Orginal Defy+ HF5X 1700mAh battery :)

Search This thread

labsin

Apr 17, 2011
Antwerp
Redmi 9 Power
Sorry to revive a post so old, but I'm going through the same problem.

I have a Defy MB525 and bought a battery original Defy + MB526 and these crazy drops happen throughout the charge cycle.

Can anyone really help because I tried several tips and nothing worked. Today I am using CM10.2 which in theory has the correct driver for the Defy + battery and yet the drops continue.

One thing I noticed is that the original Defy the load drop occurs in 61% to 49% and after 30% to 19%, but when I use a charger Samsung Galaxy S4 (which has 2000 mha output) the happens only drop from 43% to 19%. Do not be a hardware failure in the Defy does not allow the battery to be fully charged?
Probably just worn.
Where did you buy this Defy+ battery? Anything under $20 on ebay are used worn batteries. Charging your phone with a charger not meant for the Defy isn't good ether as is charging till 100, keep in charger long time and dropping below 20% all the time.

I bought a genuine new Defy+ battery and use it with no problems in my old Defy. Just installed CM10.2, that's it.

Reactions: tobias1108

viamais.net

Oct 8, 2013
Blumenau
www.viamais.net
Probably just worn.
Where did you buy this Defy+ battery? Anything under $20 on ebay are used worn batteries. Charging your phone with a charger not meant for the Defy isn't good ether as is charging till 100, keep in charger long time and dropping below 20% all the time.

I bought a genuine new Defy+ battery and use it with no problems in my old Defy. Just installed CM10.2, that's it.

Thanks for answering.

But is that my Defy is very strange. In the first place my boot and burn it with my battery that had drops of 30% to 19% went on to have a huge drop from 50% to 0%. With the new battery the problem of the drop remains exactly the same, I found it strange the problem occurs exactly in two different batteries.

Anyway, I live in Brazil and bought the battery on a Motorola authorized and they have already made its replacement, but as I do not have a charger still did not use it.

Now I doubt if I can go with using the battery charging via USB or by being the first charge cycle would be the correct buy a new wall charger.

labsin

Apr 17, 2011
Antwerp
Redmi 9 Power
Thanks for answering.

But is that my Defy is very strange. In the first place my boot and burn it with my battery that had drops of 30% to 19% went on to have a huge drop from 50% to 0%. With the new battery the problem of the drop remains exactly the same, I found it strange the problem occurs exactly in two different batteries.

Anyway, I live in Brazil and bought the battery on a Motorola authorized and they have already made its replacement, but as I do not have a charger still did not use it.

Now I doubt if I can go with using the battery charging via USB or by being the first charge cycle would be the correct buy a new wall charger.
If you bought it from an authorized re-seller it's strange that it does the things you describe. Even if you misuse it, it should only be after a year or so that it'd be that bad.
Do you know anyone else with a Defy? That's the easiest way to check if the battery is bad. Lend it to him for a week or so and see if he complains.
Also see if the battery is bulky (if it lies on a flat surface, it should not rock from left to right). A bump in the battery is a clear sign that it's bad. New ones should be perfectly flat.

About why it drops like that, you can find that here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1778492

tobias1108

Sep 18, 2013
coimbra
If you bought it from an authorized re-seller it's strange that it does the things you describe. Even if you misuse it, it should only be after a year or so that it'd be that bad.
Do you know anyone else with a Defy? That's the easiest way to check if the battery is bad. Lend it to him for a week or so and see if he complains.
Also see if the battery is bulky (if it lies on a flat surface, it should not rock from left to right). A bump in the battery is a clear sign that it's bad. New ones should be perfectly flat.

About why it drops like that, you can find that here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1778492

so can i by this one and my red 525 will run 100 batt?? or 3.7v 1500Wh?? :/

tobias1108

Sep 18, 2013
coimbra
If you run a custom rom that supports it, yes. (for example latest CM 10, 10.1 or 10.2 from Quarx)
Not on the stock Moto rom.

...thanks again lasbin!!!!!... one friend advice me to by one:3.7V 1800Wh

do you think it run till 100% in cm10.2?
the max battery capacity to our defy is 3.8V 1650Wh (defy+ original ) ??

thanks men

Last edited:

labsin

Apr 17, 2011
Antwerp
Redmi 9 Power
I don't know. Most of these batteries have a "Fake" indication and are just bad quality. I do have bought an after marked (unofficial) battery in the past that was good this was a polarcell (not for the defy). Can't really tell you more.

Reactions: tobias1108

pepeparada

Dec 7, 2013
compre una

i have bought one , probably not an original one, but it makes my phone last looong, it gives my defy new life, cm10.2 made by quarx

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts