Bluetooth problem when streaming in car?

Search This thread

aznknightz17

Apr 12, 2010
Atlanta, GA
None of you guys have any issues with streaming audio music/pandora/google music on your phone to the car? :confused: My problem is getting worst and I cant stand it any longer. The music would skip constantly every few seconds making it unbearable. I checked google and few people has problems with it on androidcentral, im surprised no thread for it on here?

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
No issues here since device came out. Have a uconnect setup in my car and stream everything from my phones BT to the vehicle's BT. My old device did that often, had an older version of BT though I think? I've yet to have issues, sure maybe 1-2 times every week a song might skip a beat but not at all on the regular. If it's a regular occuranxe it could be a bad connection. I would then delete the profile and link from scratch the vehicle and phone's BT.

Also while listening and if it gets bad. Stop the BT connection, then reconnect. Sometimes a reconnection is better than your previous and skips go away. I just turn BT off on my device, wait a few minutes, then turn it back on and let the 2 connect. Try this and the above, those 2 methods should work if not one or the other.

munraf

May 24, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
None of you guys have any issues with streaming audio music/pandora/google music on your phone to the car? :confused: My problem is getting worst and I cant stand it any longer. The music would skip constantly every few seconds making it unbearable. I checked google and few people has problems with it on androidcentral, im surprised no thread for it on here?

I get static issues if someone calls me while I am listening to bluetooth audio, and then switch back to music. Usually switching to the radio and then back to bluetooth audio resolves this. Try making sure your settings in pairing options are set to allow data transfer between the device and your car. I initially could not even connect my device until I checked off that option.

HtcOneJon

Dec 5, 2013
I used to have the issue with HTC One M7 and Galaxy S4 in my Renault Medianav, but no such issues with the One M8,.

mcox1124

Dec 6, 2010
Seattle, WA
I can semi- validate this issue. I have three Bluetooth devices. My headset for phone calls will get some static if my M8 is also connected to my HTC Stereoclip, but goes away as soon as I'm out of range of the Stereoclip. Because of this, and the fact my Stereoclip runs on battery and often fails to disconnect after I leave car mode, I tried switching out my Stereoclip for the RocketFish Bluetooth Music Receiver.

Now, I don't get the static, but when streaming music through the RocketFish, it skips every 20-40 seconds. I've swapped out the RocketFish twice and have had the same issue each time.

Based on queries on the Android Revolution HD thread, the developers are saying it's a base issue and needs to be fixed by HTC.

I just find it odd that the Stereoclip will steam media without skipping, but third party hardware like the RocketFish does skip. Also, my headset doesn't get the aforementioned static issues with the RocketFish.

Also worth noting I have not had both the Stereoclip and RocketFish paired to my phone at the same time.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: benasaur

benasaur

Dec 20, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Just wanted to second this. Mine isn't that bad, but every so often (3-5 minutes) the music skips about 0.5 seconds. Have tried stopping my navigation app, putting the phone to sleep, and unplugging the charger. Nothing works so far.

Pretty sure it is not a pairing issue since this started the first time I paired my phone to the car stereo.

Needless to say, not happening when listening with headphones or speakers.

Any insight or updates would be very helpful. Thanks.

UntouchableS

May 25, 2010
Just wanted to second this. Mine isn't that bad, but every so often (3-5 minutes) the music skips about 0.5 seconds. Have tried stopping my navigation app, putting the phone to sleep, and unplugging the charger. Nothing works so far.

Pretty sure it is not a pairing issue since this started the first time I paired my phone to the car stereo.

Needless to say, not happening when listening with headphones or speakers.

Any insight or updates would be very helpful. Thanks.

I have the same problem using a Sony Bluetooth Speaker BTX300.
It's really annoying. It happens with Deezer, Spotify or internal mp3. It does not happen on voice calls.

Maybe it's something related to the Bluetooth bitrate not handled correctly by device ?

Success100

Jan 31, 2008
Cleveland
Only happens to me in stock radio over bluetooth with the mylink system in the new chevys. No problem with my Kenwood head unit in my Cherokee though

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

Hayaku

May 25, 2008
Toronto
On stock Bell ROM, pre camera/EPSM update, happened every minute in my 2011 Subaru WRX as well as my Motorola Buds. I flashed InsertCoin 2.4.0 and ElementX 0.10 today... no more skipping. Not sure which it was.

Zynesterysdan

Sep 9, 2013
I'd had this issue before on my m7 with Pandora. Are you guys using adaway? If so, disable it and try again, it should go away

techdave

Jun 25, 2008
Hi guys,

Resurrecting this thread. I am having skipping/stuttering issues with my phone when streaming using Spotify over bluetooth A2DP.
I've tested this on 3 different bluetooth devices (Volvo, Belkin and another bluetooth speaker).

The problem is very annoying, once the screen goes off, music would slightly pause every 20-30 seconds.
This happens when using Spotify and TuneIn Radio.. so I'm pretty sure it's not an application problem.

