset / Data Reset / Just format those both lol) and then flash.

P.S. Anyone been playing with the camera mods? It's still not a great camera, but it takes some really good close up shots!