Official: Mango Public Unveiling on May 24th

Search This thread

buffalosolja42

Aug 19, 2007
Gainesville
well nice review....

You guys are all entitled to your opinion but you guys forgot about MS antitrust from monopoly items is about to drop, everyone raves about integration lets see what they bring. Don't you think its great timing to release Mango to developers after this goes away this month...... We will just have to see what they do with the power they have.

dtboos

Dec 22, 2009
People did know what they were getting into. I miss all the features I had before as well, but I knew it was new and would be missing those features. I stayed with it because the OS is so much better than anything else, and I can see where it is and will be going.

Almost EVERYTHING people are missing is coming in Mango (+Nokia deal (ovi maps will be great in countries bing maps isnt as good in)). Thats one seriously big update that none of the other platforms ever saw, and will single handily bring WP OS to at least what the others offer, if not more depending on what else they add...with better all around integration. There will still be things left to add after mango, but the majority of things will be taken care of, and they will continue to add the small things such as minor tweaks/additions, and people's OCD needs. If you aren't excited for Mango I don't know what to tell ya. And we only know of the 'leaks' let alone any other good stuff announced in a couple weeks.

If you can't function with the OS like it is, why did you buy it? If you can't wait for Mango, or don't like the OS, move on. Stop torturing yourself lol.

Peew971

Sep 7, 2008
London
Thank you dtboos for bringing us back to the actual topic.
8 days before the event, the leaks have been pretty exciting, let's hope it all pans out.

Sent from my Omnia 7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

brummiesteven

Aug 29, 2008
Birmingham

slighmd

Feb 28, 2009
New API's and Twitter integration like Facebook right? This'll be awesome! and the new hardware specs/requirements will also be revealed right?

solidkevin

Mar 15, 2010
Any Idea when we might get Mango? Will it need new hardware? Aside from the HD7S im not a big fan of any of the current WP's.

dtboos

Dec 22, 2009
Any Idea when we might get Mango? Will it need new hardware? Aside from the HD7S im not a big fan of any of the current WP's.

We will not more about 'when' on May 24th (next week) when they have their big event. It will not need new hardware. All current phones will get the update. But any new abilities like Gyroscope, Front Facing Camera ect you would obviously need a phone with those installed to take advantage of those features.

brummiesteven

Aug 29, 2008
Birmingham
Back on topic, I wonder what other improvements are being made to Zune.

I'd like to see "plugin" support or something like that in both the desktop and phone client so we can use last.fm to scrobble.

Setting the artist as the background will be great, I used to love that on HTC Sense although if it's anything like the backgrounds that come up on the Zune Desktop Client then this will be much better.

Last edited:

solidkevin

Mar 15, 2010
We will not more about 'when' on May 24th (next week) when they have their big event. It will not need new hardware. All current phones will get the update. But any new abilities like Gyroscope, Front Facing Camera ect you would obviously need a phone with those installed to take advantage of those features.

Nice, Im gonna wait to see what new hardware comes with mango, hope its soon as Its either a mango wp7 or IP5 for me, I really wanna like WP7 but I want it at a complete, mature state, lets see if apple really steps up IOS as WP is just awesome looking and and works well, just needs those missing things, im done with android personally.

tiny17

Sep 2, 2009
To get this thread back on topic, I will leave this juicy rumor here:

It will likely be announced on the 24th that Mango will be released this summer, which will likely mean that people on carriers will probably start getting the update as early as September, those less fortunate, October, and so forth.

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
Thread reopened......

Keep it on topic. You are only getting one warning.
In case you were'nt aware, the topic is the Mango update.....

I dont care about apple, I dont care about Android..........
I really do not give a monkeys about your personal feelings about WP7.
If you want to voice those opinions you are in the wrong place.

Please do not attempt to make off the cuff remarks accompanied by some vague reference to Mango.

Derail this thread and you will be infracted.

Reactions: creamy

truffle1234

Mar 16, 2007
Tokyo
every single day there are new things popping up in the news as new features in Mango update....

i have set the countdown on my HD7 for the launch date...

MS said wait for 25th may 2011 for something big and its going to be big...

FiyaFleye

Oct 26, 2008
Miami
This should be merged with the two/three other threads about this for easy reference tbh, so users don't need to go through three threads for various information.

Btw, did anybody see the WPCentral & WMPoweruser posts about the new HTC with the 16mp camera for T-Mobile? It looks and sounds like the Nexus on crack for Windows Phone lol

conantroutman

Retired Senior Moderator - XDA Portal Team
Dec 10, 2009
This should be merged with the two/three other threads about this for easy reference tbh, so users don't need to go through three threads for various information.

Btw, did anybody see the WPCentral & WMPoweruser posts about the new HTC with the 16mp camera for T-Mobile? It looks and sounds like the Nexus on crack for Windows Phone lol

We don't generally merge threads anymore. .

Feel free to offer up links and I'll insert them into the op

nicksti

Sep 7, 2009
To get this thread back on topic, I will leave this juicy rumor here:

It will likely be announced on the 24th that Mango will be released this summer, which will likely mean that people on carriers will probably start getting the update as early as September, those less fortunate, October, and so forth.

Thanks to the mod for cleaning up the thread.

I wanted to make a comment on this post:

If this happens this will be great for the OS. I think it is important for them to hit the ground running before November. I think this is going to be a better Christmas than last year (USA up 14% retail, best in 4 years) so there is some money to be made.

So where are we at?
A fresh but limited OS with nice handsets but poor sales on launch.
A bunch of grumbling about no updates and missing features.
A planned massive software update that, if all goes according to plan, will make the system a decent one even in the eyes of its harshest critics.

A rollercoaster ride but that goes with the business. There will always be more features to add and more bugs to fix, but what we all need to understand is choice is a good thing, even if it is caviar vs crumbs.

Can't wait. Bring on that Nokia Windows Phone. :)

Top Liked Posts