Anyone else having the same problem? I'm running 4.4.3 - 2.07.980.2..
Also, I'm pretty sure this only started happening after the latest update from HTC.

techdave

Jun 25, 2008
Hi guys,

Resurrecting this thread. I am having skipping/stuttering issues with my phone when streaming using Spotify over bluetooth A2DP.
I've tested this on 3 different bluetooth devices (Volvo, Belkin and another bluetooth speaker).

[UPDATE] I've tried doing some tests with turning wifi - OFF and I did not experience any sound/music skips during this morning commute. I will see how this goes in the next few days.

pmcee

Aug 1, 2010
[UPDATE] I've tried doing some tests with turning wifi - OFF and I did not experience any sound/music skips during this morning commute. I will see how this goes in the next few days.

I'm using an app that starts playing music as soon as I connect to my cars Bluetooth. Luckily this app also provides "wifi off on connect"

Gonna give this a try. Really hope this fixes the audio drops. Hate it.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One_M8 mit Tapatalk

pmcee

Aug 1, 2010
So from one day with Wifi off I can definitely tell it doesn't drop audio on Bluetooth streaming anymore.

So turn your Wifi off to fix the m8 ?

techdave

Jun 25, 2008
So from one day with Wifi off I can definitely tell it doesn't drop audio on Bluetooth streaming anymore.

So turn your Wifi off to fix the m8 ?

Glad it works for you as well, this has fixed the problem for me most of the time. I use the Trigger app to turn off wifi when bluetooth connects.

On another issue which I don't think is related to the above, on my Volvo at random times, I still have severe stuttering issues to the point that you almost can't tell what music is playing. I've been having this since day 1 with the M8 and not from recent fw upgrade as above. I'm not sure whether this is Spotify or the bluetooth stack tho.

Nevertheless, any of the blueooth issues were something I never experienced with Samsung Galaxy S3, Xperia Z or any other phones. HTC!!, are you listening!?! :mad:

ErikG

Dec 3, 2007
rBlink

I have the same problems connecting to my Arcam rBlink at home with my M8. Music dropouts every 20-30 secs. Streaming from my sons M7 is flawlessly.
Stopping Wifi makes it slightly better but is no option since I want to use spotify over wifi.
Could it be a problem with a low bit rate for bluetooth audio?
Arcam gives the advice to increase it for OS X as high as 58.

Legobricke

Aug 10, 2010
Jupiter
I am also getting this issue as of late....

I'm using an unrooted Sprint M8 HK phone.

My problem is audio drop out (0.5 sec) constantly. Doesn't make a difference over BlueTooth or the speakers.

It appears that it is related to the phone accessing something during playback which causes the dropout.

It does it when streaming over wif or data... it even does it with audio that I have downloaded to my SD card...

I have uninstalled everything back to when I thought the issues started with no luck.

Anyone with any ideas? I see where some have had this issue and even a hard reset (wipe) didn't solve it.

This doesn't occur on my Verizon M8 which has almost the identical app's installed.

Lego

sergiokawasaki

Jan 3, 2015
I have an international version M8, bluetooth skips randomly when streaming on car bluetooth and to my sony srs X9 speaker. It seems to happen only with continuos feeds. Mi cousin told me the problem could be that bt device is searching at all times for other devices but since there is no option to stop search i can't be sure.

Arjento

Apr 22, 2010
I have an international version M8, bluetooth skips randomly when streaming on car bluetooth and to my sony srs X9 speaker. It seems to happen only with continuos feeds. Mi cousin told me the problem could be that bt device is searching at all times for other devices but since there is no option to stop search i can't be sure.

I am also having problems I have a Scala headset on my crash helmet it doesn't matter if WiFi is on or not when streaming music, It seems to be better with the play music app the car app is annoying because it comes part of htc and I don't know how to disable it without rooting the phone. Has anyone come up with a solution yet? It sounds like an old LP playing with the stylus jumping like a good en.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I can semi- validate this issue. I have three Bluetooth devices. My headset for phone calls will get some static if my M8 is also connected to my HTC Stereoclip, but goes away as soon as I'm out of range of the Stereoclip. Because of this, and the fact my Stereoclip runs on battery and often fails to disconnect after I leave car mode, I tried switching out my Stereoclip for the RocketFish Bluetooth Music Receiver.

Now, I don't get the static, but when streaming music through the RocketFish, it skips every 20-40 seconds. I've swapped out the RocketFish twice and have had the same issue each time.

Based on queries on the Android Revolution HD thread, the developers are saying it's a base issue and needs to be fixed by HTC.

I just find it odd that the Stereoclip will steam media without skipping, but third party hardware like the RocketFish does skip. Also, my headset doesn't get the aforementioned static issues with the RocketFish.

Also worth noting I have not had both the Stereoclip and RocketFish paired to my phone at the same time.