New Update ANE5

Search This thread

Naaser

May 18, 2012
Motorola Moto G100 / Edge S
I just got my s5 today from tombile.. I have no idea if this includes with new update or not??
2ate4yma.jpg

xda23

Sep 13, 2013
Here's a mirror to the stock NE6 tar file I downloaded from sammobile.com last night. I have flashed this over top my rooted NE5 stock rom via odin on my Win 7 PC and then re-rooted with Chainfire's cf-auto root tar, then flashed twrp and I have had no issues with NE6. Data speeds are just as good as they were with the NCH modem.

https://mega.co.nz/#!UMxxFIjQ!x_2y9IJPxdk6Juvo4rqx8KvpAGIP-BCTBw-0QgybXlM

I can flash this with pro mobile Odin correct? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900T using XDA Free mobile app

ashraf sharif

Dec 30, 2011
nyc
Don't think so. I know you can't flash modems with mobile odin.
are you sure that mobile odin pro cant flash modems? im not rooted so i cant try this but i used to have a galaxy s3 that i was able to flash modems with easily. as long as the firmware was unzipped i would copy it to sd and then before flashing in mobile odin i would remove the files which were not the modem. for example pda ,hidden,kernel i think there are five total . one is the modem or baseband. i would just eliminate the rest and odin would flash just the modem. maybe s5 is different?

fzammetti

Aug 21, 2008
www.zammetti.com

vvveith

Jul 20, 2010
Cleveland
My speed did not change.

Not good...originally it seemed like this issue was limited to att sims. Anyone update with a tmobile sim without a reduction in speed?

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Was your phone rooted? I hope they can fix this fast, usually unless an issue such as this hits the blog sites it could take long time to get tmobile to recognize there is an issue

My speed is A OK. Even from inside my house which is usually a problem. I'm stock phone, T Mobile updated through Kies and followed instructions. Restarted the phone a few times after update before using.

---------- Post added at 02:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Thanks, that kind of makes sense. others are not seeing it via kies today, so many the update was pulled.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Just curious if anyone did the update and had no reduced download speeds. Thanks

Thirty minutes ago.

fzammetti

Aug 21, 2008
www.zammetti.com
Working well

I did the update via Odin and sure enough it didn't wipe... cool, I just didn't know that :) Anyway, re-rooted and enabled SD write access and all is working well for me. Even fixed my missing NFC icon issue :) Comms speed is fine for me, overall UX might be a little snappier, though not drastic enough to be sure it isn't just my imagination. Very smooth update on 3 S5's in my house.

erider

Jun 15, 2010
what are peoples baseband version saying after running the ane6 update? My Baseband is saying NE5 and build number is sayin NE6. I had downgraded the modem to get back my speeds. so im wondering if i needed to run the update again or flash the modem seperate. Odin did say it was flashing the modem on the status screen.
edit:
i just found and flashed the NE6 modem and it didnt take, its still listed and NE5. Any ideas?
Edit: figured it out. i had to pull the battery and flash modem again. Leaving this here in case someone else has the same issue.
Thanks
Erider

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    is it sad i already have stock tar uploading, firmware tar made, odex made(finalizing).. and starting work on deodex? i def did this update with the quickness LOL thanks @em0ney14 for pm'ing me this morning and letting me know and thanks op as well!
    Awesome will have odex and deodex bases up by this afternoon

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    You're on it Beans! Do you plan on rebasing Alliance on the new OTA?
    ya definetly
    I hope this isn't a dumb question, but. ... can we assume that the update is "safe" to take OTA? What I mean is, are we pretty sure tmobile is not going to lock the bootloader in an update?

Sent from my SM-T320 using XDA Free mobile app
    no if history repeats itself no ota will lock the bootloader only when a phone is initially releases the bootloader would be locked, aka all att phones before s4 are unlocked and still havent been locked by an ota. just new phones have been locked
    Could someone make the modem available? Thx

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    ya will post shortly
    Is that all this update is, an SMS/MMS fix? Whats the size of the update if anyone knows.
    this has all the other goodies that the international update had, finger scanner fix, camera fix, misc fixes. its also based off of 4.4.2 r2 not r1
    I am not sure which modem you are attempting to flash = however, Samsung stopped rolling out this update because of issues with the Modem - many people were seeing their data speed drop off significantly.

Beans has a thread in Development section for the Stock Rom that came from this update - and he has also extracted the MOdem for anyone who wants to flash it - you might look there - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2760314

I don't know if I helped - but good luck -

By the way - if you think people speak in "code around this place" considering this is a forum created by Developers for Developers - this should not be a surprise.

XDA was not created to help people who wanted to play around with their phones.... but by the grace of those developers who offer help, we can learn from them ways we can get more out of our phones by using the tools and software that they create. If I were you - I wouldn't bite the hand that feeds you by talking nasty to them...